corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Bike Day 2014

New Poll
  <<  67    68    69    70    71    72    73  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bike Day 2014
Nic Barnes

User status: Offline
17th Oct 14 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dunno if im unfit, or just out of biking practise but im really struggling with the 36t on the front. my knee is actually sore today from trying to make it up hills.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

17th Oct 14 at 12:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyKent
Anyone commuting to work regularly?

Struggling for motivation due to it being generally freezing in the mornings. What are you wearing for warmth, particularly top half?

Just got to have the gear, I'm wearing a full long bib which has thermal properties, a long sleeve jersey, a scudd, thermal socks and a light or heavy rain jacket depending how wet it is. Not cold enough for gloves just yet.

Problem I'm having is I tend to sweat alot so my jersey is completely wet by the time I get to work (40 min ride) and makes me foooking cold. Not sure how to overcome this other than stop being such a sweaty bastard
smcGSI16V

17th Oct 14 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cole
heading off to the surrey hills on sunday should be ok weather down in the south

Same here. Be my third time in 4 weeks. Love it over there.
Cole

17th Oct 14 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Join-a-ride by any chance stu
smcGSI16V

17th Oct 14 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, either on my rod explore or booking up with a ride that will probably organised tomorrow on 'London Calling'
taylorboosh

17th Oct 14 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cole
don't get why you bought the 29er version when the 650b version would of been so much better

Fuck knows mate lol
Cole

17th Oct 14 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stu im up there with the guys who came up to swinley so we may cross each others paths
smcGSI16V

17th Oct 14 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wow my comment makes no sense.
Phone went dead after pressing post.

Will either go up on my tod for an explore or if a ride gets organised with some guys I know on 'London Calling', I will hook up with them.
However if nothing does happen, can I hook up you and your guys Nick. Had a look on join a ride but can't seen nought.

[Edited on 17-10-2014 by smcGSI16V]
Cole

17th Oct 14 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't have all the details of where or what time we are meeting yet mate as soon as I do I will try and get in touch if its anything like usual its all last minute as people tend to pull out
gavin18787
Premium Member

17th Oct 14 at 21:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is surrey hills a marked trail? Ie could someone like me who has never been find something to follow?

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Cole

18th Oct 14 at 06:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not marked but I guess there are so many up there its a case of just explore and enjoy but if you get atuck there is always someone who will let you tag along or give directions.

[Edited on 18-10-2014 by Cole]
smcGSI16V

18th Oct 14 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

4 hills, all done from Peaslake. Quite spread out.
You could ride it yourself easily exploring, but probably miss so much. Probably better tagging all with people a few times until you have some bearings. Very few trails are sign posted have a look on strava to see how far spread and how much there is.
I love it over there, wish I had started riding over there ages ago. You will love it Gavin as it has lots of hills to ride up!

[Edited on 18-10-2014 by smcGSI16V]
Cole

18th Oct 14 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh and the cheese straws washed down with a mug of tea from the peaslake village stores are lovely
nibnob21
Premium Member

18th Oct 14 at 12:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyKent
Anyone commuting to work regularly?

Struggling for motivation due to it being generally freezing in the mornings. What are you wearing for warmth, particularly top half?

I'm still commuting. I wear shorts all year round, a short sleeved cycling jersey and if the temp goes to single figures I chuck on a thin high vis jacket. Got a slightly thicker jacket for the days when it's actually freezing. I only have to go 4.5 miles though so I cane it in about 15 mins meaning I warm up quickly.

Also fao Willay, I got that cheap eBay bike maintenance stand you recommended. Great bit of kit for the money. I expected it to feel way more plasticy and flimsy but it seems pretty chunky and solid. Awesome value, cheers.

MX5 Project Thread
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

20th Oct 14 at 09:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that stand is unbelievable value, I'm using it almost every day when washing down the bike.
Nic Barnes

20th Oct 14 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Snapped a spoke ffs. Haven't done anything ridiculous on the bike. Snapped going up a climb.
ianofbhills

20th Oct 14 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Too much raw power.
cavmad

20th Oct 14 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2013 Trek 4500 Disc, stolen from Chester 16-17 October 2014. Reward offered for return of bike, it's an XL 21.5 inch frame and has some unique things. Have crime number and police aware, please message me if you see it anywhere, thanks.

trek 4500 aaa by Cavlover1, on Flickr

[Edited on 20-10-2014 by cavmad]

[Edited on 20-10-2014 by cavmad]
Cole

20th Oct 14 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

done my first spin class tonight what great fun that is didn't know what to expect but really enjoyed it
Nic Barnes

22nd Oct 14 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so begins the get to over 200,000ft of climbs done before the end of year challenge on the mountain bike. currently at 184,147ft done over 1261.3 miles. quite a way down from last years mileage on push bikes as i did about 2.5k on the road bike last year. managed about 50 miles so far this year........
Robin
Premium Member

26th Oct 14 at 22:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finally bought bikes today, been meaning to for about two years. Spent LOTS of money.

taylorboosh

27th Oct 14 at 06:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice
Dr Pepper

27th Oct 14 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
that stand is unbelievable value, I'm using it almost every day when washing down the bike.

can you link me up please - I need something cheap for maintenance and cleaning.
Cole

27th Oct 14 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fat bikes oppinions please I rode one yesterday in singlespeed form and was epic so much fun downhill even uphill well sort of as it tried to pull my legs off its just on-one are doing a full build for 799 at the moment and that's pretty damn cheap
nibnob21
Premium Member

27th Oct 14 at 20:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper
quote:
Originally posted by willay

can you link me up please - I need something cheap for maintenance and cleaning.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360789298882?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

MX5 Project Thread

<<  67    68    69    70    71    72    73  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Bike Day 2014 24 database queries in 0.1558158 seconds