corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Steve's first Scooby- ***sold :( ***

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Steve's first Scooby- ***sold :( ***
SteveoBC
Premium Member

User status: Offline
12th Feb 15 at 22:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But going advice from EDM they rate them as they have used them for racing with but the setup i have is perfect for fast road and the odd track session

Wont fully know the potential until spring comes around and i get out round combe
gavin18787
Premium Member

13th Feb 15 at 13:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All about the action day testing day hehe

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
SteveoBC
Premium Member

13th Feb 15 at 14:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gavin18787
All about the action day testing day hehe

you know it
DaveyLC

13th Feb 15 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everybody should own a WRX/STI at least once!
SteveoBC
Premium Member

16th Feb 15 at 10:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finally got to have a play in the car over the weekend after not being able to touch it for 3/4weeks due to being in for a service and waiting for my bonnet scoop to be painted. Fitted the bonnet scoop back on and drove it around for a bit to bed the brakes in...they feel SOOOO much better, just a tap and they bite pretty well

Drove over to my mates in milton keynes saturday night to watch the ice hockey, never been to one before and was pretty good, plus parking in the underground car park set off like 4 alarms haha

Sunday Had to sort out my dads car first as his washers werent working, removed washers, fine, found out the filters that the washer motors slot into were caked in green slimey gunge- horrid, washed cleaned and fixed those

next had to clean the company car (got bollocked friday from the boss as it was filthy) had a moan "you havent washed in the 2 weeks- sort it!" (was actually 3months but wasnt gonna correct him )

Then onto the scoob...
Nice wash and a scrub and comes up like new, plus got a shot of the new brakes, these work well and look pretty cool as imo so double bonus

mmmm new stoppers

next on the list of things to do;
fit the guages i have (need to order a adapter for one of them)
Save up for some new tyres...currently on around 2-3mm on all the corners, should last me until we come up to the Combe action day in April.......then the week after that ...off to the Nurburgring once again!!
Kyle T
Premium Member

16th Feb 15 at 23:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I need urgent feedback on your pads

Do they make noise on the road? Squeeling and/or rattling around in the caliper

Do they last 15-20mins on track?

Please have answers to me by mid March at the latest

PS - Disks look great.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
SteveoBC
Premium Member

17th Feb 15 at 08:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
I need urgent feedback on your pads

Do they make noise on the road? Squeeling and/or rattling around in the caliper

Do they last 15-20mins on track?

Please have answers to me by mid March at the latest

PS - Disks look great.

dont think i will be out on track by mid march Kyle, im skint at the moment, wont be out on track until castle combe action day in april

but the red stuff pads havent made a sound, no rattles or squeals at all and i have proper stamped on them a couple of times when they were warm to see what they are capable off, have been running with the windows down aswell a few times to hear the boost and dump valve noises (as iv missed them ) and didnt hear any brake noises there either, slow traffic or at high speed

Eliot at EDM did say when he first put them on and went for a road test they did grind but he located this to the same problem you had with clearance at the rear discs with the brake dust guard, said he took the back wheels off, re-adjusted and it was fine and hasnt made a peep since
big eck

6th Mar 15 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How you getting on with the brake set up??
SteveoBC
Premium Member

8th Mar 15 at 20:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
How you getting on with the brake set up??

Not figured out how well they do in extreme conditions, until I hit combe. but have noticed driving around town there is now a whirring noise from the grooves in the discs....slightly annoying but then boost comes on from the right foot and all is forgotten lol
SteveoBC
Premium Member

11th Apr 15 at 09:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a bit of a splurge this week, some parts are on their way, others are still in the post

New Tegiwa brake stopper arrived yesterday

New set of 4 Nankang NS2R's in the post, bought the medium compound as they have to drive me to the track days and also i have a long trip to the nurburgring coming up i dont want them to be worn out before or on the way back, and got them for a brilliant price delivered through a friend

and also a new front splitter is on its way from HVAutos as the current one was a bit tired and iv treated it bit shitty recently and its got some cracks in places now so getting a new one for a tidy up

got my best mates 30th this weekend so thats my time taken up (and im currently at work at the mo) but these should all be here by next weekend so they can get all fitted just in time for combe on the 25th
l88fty
Premium Member

11th Apr 15 at 12:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Always been more of a fan of the Classic's Steve, used to have an Import STi with the Redtop Forged engine running 331bhp - I was far to young and had to much money to waste on cars!! Love how you've got yours setup, looks perfect mate

[Edited on 11-04-2015 by l88fty]

LN Customs - Lincolnshires Award Winning Enthusiasts Motoring Club
Web:lncustoms.co.uk Email: Lofty (Club Manager) Tel: 07876220929
SteveoBC
Premium Member

13th Apr 15 at 08:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers Lofty,nice classic you had there, yeh love mine mate, blobs are my fave shape at the mo, the only other thing i would maybe look into would be a possible remap and some newer suspension

other than that, fine as it is

although im fucking pissed off this morning, tyre place i ordered my tyres through have only just now told me 8 days later that they cant get my tyres, why they fuck tell me they are in stock, take my money, pretend all is well then send an email out of the blue saying they cant get them

fucking useless, was told in the same email i will get a refund obviously but sent a shitty email back saying i want my refund asap so i can get them elsewhere and also asking why it took them a week to realise they didnt have them in stock in the first place, useless wankers

[Edited on 13-04-2015 by SteveoBC]
Kyle T
Premium Member

13th Apr 15 at 08:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Camskill man, I don't even shop around now.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Marc

13th Apr 15 at 08:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That looks a really nice example Steve.
SteveoBC
Premium Member

13th Apr 15 at 08:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

was £100 cheaper than them and free delivery.......now i know why they are cheaper, useless fuckers
SteveoBC
Premium Member

13th Apr 15 at 08:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
That looks a really nice example Steve.

cheers Marc
Kyle T
Premium Member

13th Apr 15 at 09:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SteveoBC
quote:

was £100 cheaper than them and free delivery.......now i know why they are cheaper, useless fuckers

I can sell you non existent tyres for £200 cheaper

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
SteveoBC
Premium Member

13th Apr 15 at 09:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SteveoBC
quote:

I can sell you non existent tyres for £200 cheaper

HARDY HAR HAR!

well the website was advertised as in stock... what else can i do lol
Kyle T
Premium Member

13th Apr 15 at 09:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
SteveoBC
Premium Member

13th Apr 15 at 13:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh my god i am ready to fucking kill someone over these sodding tyres

1st company- fuck me over take my money, tell me 8 days later they dont have them in stock, refund being organised

2nd company, call another tyre firm, call them myself to make sure they have them in stock "hello this is michael, yes they are in the warehouse we have 8" im like great get me a set please......2hours later "hello this is micheal from uselesstyres.com...the tyres you ordered with us are no longer in stock, we will have to sort out a refund".......WTF!?! i spoke to you 2 hours ago and you said you had them and took my card details "hmm that may have been one of my colleague" err no mate it was you! dont lie, i need that refund asap please

at this point i am raging forked out for 2 sets of tyres i dont even bloody have! refunds will come but god knows when and i only have time to get the tyres fitted this weekend so need a set this week!

so i admit defeat, i call camskill....."yes we have a set in 120 compound" yeh im after the 180 compound mate, medium
"120 is all we do" err no 180 compound is the medium and nankang do them as you advertise them for 17's "oh well its near track season...we must have run out".....useless, sounded like he couldnt give 2 shits, about as useful as a chocolate teapot

4th company- finally a result, spoke to Ian at JJC Race and Rally, very helpful "youre in luck we have a set of 4 on the shelf, definately, in medium, in your size...after all the rubbish you have had with everyone else ill give you 4 free tyre valves and put these on express delivery (usually a tenner) but will do this for free for you" ledgend www.jjcraceandrally.com

.....and still cheaper than camskill by £40, thank christ

so nearly maxed my card out and have to chase for refunds all thanks to 2 complete bell end companies

[Edited on 13-04-2015 by SteveoBC]
Kyle T
Premium Member

13th Apr 15 at 13:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glad you got sorted.

I've spent the day working from home for a Sofa that didn't arrive. Just talked to them... "Monday, ohhhhh Monday. No we'll be there Wednesday"

COCKS

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
SteveoBC
Premium Member

14th Apr 15 at 14:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok JJC Race and Rally are my new best friends lo

Good as their word, new tyres have been delivered so will get these bad boys on at the weekend

new front splitter is delivered and is at my neighbours

and the brake stopper arrived yesterday

looks like im gonna have a busy saturday and sunday
SteveoBC
Premium Member

19th Apr 15 at 19:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very busy couple of days

Saturday had to go to work most of the day, then headed straight to mum and dads to be greeted with all my new parts and tyres
New tyres nankang ns2r's in medium compound

New lightweight tyre valves I got for free

New front splitter in plastic to replace the shagged fibreglass one

And tegiwa import brake stopper

Quickly got the tyres into the motor and headed down to the tyre place, one in each seat

Corsa outside...it's a sign lol

Got there just in time, the lads at the tyre place were jap nuts and pretty patient and helpful as I was the last job of the day, had a few clearance issues with the old splitter scuffing getting it in, but said not to worry as it a shagged anyway and getting replaced

Got it home then had to go to my Nan's 80th birthday so called it a day

Sunday
Up and set to work getting everything fitted
First up, brake stopper

Then set about changing the front splitter for a nice new one

Nice new plastic one compared to the flimsy fibreglass one

Much better

Quick shot of the new track rubber

Took it out for spin, tyres feel good and the brake stopper was a great mod, brake feel is 20x more solid. But will find out at castle combe next week...test it there and then nurburgring on 1st may

Topped up levels, fuel and intercooler spray and a final wash

oJNAo
Premium Member

19th Apr 15 at 20:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't wait to drool over this next week haha
SteveoBC
Premium Member

19th Apr 15 at 20:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by oJNAo
Can't wait to drool over this next week haha

You'll have to be quick I'm out on track 3 times next week taking friends on passenger rides lol

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Steve's first Scooby- ***sold :( *** 24 database queries in 0.0176940 seconds