corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Mortgage Questions

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mortgage Questions
James

User status: Offline
10th Feb 09 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have some questions about how jobs affect mortgage quotes.

I will ring up and check at some point but just wondering if anyone knows:

I've currently been in my job for 20 months. If I leave and get a new job on more money but I will only have been there for a few months when I get my mortgage, will this affect how much I can borrow?

Also do they take your employer into account? For example I work for a large investment bank, if I left and worked for a small city hedge fund, would this affect how much I can borrow?

Thanks.
myke

10th Feb 09 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think the employer would have any effect on any offers they made to you, but the duration in your current employment will have a bearing.

If you've just swapped companies and are still doing a similar role/same career then you should be OK, but they will be wary if you swap roles completely and follow a completely different career path. I think they will look for 12 months employment if you have completely swapped your job.

Saying that though, if you can change to get a much higher salary, then it's got to be worth it to be able to borrow the extra monies, right?
James

10th Feb 09 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh, it will be the same career path etc, just a different company.

Thanks
RichR
Premium Member

10th Feb 09 at 11:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You normally require three month's worth of payslips from the employer at the time that the mortgage is set-up. That said, I only had two months on my then payscale, as I'd come off probation and onto contract with a full wage. The mortgage lender got in touch with my employer and they had to fill in numerous forms with regards to my pay level and contract status etc as I couldn't proove three months.

I borrowed what I needed when I was only on
Kano

10th Feb 09 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just got a mortgage and I'd only been in my current job 2 months.. Its not a huge factor as long as you can prove its permanent.

New Poll