corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Arden Blue Corsa B 1L (dead page 43)

New Poll
  <<  34    35    36    37    38    39    40  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Arden Blue Corsa B 1L (dead page 43)
gidged500
Premium Member

User status: Offline
31st Dec 15 at 01:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can get the boot open from inside with a screw driver there's a rod you move.
If your having a cv boot done id have new track rods out on and probably a cv joint itself then it's done
Then tracking

Wheezing noise not because it's a 1.0? Lol

I used my 2.0 Xe every day for two years wasn't that bad.
Never broke down on me once
Used a little fuel when I hit the loud pedal hard lol
Jason x
Premium Member

31st Dec 15 at 01:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I'm just pushing the rod down
by hand at moment to open it if I have to put something in , so can technically open it its just not ideal and I can't use my parcel shelf because the calibra seats are hard to fold down.

I'll have to see about getting all that done soon with the cv joint because last mot they said it was going to need it for next.

The weezing noise is weird, I don't really know of how to describe it.. It mainly happens when over 4k revs when holding off from changing up it almost sounds like if you are blowing from the back of your throat insisted of through your lips (weird way of deciding it I know) happened after some very high revs going downhill wasn't doing it before.

I like the idea of a 2.0, looks good in bay and can say you've got a 2.0 corsa but I'm just not sure yet.. Not in any rush right now anyway 1.0 still doing me well.

[Edited on 31-12-2015 by Jason x]
Jason x
Premium Member

4th Jan 16 at 00:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dash bulbs have been going a bit wild recently, flickering and randomly going off which is pretty distracting.

It's pretty much exactly a year ago they were changed to blue (except the the heater ones which are forever going off).

Anyway, bought a new kit with all the bulbs.. this time from crazyled's Instead of eBay.

Also gave the inside a proper going over, well overdue.

If I could get some those Vauxhall mats with the red text that would be the inside done.

[Edited on 15-01-2016 by Jason x]
oJNAo
Premium Member

4th Jan 16 at 22:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The leds make the dash much nicer, they don't seem stupidly bright like most
Jason x
Premium Member

4th Jan 16 at 23:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you done yours? One of the best cheap mods imo kit cost less than £10

[Edited on 15-01-2016 by Jason x]
oJNAo
Premium Member

4th Jan 16 at 23:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah wasn't a fan of how bright some were. But I like these and how subtle they are
AndyCorsaSport

5th Jan 16 at 00:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I read through all this the other day. Car looks great, never thought it would look like this after you first started with the posts about your crash lol. Reminds me of my Arden blue corsa from 7 years ago.

Interior looks spot on in cream against the blue of the car. Something different too.
Jason x
Premium Member

5th Jan 16 at 01:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyCorsaSport
I read through all this the other day. Car looks great, never thought it would look like this after you first started with the posts about your crash lol. Reminds me of my Arden blue corsa from 7 years ago.

Interior looks spot on in cream against the blue of the car. Something different too.

Cheers Andy, I remember that thread... lol.

Certainly done more than I originally planned when I got it two nearly two years ago now, don't think I've ever seen your corsa before.

I love the cream Interior myself, not tatty like most either wich is a plus.
Jason x
Premium Member

5th Jan 16 at 01:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by oJNAo
Nah wasn't a fan of how bright some were. But I like these and how subtle they are

I had reservations about them when I first put them in last January as they did seem a lot brighter and you can't turn the clocks down like you can with the normal bulbs but I'm used to them now.

If my car wasn't blue I think red would be cool and I think they are a bit easier on the eyes

[Edited on 05-01-2016 by Jason x]
Jason x
Premium Member

8th Feb 16 at 12:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Since the last update cars needed a new clutch, alternator, oil change and most recently a CV joint.

I've also bought some short pressed plates

Size comparison

Grey painted centre console had gotten scuffed up, so took that off and replaced it with a standard unpainted one which looks better anyway...

Managed to partially rip an arch off, so need to get a new one and get it painted

And got some Morrettes

Will be getting them painted black soon, still unsure about what to do to with indicators though

And here's a few pictures I took recently of the car

[Edited on 08-02-2016 by Jason x]
Ian W

8th Feb 16 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love this
Jason x
Premium Member

8th Feb 16 at 13:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Ian
noshua

8th Feb 16 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks nice can u take another picture of the passenger side at a different angle please?
Jason x
Premium Member

8th Feb 16 at 13:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How many degrees would you like me to move
anthcorsa

8th Feb 16 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks stunning this mate. Glad your happy with the morettes bud.
Jason x
Premium Member

8th Feb 16 at 23:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jason x
Premium Member

12th Mar 16 at 01:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So took the morrettes apart to clean and get painted.

Cases in good condition really, all lugs intact...

Insides before

And cleaned up

Cases painted gloss black

Also got some new dipped/high beam bulbs and side lights

And decided what I was going to do with the indicators, originally was going to get some for behind the grill but decided they will be too close together so went with this idea I got from another thread on here which is to mount motorbike indicators to the back of the empty inside lense

Did the measurements and bought the bits

Arrived, all the right size just need the hole in the top of the mount drilling bigger to accommodate the bike indicator

Indicators arrived

Trial of how indicators will sit

Re-drilled one of the holes to fit the indicator

And back together, with indicators

Cars also having bit of trouble starting, mainly when it's warm/been running so got it plugged in and came up as being an egr valve fault so have bought a blanking plate.. Yet to fit though.

Will get the Morrettes fitted soon also.

[Edited on 12-03-2016 by Jason x]
BeetleGav

12th Mar 16 at 09:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should look good, get that bracket painted black though
Haimsey
Premium Member

12th Mar 16 at 09:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should look good when fitted

If it were me, I'd probably look to put something over the inner lamps like some black mesh just to cover a gaping hole.

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Generation

12th Mar 16 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, you need to put something in front of that indicator. It does not look good at the momenr
anthcorsa

12th Mar 16 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice work mate! Look good.
Jason x
Premium Member

12th Mar 16 at 14:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks!

Not keen on Meshing the inside lense, prefer them empty/open myself also the indicators won't be as noticable when they are on the car as they won't be at eye level like in the photos.

anthcorsa

12th Mar 16 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hard to believe these came of my car lol, done a class job here jase, Those indicators are miles nicer than the ones i had
Jason x
Premium Member

12th Mar 16 at 15:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks!

They've turned out nice, hopefully won't be too much of a headache connecting indicators.

Ben G

12th Mar 16 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Indicators are a great idea. You won't notice them when fitted on the car, though it may end up looking like you have bits missing.

<<  34    35    36    37    38    39    40  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Arden Blue Corsa B 1L (dead page 43) 24 database queries in 0.0290811 seconds