corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Arden Blue Corsa B 1L (dead page 43)

New Poll
  <<  32    33    34    35    36    37    38  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Arden Blue Corsa B 1L (dead page 43)
Jason x
Premium Member

User status: Offline
17th Oct 15 at 23:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its been welded
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

17th Oct 15 at 23:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good
Jason x
Premium Member

18th Oct 15 at 19:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup
Jason x
Premium Member

22nd Oct 15 at 00:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Deleted the other update about the plates to try and prevent the page being clogged up with pics and making it take ages to load but basically just removed the front plate surround and put the rear plate on straight.

got some new overall pics the other day.

I'm pretty happy with the car now to be honest, no major plans (at the moment)

[Edited on 26-10-2015 by Jason x]
Jason x
Premium Member

1st Nov 15 at 16:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice weather today so managed to clean the corsa properly, went for a quick spin up the road from me for some pics.

[Edited on 02-11-2015 by Jason x]
gidged500
Premium Member

4th Nov 15 at 01:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks well now you've had the boot done

You thought about a cream parcel shelf ?
Jason x
Premium Member

4th Nov 15 at 01:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers

Hadn't even thought about it mate. I'd be just happy with having my parcel shelf back in at the moment but can't incase I need to open the boot

[Edited on 08-11-2015 by Jason x]
Jason x
Premium Member

8th Nov 15 at 00:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hugely exciting updates

Got some new bulbs for behind the heater controls, i've replaced these 3 times now so decided to buy some different bulbs as the ones i've had seem to last a week then stop working.

Old.

New "smd" one.

Comparison.

Only had them in a few days so hopefully these actually last longer than a week.

Also got a new map light as my old one started to flicker very badly which wasn't ideal every time the door opened.

Old.

Decided to look for one which would be brighter so bought this...

Comparison old vs new.

Its very bright, could be too bright.

Also bought some tyres online for the first time, usually just get the cheapest budgets from local tyre place which works out at about £52 per tyre fitted. Got these 2 new Nankang ones for like £67 and got them fitted for £10 exciting stuff.

I've been thinking lately of change the front end somewhat (no plans lasted long, i know) either Irmscher front splitter or maybe Gsi front bumper with gloss black top to match my arches and maybe some steinmetz skirts if i go down the gsi front route... not sure yet might also get my wheels painted at christmas not sure what colour though wont be black again though.
Haimsey
Premium Member

8th Nov 15 at 09:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like the new boot, I always wanted a semi-smooth boot but never did it.

I'm always perplexed by people who buy tyres based on whether they are the cheapest available. Don't think I'll ever understand!

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Jason x
Premium Member

8th Nov 15 at 10:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's purely to do with cost, I know I've spent a lot on the car so you'd think I'd get get good tyres but really just don't want to spend more than I have to.

I keep having to replace front tyres as well they only lasted 6,000 miles last time
Ben G

8th Nov 15 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

6,000 miles on a 1l corsa? That's carpark wheelspin territory. I got the same mileage from front tyres on my focus st...
Simon_16v

8th Nov 15 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got 15,000 miles from a set of tyres on my Clio and I did 2 track days on them too
oJNAo
Premium Member

8th Nov 15 at 15:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bloody hell must be some mad rubbing on the front then haha

What Nankang's did you go for?
gidged500
Premium Member

8th Nov 15 at 18:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My toyo t1rs on my Corsa c have just done 25k !
Ben G

8th Nov 15 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You got a pic of your current tyres? I bet you didn't get an alignment done after messing around with the suspension. Quick way to kill tyres off.

[Edited on 08-11-2015 by Ben G]
Jason x
Premium Member

8th Nov 15 at 22:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
6,000 miles on a 1l corsa? That's carpark wheelspin territory. I got the same mileage from front tyres on my focus st...

No car park wheelspins here Ben G

quote:
Originally posted by Simon_16v
I got 15,000 miles from a set of tyres on my Clio and I did 2 track days on them too

I don't get how mine are lasting such a short amount of time/miles

quote:
Originally posted by oJNAo
Bloody hell must be some mad rubbing on the front then haha

What Nankang's did you go for?

Funnily enough no rubbing, I really don't get it

Nankang ns2's, seems alright so far

quote:
Originally posted by gidged500
My toyo t1rs on my Corsa c have just done 25k !

That would last me over two years, annoying having to buy them every six months so things got to be wrong

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
You got a pic of your current tyres? I bet you didn't get an alignment done after messing around with the suspension. Quick way to kill tyres off.

[Edited on 08-11-2015 by Ben G]

I don't have a photo of the tyres that I just took off, but I've had a wheel alignment done several times since messing with the suspension but still keeps wearing more on inside of the tyre. This time though the very inner corner was just below 1.6 while the rest of the tire was on around 2mm so not even that bad.
gidged500
Premium Member

13th Nov 15 at 23:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Camber could be way off , does it wear evenly or on the inner edge of the tyre
Could be your tracking
Or somethings bent underneath like a wishbone
oJNAo
Premium Member

14th Nov 15 at 00:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are expensive but getting your alignment done by a Hunter X system is worth it, had barely any rubbing on my fronts and I believe mine is lower
Jason x
Premium Member

14th Nov 15 at 01:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gidged500 - both front tyres looked identical inner 25% worn more than the rest of the tyre, iirc tyres wore fine when I bought the car and it was standard

oJNAo - may be worth having a look into getting someone else to do the alignment, mostly small garages around me though so don't know if they'd have that.

No rubbing though as I said before
Generation

14th Nov 15 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You aren't getting full alignment done, simple as that.

Getting some backstreet garage to get there tracking tools out from 1985 isn't the same in your case
Jason x
Premium Member

14th Nov 15 at 13:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where would do a proper or full alignment then, I can only go where I can go
gidged500
Premium Member

15th Nov 15 at 10:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Generation is right , if you have coilovers fitted they have a camber adjusting section on the strut. Where the top bolt goes into the hub isn't circular it's oval
If you look at this picture you will see

When you put the bolt in and tighten it up it's very hard to guess the camber angle your going to get.

I've used awesome GTI in Manchester before and they set it up perfectly.

You need a place that has a laser tracking machine and can do camber

MWPerformance could do it there in Wales I think
Have a look on Facebook
Generation

15th Nov 15 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can go anywhere, just drive there..
--ToM--

15th Nov 15 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mwp are Chester
Jason x
Premium Member

15th Nov 15 at 15:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK thanks gidged500, will have to go out and see if there's anywhere local enough that can do it had a look of facebook and mwp are a little far away.

Indeed I can Generation but I'm not going to travel for hours to get my wheels aligned.

Yeah chester, bout 110 miles from me

<<  32    33    34    35    36    37    38  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Arden Blue Corsa B 1L (dead page 43) 24 database queries in 0.0315440 seconds