corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Bike Day 2014

New Poll
  <<  66    67    68    69    70    71    72  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bike Day 2014
Cole

User status: Offline
2nd Oct 14 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fixed wheel ???
ianofbhills

2nd Oct 14 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yer, track bike so fixed wheel.
AndyKent

2nd Oct 14 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone commuting to work regularly?

Struggling for motivation due to it being generally freezing in the mornings. What are you wearing for warmth, particularly top half?
gavin18787
Premium Member

7th Oct 14 at 11:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im a commited commuter since I cancelled my carpark pass now its getting cooler I wear a base layer with a cycle jersey over the top. Does all but the coldest days. Can add a buff and thicker gloves as needed. Maybe a set of leg warmers for when it gets icy.

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
gavin18787
Premium Member

7th Oct 14 at 12:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Speaking of cold I did the 12 hour dusk til dawn endurance race at thetford forest. Bloody cold but came in 19th with over a good hunk over 100 miles clocked. Not bad for a course that was mostly single track.

Pics of the base camp

Once its about 2am colour matching goes put the window as long as its dry and warm it does
Minus fucking one though! Was 12 the night before :-/

[Edited on 07-10-2014 by gavin18787]

Nic Barnes

12th Oct 14 at 01:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

First mtb ride in about a month was great to get back out soaking wet and muddy! I'm really struggling with fitness which seems odd although I guess running does use different parts of the muscles? Was really slow and found it serious hard work up some of the climbs.
ianofbhills

12th Oct 14 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gavin18787
Speaking of cold I did the 12 hour dusk til dawn endurance race at thetford forest. Bloody cold but came in 19th with over a good hunk over 100 miles clocked. Not bad for a course that was mostly single track.

I rode at thetford forest today. Hats off to you for doing that distance at that place. It's so flat it's just constant hard work and the sandy surface doesn't help. I did 20 miles today on the recognised routes and quite frankly I'm goosed.
Mad Moe

13th Oct 14 at 07:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just been to Glentress for the weekend and have to say it is easily the best place I've been on my bike. Done the red route on Saturday followed by a combination of the Blue and Freeride Park on the Sunday. Hadn't quite realised how unfit I was, properly feel my age today! Would definitely go back though and recommend it to anyone who hasn't been.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

13th Oct 14 at 07:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did the new forest 100 (or 99.6 according to strava) yesterday, brilliant organised event and did it just under 7 hours moving time. First time i've done a century ride not looking forward to my legs falling off this week

http://www.strava.com/activities/206510569
gavin18787
Premium Member

13th Oct 14 at 12:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ianofbhills
quote:
Originally posted by gavin18787

I rode at thetford forest today. Hats off to you for doing that distance at that place. It's so flat it's just constant hard work and the sandy surface doesn't help. I did 20 miles today on the recognised routes and quite frankly I'm goosed.

Yer for somewhere so flat its brutal haha

Pop

14th Oct 14 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm looking for some advice on a road bike and I know quite a few of you have them.

My budget is around £1,000 - £1,300, which frankly doesn't really narrow things down much.

I'd like it to be carbon if possible. I know I'd get more for my money with a 2014 bike, but will be limited on size and availability etc. At 6'3" I'm at the larger end of the frame size scale. Cycle to Work is an option, but I'm not tied into it. If I do go down that route my options are Halfords and Evans Cycles.

I'm planning on using the bike for longer rides (hopefully around 100 miles max), so comfort will be important.

To get things started I quite like the look of this bike - Specialized Roubaix

What would you recommend? I'm open to suggestions and guidance as it's a bit of a minefield out there.
John

14th Oct 14 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With the cycle to work schemes, can any company sign up? Is there any hassle in signing up?
Cole

14th Oct 14 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pop look at the canyon road bikes the model endurance al is £1049 with ultegra 11spd carbon fork mavic askium wheelset bloody bargain that

http://www.canyon.com/_en/roadbikes/bike.html?b=3576#tab-reiter2
Pop

14th Oct 14 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
With the cycle to work schemes, can any company sign up? Is there any hassle in signing up?

I'm not sure what a company has to do to sign up to it, but it's in conjunction with the government. I wouldn't have thought it would be a major hassle for a company to sort out.
Pop

14th Oct 14 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cole - cheers for the link, it looks a lot of bike for the money
Cole

14th Oct 14 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

canyon generally are good value for money only draw back is you cant try before you buy with being based in Germany but that's no big problem I own a canyon mtb so does taylorboosh and smicgsi16v just do the size checker find the right size and order it. There is a canyon uk service centre at Kingston upon thames if you have issues so only just down the road from you
Rick Draper

14th Oct 14 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buy a Ribble or a Planet X IMHO.
jacko198

14th Oct 14 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pop
I'm looking for some advice on a road bike and I know quite a few of you have them.

My budget is around £1,000 - £1,300, which frankly doesn't really narrow things down much.

I'd like it to be carbon if possible. I know I'd get more for my money with a 2014 bike, but will be limited on size and availability etc. At 6'3" I'm at the larger end of the frame size scale. Cycle to Work is an option, but I'm not tied into it. If I do go down that route my options are Halfords and Evans Cycles.

I'm planning on using the bike for longer rides (hopefully around 100 miles max), so comfort will be important.

To get things started I quite like the look of this bike - Specialized Roubaix

What would you recommend? I'm open to suggestions and guidance as it's a bit of a minefield out there.

Try Dolan. We used to sell them in the bike shop
I used to work at. Great frames. And they make the bikes for the UK cCycling team. Great Bunch of guys too!

http://www.dolan-bikes.com/road/road-bikes.html
Chris C

16th Oct 14 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Off to afan forest tomorrow for the weekend, weather looks shocking lol
Rick Draper

16th Oct 14 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Chris C
Off to afan forest tomorrow for the weekend, weather looks shocking lol

I'm meant to be off up Snowdon on Sunday
Nic Barnes

16th Oct 14 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm at a wedding this weekend then full on mtb attack for as many rides out as I can fit in before the end of the year
Cole

16th Oct 14 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

heading off to the surrey hills on sunday should be ok weather down in the south
Chris C

16th Oct 14 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
I'm at a wedding this weekend then full on mtb attack for as many rides out as I can fit in before the end of the year

This will be my last ride for a while, my fox forks need the crown steerer replacing by mojo and while they're off I'm going to send the bike to orange for a repaint, just need to choose a colour !
taylorboosh

16th Oct 14 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My canyon is a lovely bike but ffs i wish i didnt buy a 29er - its so fucking long

Try before you buy if poss
Cole

16th Oct 14 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

don't get why you bought the 29er version when the 650b version would of been so much better

<<  66    67    68    69    70    71    72  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Bike Day 2014 24 database queries in 0.1095660 seconds