corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Thinking of a new car, itchy feet

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Thinking of a new car, itchy feet
SVM 286

User status: Offline
29th Dec 14 at 01:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GB123
quote:
Originally posted by SVM 286

It's normally in reference to the rich tart who owns the hairdressers and got rich off the back of a load of 15-18 yr old girls grafting for pennies.

White Range Rover Sport for her then, normally with mods including, but not limited to: limo black window tints, horrible black and chrome alloys and an array of pink fluffy shit inside.

Bingo GB!
SVM 286

29th Dec 14 at 01:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gavin18787
quote:
Originally posted by corsadonk
What is your budget Gavin?

Not looking to go over 18k really. But can stretch for the right car....

Fuck's sake Gav!!!

For 18k, i'd want it to be pale blue, run on methanol and have a sodding Bugatti badge.
SVM 286

29th Dec 14 at 01:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
buy transporter van, tune civic up more. sorted.

Nic! Buy your bloody engine back and stick it in a Westfield you lovely man!
SVM 286

29th Dec 14 at 01:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Toby

ananal .

Tobes, is that anal, with extra anal, or is it something else?
SVM 286

29th Dec 14 at 01:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --ToM--
quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
E60 M5 would need a similar maintainance budget to a Ferrari F355.

Cambelt every time you take it out lol, I'm forever doing them on 355s, the last one I did had done less than 2000 miles since the belt was last done! Engine out Aswell.

Fucking idiots. Like it's rotted away and turned to blancmange after 2k, just cos it's been a while
--ToM--

29th Dec 14 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

More to do with the service intervals are tiny and they like to keep the service book fully up to date and the people that own them £2000+ for a Cambelt service is nothing to them, did a full top end rebuild on one last year due to belt failure belt was just under 3 years old
SVM 286

29th Dec 14 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wowsers Tom!

High maintenance would seem to be an understatement.
--ToM--

29th Dec 14 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh aye all part and parcel of owning a rari , funny were talking about it really as we just sold an f355 spider this morning
taylorboosh

29th Dec 14 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im going to buy one
--ToM--

29th Dec 14 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buy a manual the "f1" with the flappy paddles is shite, it's the early days of the paddle shifts and in ferraris especially there absoloutely awful, clunky nasty gear changes with loads of delay gives you whiplash when you change, compared to the modern ones lovely and smooth and instant
gavin18787
Premium Member

29th Dec 14 at 21:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Someone at work suggested 135i

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=201216608853&globalID=EBAY-GB&alt=web

as long as its not the ugly van shape

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
flybikeslee

29th Dec 14 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
E92 m3 Gav

Only get the dregs of the market with my budget and im sure they will lose value soon with the new one out

that's what i'm holding out for
Graham88

30th Dec 14 at 00:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That is lovely Gav

Comfort with plenty of power. They upgrade easily. Mate had one at 400bhp (might have been more) and was rapid
Robin
Premium Member

30th Dec 14 at 08:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=201216608853&globalID=EBAY-GB&alt=web

The 'ugly van shape' is light years away from the earlier ones in terms of how it drives, so much more composed and it feels punchier too.

The coupe ones feel different too depending on if you get an early one or a late one, the early ones were twin turbo, the later ones are single turbo and drive differently.

Having driven an early manual, a late manual and a late one with the double clutch and a manual 'ugly van shape' that's the one I'd go for but if you don't like the way they look, that's fair enough, I think they're over budget anyway.
corsadonk
Premium Member

30th Dec 14 at 10:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not a bad shout with the 135, I was very impressed with a 235 at Combe this year, I couldn't touch a well driven one in my Corsa.
gavin18787
Premium Member

31st Dec 14 at 12:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
quote:

The 'ugly van shape' is light years away from the earlier ones in terms of how it drives, so much more composed and it feels punchier too.

The coupe ones feel different too depending on if you get an early one or a late one, the early ones were twin turbo, the later ones are single turbo and drive differently.

Having driven an early manual, a late manual and a late one with the double clutch and a manual 'ugly van shape' that's the one I'd go for but if you don't like the way they look, that's fair enough, I think they're over budget anyway.

Cheers

Think it would be an early one, as the newer shape starts above my budget. Would have to be a coupe as I really dislike the shape of the other one Ive owned a breadvan for 6 years so fancy something non van related

Will do some more reading up on them as I feel they could be a good option. argh so much choice

Keep going back to GT86 too. Think I need to find one to drive to put my mind at rest on them.

taylorboosh

3rd Jan 15 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I drove a cayman s today - take back anything i have ever said - awesome cars
johnny86
Premium Member

3rd Jan 15 at 21:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a 2013 116d and it's really nice to drive. It's hatchback not coupe though. As a family car it's amazing tbh
Robin
Premium Member

3rd Jan 15 at 22:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was considering a GT86 at the time too but couldn't get over how crap the rear seat was. I wasn't expecting it to be spacious but I was expecting it to be a little more than 2 police cell mattresses wedged into place to form a bench.

I know you don't buy a car like that for the comfort as such but still, a little pride on the details goes a long way!
gavin18787
Premium Member

4th Jan 15 at 17:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never seen inside a gt86 in the flesh but even in the pics the rear doesnt look great with minimal padding and exposed isofix points

Struggling to find any usual info on 135i in regards to costs and issues etc. But have ccme across its fairly easy to get 350bhp and equal torque easy enough
Look good with a few choice changes too.
Do they have a slippy diff. Look like a perfect road car. Better the an m3 according to some due to.the low dow grunt. Just wonder how it would fair if i went on track with it.

gavin18787
Premium Member

4th Jan 15 at 17:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

[Edited on 04-01-2015 by gavin18787]

corsadonk
Premium Member

4th Jan 15 at 20:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like I said before I was very impressed with a 235 I had in front of me at Combe, they seem to be very well balanced, but no LSD.
corsadonk
Premium Member

4th Jan 15 at 20:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't you message Dale, he is a BMW tec.
flybikeslee

5th Jan 15 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just nosying at rs4s... 2006 around 18k
gavin18787
Premium Member

5th Jan 15 at 13:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Big bills if it wants for alot is putting me off rs4 s. Lovely cars though

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Thinking of a new car, itchy feet 23 database queries in 0.1879659 seconds