corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Thinking of a new car, itchy feet

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Thinking of a new car, itchy feet
gavin18787
Premium Member

User status: Offline
5th Jan 15 at 13:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ps what is dales username on here

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
flybikeslee

5th Jan 15 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gavin18787
Big bills if it wants for alot is putting me off rs4 s. Lovely cars though

yeah they seem to have a few issues, coking up being the main one, drink oil quite a bit, leaky shockers. swayed back toward an e90 shape m3...
gavin18787
Premium Member

5th Jan 15 at 20:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looked at them but for a road car everyone seems to rate the 135 and 335 as a better all rounder. No denying their epicness on track

Nismo

5th Jan 15 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

135 and the 335 are not an M car its a simple as that.

Drive both then make your decision.
Jambo

5th Jan 15 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What Nismo said.

Read plenty of threads of people who downsized or later upgraded and notes on how much of a waste of time the 335i was. Straight line cruiser. That's about it.
taylorboosh

5th Jan 15 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was going to say - the people who rate 335is over M3s will own 335s because they cant afford an M3

Thats not looking down my nose as i cant afford either - its a fact
Graham88

6th Jan 15 at 05:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rs4 looks an absolute money pit. Mate briefly looked into them but the repair bills are just too scary.

I don't doubt the 135 & 335's are better all rounders, but they are not comparable

I am however a huge fan of the 135's. That 1 series you posted is lovely Gav
gavin18787
Premium Member

6th Jan 15 at 10:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I prefer the 135 if im honest. Havent driven either but assume it would be lighter on its feet then a 335 which looks a bit of a barge.

If I went M3 it would be E46 over E92 purely for the cost factor. Cant help think they look a bit dated now though. Saying that I currently drive a 52 plate civic

Fonz
Premium Member

6th Jan 15 at 10:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am coming from the other side of line in looking for something to replace the MX5 with...

at the moment the GT86 is the only car which fits the bill.
RWD, fun, with more "practicality" than a MX5 which is basically more of a boot and rear seats and remains "affordable" without going down a 2.5litre German badged gas-guzzler

I have sat in the rear seat of a GT86 and didn't feel uncomfortable.
someone who is tall (6 foot+) i can imagine would struggle to get in and then sit in the limit head space

that said i rarely take passengers and even less so 6 footers to need a rear seat to accommodate them.

I can understand you considering them as they tick all the boxes for me and plenty of good reviews online and comparisons on Youtube...i wait to see your decision with interest!
flybikeslee

6th Jan 15 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gt86 just seems a little overpriced for what else you can get for the money imo. in a few years once they've dropped a few quid id consider one.
gavin18787
Premium Member

6th Jan 15 at 11:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by flybikeslee
gt86 just seems a little overpriced for what else you can get for the money imo. in a few years once they've dropped a few quid id consider one.

This is my worry with it. Had a snoop on the forum and all the people that got them are already shocked at how much in value they have dropped.
Saying that they will be alot cheaper to run then any bmw etc so its swings and roundabouts. Im keeping a close eye on the price of them.....

flybikeslee

6th Jan 15 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they'll be s2000 money in no time at all.

<<  2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Thinking of a new car, itchy feet 23 database queries in 0.0117350 seconds