corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Bitcoin

New Poll
  <<  13    14    15    16    17    18    19  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bitcoin
Brett
Premium Member

User status: Offline
25th Dec 13 at 20:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doge has gone to the moon iirc
Brett
Premium Member

25th Dec 13 at 23:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am a complete fucking idiot. After all my preaching about having offline wallets, I just left my nest-egg of 35k Doge sat in dogewallet.com without a care in the world The site's been hacked today and cleared out! Merry fucking christmas

[Edited on 25-12-2013 by Brett]
Russ

26th Dec 13 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh. how much is 35k
Brett
Premium Member

26th Dec 13 at 10:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not much at all, but still a choker.

I guess I thought with it being new and not worth that much that this wouldn't happen. I had every intention of moving it lol

Hacker got away with around 30m supposedly, roughly $12-13k.
Brett
Premium Member

26th Dec 13 at 11:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Worst bit is, the site owner is refunding investors first, bit backwards imo. There's a lot of upset people on Reddit. This'll probably ruin all faith in the currency anyway, however this has happened to Bitcoin, but obviously Doge is no Bitcoin.
Dan
Premium Member

27th Dec 13 at 07:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just made an offer for 20k doge. Need to have some of each coin!

Can anyone talk me through paper wallets for litecoins. Think I'm going to do that with mine. Incase of hacks etc. is there ain't risk other than losing the paper?

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Bart

27th Dec 13 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
I am a complete fucking idiot. After all my preaching about having offline wallets, I just left my nest-egg of 35k Doge sat in dogewallet.com without a care in the world The site's been hacked today and cleared out! Merry fucking christmas

The site hasn't been hacked and "cleared out", the way I understood it, they didn't steal money from anyone's wallet per say, they just redirected a large number of transactions to go into their wallets instead of the intended receiptant.

I have checked my Dogewallet and it appears fine. Have yours been cleared?

[Edited on 27-12-2013 by Bart]
Gary
Premium Member

27th Dec 13 at 12:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan

Can anyone talk me through paper wallets for litecoins. Think I'm going to do that with mine. Incase of hacks etc. is there ain't risk other than losing the paper?

Just back it up onto a mem stick or something. Thats what ive done.
Richie

27th Dec 13 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bart
quote:
Originally posted by Brett

The site hasn't been hacked and "cleared out", the way I understood it, they didn't steal money from anyone's wallet per say, they just redirected a large number of transactions to go into their wallets instead of the intended receiptant.

I have checked my Dogewallet and it appears fine. Have yours been cleared?

[Edited on 27-12-2013 by Bart]

As Bart said it was a man in the middle attack where if you issued transfers then it would have gone to a static wallet ID elsewhere rather than the one you specified.

Brett
Premium Member

27th Dec 13 at 15:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Site's been down since Christmas day so how did you check?

Yes they diverted payments but then also went through wallet by wallet transferring funds.

Have you actually checked your addresses on the blockchain? Mine are empty as are most other peoples.
Brett
Premium Member

27th Dec 13 at 15:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan

An offer? 20k is like a tenner. How much is it for sale for? I've seen 50k for £20.

No need to go as extreme as paper wallet probably. Just stick it on a usb drive and keep it safe somewhere.

[Edited on 27-12-2013 by Brett]
Dan
Premium Member

27th Dec 13 at 17:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Offered a 10er for 20k on eBay. I cba buying btc then converting to doge.

Got declined and now asking 17!

Brett
Premium Member

27th Dec 13 at 18:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Appear on ebay really cheap now and then, just need to keep an eye on it. For now this ain't bad http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221340694196
Dan
Premium Member

27th Dec 13 at 19:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's who I just bought some from lol

Is dogecoin.com the correct wallet?

One thing with these wallets, if I don't use the laptop online, other than the times I send/receive, can I still get hacked while its offline?

Brett
Premium Member

27th Dec 13 at 23:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, that's where you'd download the client.

Generally, keeping it on your personal computer you're fine anyway, assuming you're not a numpty and let your PC get compromised. To be safe you could encrypt your wallet with something like TrueCrypt maybe or some other encryption tool. Wouldn't do any harm to have a backup mind.

In your case, assuming you're just sitting on your coins hoping for a return in the future, I'd just move the wallet.dat onto a USB stick and put it safe till the time comes. Use FileShredder on the original file on your HDD if you're that worried.

[Edited on 28-12-2013 by Brett]
Toby
Premium Member

28th Dec 13 at 22:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can somebody shed any light for me??

I bought one coin about a year ago to get access to a website, knew nothing about them other than it was the only payment accepted and it cost abput £12......

Anyway today after seeing this thread i checked my acount and its indicating that my half coin is worth £185.

Is this accurate? Can i sell it? If so, how?

[Edited on 28-12-2013 by Toby]
Gary
Premium Member

28th Dec 13 at 22:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't sell it. It'll be worth double that when the market sorts it's life out again.
Toby
Premium Member

28th Dec 13 at 23:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats the time frame for that?

How would you sell it?

Tbh I am going to make 20 x my original investment so not really bothered about shifting it on now as digging a little deeper it cost me £8 and my wallet is worth over £200

[Edited on 28-12-2013 by Toby]
Gary
Premium Member

29th Dec 13 at 00:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ill buy it, u2u En route
Dan
Premium Member

29th Dec 13 at 08:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If Gary doesn't have it let me know.

Toby
Premium Member

29th Dec 13 at 08:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After dong some reading up on it and speaking to one of my mates, I think I'm going to keep what I have left and possibly look into trading other currency shortly to try and catch the next boom. I sold 0.1 to my mate for £50 last night so he can get started and get trading. It's suggesting that the .4 left closed at £190 so I'm happy.
Dan
Premium Member

29th Dec 13 at 09:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What wallet do you have it in? I assume you mean a bit coin?

Trading nmc/ppc could be worthwhile on btc-e. Ive noticed every few days theres a sudden massive surge in price, which then gradually drops. With a decent investment, you could make a few quid I think.

andys sxi
Premium Member

29th Dec 13 at 10:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What is this people are going on about?

April 08 feature car
Toby
Premium Member

29th Dec 13 at 11:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got it with bit locker I think and yes a bitcoin. Really wish I bought more now at £8-10 a pop!
Dan
Premium Member

29th Dec 13 at 13:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't we all lol. I heard about them all that time ago and assumed it was some geek game shit lol

I'm tempted to buy an ASIC USB miner at 65 quid. Does 2gh/s. Could mine a few alt coins for profit

<<  13    14    15    16    17    18    19  >>

New Poll