corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Thinking of a new car, itchy feet

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Thinking of a new car, itchy feet
John

User status: Offline
27th Dec 14 at 00:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I could choose any car, it would be a couple of old vauxhalls and a bottom rung BMW.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

27th Dec 14 at 01:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is coming from the guy who claims a car built by the owner is automatically nicer than a car where the owner has paid pro's to fit parts to it
--ToM--

27th Dec 14 at 08:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
If I could choose any car, it would be a couple of old vauxhalls and a bottom rung BMW.

And there we have it, prime example of what these threads are all about, willy waving , I buy cars I like because I want them not because the Internet approves of it ,

Making personal digs because you don't like that I have an opinion that differs from yours, bless
--ToM--

27th Dec 14 at 08:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
this is coming from the guy who claims a car built by the owner is automatically nicer than a car where the owner has paid pro's to fit parts to it

I apologise for that comment mate as it really must have touched a nerve seen as your still bitching about it months and months later, how about contacting total vauxhall about getting your car featured instead of posting in every total vauxhall related thread that they "should feature you"
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

27th Dec 14 at 09:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Coz I don't want a feature. I say that to take the piss. My car isn't good enough for a feature so I don't go about wasting their time contacting them
--ToM--

27th Dec 14 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You don't know untill you try though, didn't think mine was only contacted them because my mates told me too , yours looks smart , if they didn't do a feature it'll definately go in the readers cars bit
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

27th Dec 14 at 09:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not bothered though
corsadonk
Premium Member

27th Dec 14 at 09:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What is your budget Gavin?
Graham88

27th Dec 14 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol I think some people need to buy cars cause it's what they want not cause they wanna show people how much money they have. Or how much finance they're allowed.
SVM 286

27th Dec 14 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GB123
The regurgitated Top Gear nonsense comment of hairdresser's car that's applied to anything with 2 seats and a convertible roof never makes sense, genuinely never seen a hairdresser drive anything better than a battered old fiesta.

It's normally in reference to the rich tart who owns the hairdressers and got rich off the back of a load of 15-18 yr old girls grafting for pennies.
SVM 286

27th Dec 14 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
I'm too biased for this conversation

GB123
Premium Member

27th Dec 14 at 12:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SVM 286

It's normally in reference to the rich tart who owns the hairdressers and got rich off the back of a load of 15-18 yr old girls grafting for pennies.

White Range Rover Sport for her then, normally with mods including, but not limited to: limo black window tints, horrible black and chrome alloys and an array of pink fluffy shit inside.
gavin18787
Premium Member

27th Dec 14 at 23:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsadonk
What is your budget Gavin?

Not looking to go over 18k really. But can stretch for the right car....

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Nic Barnes

27th Dec 14 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

buy transporter van, tune civic up more. sorted.
corsadonk
Premium Member

28th Dec 14 at 07:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With that kind of budget, I'd be looking at one of these.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-E60-M5-Excellent-condition-Low-Mileage-many-options-Full-BMW-service-/301441088578?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item462f49fc42

With some money left for stainless exhaust.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oszajd3mlK4
Toby
Premium Member

28th Dec 14 at 09:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't be looking at anything other than a Cayman S with that budget. I almost took the leap last year but ny role changed ananal back doing 30k a year.

The Cayman isn't the quickest straghtline in that budget but its the whole package, the feel of the car, the responsiveness, the balance, the noise. Such an awesome alround car and would be a great car just to throw onto a track.
Jambo

28th Dec 14 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

E60 M5 would need a similar maintainance budget to a Ferrari F355.
Graham88

28th Dec 14 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

E92 m3 Gav
scoob
Premium Member

28th Dec 14 at 12:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Insignia Vxr
gavin18787
Premium Member

28th Dec 14 at 15:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
E92 m3 Gav

Only get the dregs of the market with my budget and im sure they will lose value soon with the new one out

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
--ToM--

28th Dec 14 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo

Cambelt every time you take it out lol, I'm forever doing them on 355s, the last one I did had done less than 2000 miles since the belt was last done! Engine out Aswell.
Nismo

28th Dec 14 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gavin18787
quote:
E92 m3 Gav

Only get the dregs of the market with my budget and im sure they will lose value soon with the new one out

You will be surprised what you can pick up, extend your budget to 20K and you will have a good selection of cars, if you look at sub 60K cars you can put the BMW warranty on it for about £50 per month for piece of mind.

Alos to add to that the M4 has not effected the prices at all so don't expect there to be a massive drop in the market (over the last 4 months the prices of E92's have actually risen)

[Edited on 28-12-2014 by Nismo]
Jambo

28th Dec 14 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --ToM--
quote:
Originally posted by Jambo

Cambelt every time you take it out lol, I'm forever doing them on 355s, the last one I did had done less than 2000 miles since the belt was last done! Engine out Aswell.

You a Tech Tom? F355

E60's need mental money spent on gearbox as well as regular maintainance
--ToM--

28th Dec 14 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes mate but not for Ferrari themselves work for an indipendant sales service and restoration company that specializes in top end classics, lambo,rari, Bentley, porsche, RR, jag, merc etc etc, get to work on some awesome stuff to be fair albeit most of them are a nightmare lol
Graham88

29th Dec 14 at 00:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
quote:
Originally posted by gavin18787
quote:
E92 m3 Gav

You will be surprised what you can pick up, extend your budget to 20K and you will have a good selection of cars, if you look at sub 60K cars you can put the BMW warranty on it for about £50 per month for piece of mind.

Alos to add to that the M4 has not effected the prices at all so don't expect there to be a massive drop in the market (over the last 4 months the prices of E92's have actually risen)

Yeah basically what he said lol, mainly said it as you said you could extend your budget for the right car. My mate got one for 18k in red and it's been good as gold, lovely car

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Thinking of a new car, itchy feet 23 database queries in 0.1015310 seconds