corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Arden Blue Corsa B 1L (dead page 43)

New Poll
  <<  33    34    35    36    37    38    39  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Arden Blue Corsa B 1L (dead page 43)
MatthewR

User status: Offline
15th Nov 15 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

youll need another set of tyres by the time u get there lol

looks great with the boot now
Gsi front with top satin black to match would look brilliant imo
Jason x
Premium Member

15th Nov 15 at 22:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol yeah

That's what I've been thinking, like how that guy on here with the silver 2.0 with soft stars had it... Think I would need skirts as well though if I was to have gsi front.

Just when I thought I wanted to stop spending money on it

[Edited on 16-11-2015 by Jason x]
oJNAo
Premium Member

15th Nov 15 at 23:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought the same thing lol, managed to not buy anything for the car over summer then splashed out on the Gaz front coilovers for it in September

[Edited on 15-11-2015 by oJNAo]
Jason x
Premium Member

16th Nov 15 at 00:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be honest the car doesn't stand me in for THAT much, about £2,800 inc buying the actual car which was £600.

Have you fitted them yet? Haven't seen your thread for some time

[Edited on 05-12-2015 by Jason x]
oJNAo
Premium Member

16th Nov 15 at 02:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just updated it, and nah been debating selling them but will probably end up fitting them as I do want to get a conversion
Jason x
Premium Member

5th Dec 15 at 22:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Few updates.

Got some brand new opel mud flaps from german eBay. I've had a set before but sold them a while ago, but after looking at old pictures wanted them again.

Also finally properly sorted the exhaust, ever since I've had this exhaust it's always hung really low which has been gradually starting to annoy me as it looks a bit pikey. I'd bought different hangers previously which raised it slightly and made it not rattle but it still was my enough.

Bought these and sawed them in half leaving the two holes closest together which im pretty sure is not how it's meant to be but does the job as the tip is about the thickness of a 5p away from the bumper which is perfect.

Overall pic (will clean the car properly soon and get some nice photos)

[Edited on 10-12-2015 by Jason x]
RoweY

6th Dec 15 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cars a credit to you mate
Jason x
Premium Member

6th Dec 15 at 18:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thank you, I do like how it looks now but do still have plans but I'm not in any rush.

Soon as I get some nice weather I want to get it properly cleaned up to take some photos with a good camera.
RoweY

6th Dec 15 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats your other plans for it ?
Jason x
Premium Member

10th Dec 15 at 00:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At the moment i'm undecided between a GSI front bumper with gloss black top and skirts or an irmscher splitter also want some morettes probably wont be for a while though as i need to spend money on other stuff at the moment.
Jason x
Premium Member

21st Dec 15 at 18:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have been thinking about engine swap recently - I think an x16xe would be perfect for me but it's not something i could do myself so need to look into cost...

[Edited on 28-12-2015 by Jason x]
RoweY

21st Dec 15 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought about the x16xe mate but now decided on a C20XE instead
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

21st Dec 15 at 22:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd go C20XE or LET if you can afford it. You'll do the X16XE wanting more imo.

I always wanted more after the 20XE.

Car is looking tidy though

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
Jason x
Premium Member

22nd Dec 15 at 03:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

C20XE would look a lot cooler in the bay, but I can imagine it costing a of a lot more and for what I want it for I don't know if it would be worth it.

My plan/what I was thinking of doing if I was to go ahead with it was to get a 1.6 sport cheapish and use it as a donnor car so everything's there.

Not looking for anything crazy power wise just somthing a bit quicker and the car needs to be used daily still, think a 1.6 would be ideal really.

gidged500
Premium Member

24th Dec 15 at 10:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What about an xev conversion ? 2.0 but not Xe money
Jason x
Premium Member

28th Dec 15 at 14:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I could probably spend the money on an xe but i'm not sure if i'd want to, Im just not sure on the practicality of having a 2.0 corsa as a daily driver.

Seen lots of threads with people doing it and seems lots of them do it then get another car to drive daily with fuel costs or issues with it etc then corsa never sees the road.... undecided yet really.
Jason x
Premium Member

28th Dec 15 at 14:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I delete the photos up the page as the colours where so off from the phone/camera i was using the car didnt even look arden blue, but i've got a new phone with a much better camera so the car actually looks arden blue rather than a washed out light blue.

Went out to take some photos earlier with the new phone.. the car was actually clean before i went out but got dirty by the time i made it to the place i took the photos.

Ben G

29th Dec 15 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I quite like the mud detailing down the side. Very artistic.

Also very glad you got a new phone. Shows off the colour much better. Arden Blue is a lovely colour.
Jason x
Premium Member

29th Dec 15 at 18:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you mocking me Ben
--ToM--

29th Dec 15 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mud as a cheap alternative to tyre shine?

I love this car reminds me of the one I used to have I think you dug up a thread with it on a while ago
Jason x
Premium Member

29th Dec 15 at 19:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All the mud was caused when I took that sixth photo unfortunately

And Thanks, it does look similar. I like the car now but I miss buying stuff for it/changing stuff.
--ToM--

29th Dec 15 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Black morettes and speed lines would be cool, overdone but cool
Jason x
Premium Member

29th Dec 15 at 19:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was tempted by morettes today but the cars got a few issues that need sorting
--ToM--

29th Dec 15 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Elaborate
Jason x
Premium Member

29th Dec 15 at 20:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't open the boot
Tracking needs doing properly
offside front cv joint gaiter deteriorated
Clutch makes loads of noise when pressed has been for ages but has got a lot worse now

Also has started making a weezing type sound at higher revs not sure what that is

<<  33    34    35    36    37    38    39  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Arden Blue Corsa B 1L (dead page 43) 24 database queries in 0.0233300 seconds