corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » How much did you borrow for your first mortgage?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How much did you borrow for your first mortgage?
James

User status: Offline
9th Jan 14 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

250k place. 225k borrowed. Repayments were £1250 per month. Since I re-mortgaged to a better rate the repayments are £960 per month.

I also agree that getting a longer term with overpayments is the best plan, then you can choose when you want to make a higher repayment instead of being forced to do it every month.
Robin
Premium Member

9th Jan 14 at 22:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Borrowed 62k
Carl

10th Jan 14 at 08:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

50k 4 years fixed at 5.99% over 25 year paying 321. 4 year has just finished so looking at moving mortgage now so taking on board the terms and over payment thing!
Paul_J

15th Jan 14 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£286k 1 bed flat in London (couple of miles from centre, balcony, secure underground parking and roof terrace)
Only bought 75% @ £215k price
Borrowed £129k

Mortgage £500 per month at 2.39% rate
Rent on other 25% £232 per month

Plan to never buy out the other 25% as shared ownership is pretty common in London as a way for people to get on the ladder (so won't effect resale value much) and it protects me against large rises in interest rates on the mortgage if the financial climate changes suddenly.

Plan is over pay mortgage in monthly and lump sum payments. Remortgage fixed rate again when fixed term ends and then eventually sell up and move out of London (e.g Bristol) where the money goes far further and have 100%

For comparison, my rent before this only 1 mile down the road in a shared house (so my room was only private space) I paid £830 per month - so better off by far and have my own place

[Edited on 15-01-2014 by Paul_J]

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll