corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Moving home advice

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Moving home advice
Dan
Premium Member

User status: Offline
24th Jan 10 at 17:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Evening all.

Me and the missus are looking to move into our second home. At the min, we have a fixed mortgage on a 3 year deal, which ends 08/11. I know we would be subject to a fee if we repaid the mortgage, but i have heard halifax will let you move in that period.

Whats the score with borrowing more money? I expect to have around 15k in equity (100k mortgage on a 115k property) Although, alot of people have said i would get more than that.

If i was to say ask to borrow more money, say up my loan to 115-120k, which we can easily afford the repayments on, would they do it? or am i gonna need to put more money down etc?

I know i need to call them etc, but there shut and i thought id ask u clever lot in the meantime lol

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Colin

24th Jan 10 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There wont be an early settlement fee if you borrow more from them, whether you can borrow more will be subject to your personal circumstances.

a_j_mair

25th Jan 10 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you arent setteling just moving house, will only be early settlement if you are paying off the mortgage and taking out a new mortgage with new provider
Dan
Premium Member

25th Jan 10 at 12:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats ok then. Just hope i dont need to put any extra cash down to move, because that will be a problem lol.

t_benn_1

25th Jan 10 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats useful. we've bin waiting for the fixed term to end also next year. may start looking around now.

Dan
Premium Member

25th Jan 10 at 17:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

HOLY SHHMOLLLY

Just called halifax to see what they can do.

Basically, i can borrow as much as i like up to 190k and thats on 90% LTV (which is fucking good)

2 yrs ago when we bought first place, we just managed 105k mortgage, our finacials havent changed one bit, and we can now borrow 190k? lol, crazy

With regards to the already fixed mortgage, we carry on with that, and add a new lump onto it, with a different rate, which we would have to choose upon deciding what we want to spend.

Well happy

VegasPhil
Premium Member

26th Jan 10 at 23:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah you are just porting your existing product

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Colin

27th Jan 10 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Halifax offered me way more than anyone else but further into discussions it turned out we needed 25% deposit when we only had 20% max to lay down. 90% LTV has pretty much been unheard of for the past year or so. We must be coming out of recession right enough.
Dan
Premium Member

29th Jan 10 at 14:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea, he said do you bank withus, if so, we can do 10% LTV instead of 15%

New Poll