corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Bitcoin

New Poll
  <<  14    15    16    17    18    19    20  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bitcoin
Toby
Premium Member

User status: Offline
29th Dec 13 at 14:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im still not that clued up about them. So dont really know how mining works though i am aware of what it is.

I bought mine on the off chance to access as NZB website. They must have been very aware of what was going to happen to accept that as payment!!
Dom

29th Dec 13 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan
I'm tempted to buy an ASIC USB miner at 65 quid. Does 2gh/s. Could mine a few alt coins for profit

You sure that's a AISC miner for £65? Or do you mean, FPGA?

And i didn't think there were any AISC miners for other crypto's apart from (currently) Bitcoin?
Bart

29th Dec 13 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
Site's been down since Christmas day so how did you check?

Yes they diverted payments but then also went through wallet by wallet transferring funds.

Have you actually checked your addresses on the blockchain? Mine are empty as are most other peoples.

Im pretty sure the client I am using (QT) is an offline client, therefore the coins are stored locally on my PC and not the online wallet?

correct me if im wrong though, as im still very new to this myself.
Brett
Premium Member

29th Dec 13 at 17:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Toby
They must have been very aware of what was going to happen to accept that as payment!!

Not really. It was probably used for the same reason Silk Road used it, because it's anonymous. It only blew up like this because of the media attention after Silk Road imo. Rest of the cryptos are just riding the bitcoin wave.
quote:
Originally posted by Bart
Im pretty sure the client I am using (QT) is an offline client, therefore the coins are stored locally on my PC and not the online wallet?

correct me if im wrong though, as im still very new to this myself.

Yeah, kinda thought you didn't know what we're talking about.

Coins aren't stored locally either, your private key is
Dan
Premium Member

29th Dec 13 at 18:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
Originally posted by Dan
I'm tempted to buy an ASIC USB miner at 65 quid. Does 2gh/s. Could mine a few alt coins for profit

You sure that's a AISC miner for £65? Or do you mean, FPGA?

And i didn't think there were any AISC miners for other crypto's apart from (currently) Bitcoin?

Yea defo asic.

Theres bitcoin, but also a few clones like ppc and others that are on the same.

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Brett
Premium Member

29th Dec 13 at 23:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Now I know these kind of things are annoying BS in general, but I've just made 5k Doge in 10mins so may as well share the wealth...

http://www.earncrypto.com/index.php

Putting it simply you can earn most kinds of crypto for completing surveys, installing apps, whatever. Obviously I've gone for Dogecoin lol

It's 1250 Doge per 1000 points earned. I earned around 2000 points simply by choosing the Supersonic ads where all you have to do is download an install an app, easy! Then I earned another 2k points by simply putting bullshit info in one of the Matomy offers (some dating website).

You now have 4k points which is 5k Doge to forward to whatever address Easy.
Bart

30th Dec 13 at 07:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure I want to download and install malware or something that's gonna pump my system full of ads.

You can buy an AISC miner for less than £40 on eBay and stack them up
Dan
Premium Member

30th Dec 13 at 09:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are only 330mh/s, the new ones coming are 1.6ghs

They are slightly more money though

Brett
Premium Member

30th Dec 13 at 10:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bart
Not sure I want to download and install malware or something that's gonna pump my system full of ads.

You can buy an AISC miner for less than £40 on eBay and stack them up

Oh look, another insightful comment from Bart

You're absolutely right tho Bart, you should probably leave well alone.

[Edited on 30-12-2013 by Brett]
Bart

30th Dec 13 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely downloading such software is a common sense thing not to do?

Fine if you want to riddle your PC...
Brett
Premium Member

30th Dec 13 at 11:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't say anything about installing stuff on PCs. Excuse me for thinking I'm talking with competent individuals here. Forget it lol

[Edited on 30-12-2013 by Brett]
Dan
Premium Member

30th Dec 13 at 12:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That sandboxie is probably a good option if u go down that route.

Ive earned 2k doge from it now lol.

Dom

30th Dec 13 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I didn't say anything about installing stuff on PCs.

quote:
...where all you have to do is download an install an app, easy!

Dan - Any more info or links to these ASIC units?

[Edited on 30-12-2013 by Dom]
Balling
Premium Member

30th Dec 13 at 13:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think Brett is possibly on about smartphone apps, which don't tend to be malware ridden!?

Dan
Premium Member

30th Dec 13 at 13:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im confused.

On ebay, there is a 3000gh/s mining contract for sale at 375 for 72 hours. That would average 3.6 coins, that's 2100 dollars worth.

Seems too easy to pay 375 and return around 1500...??

Dan
Premium Member

30th Dec 13 at 13:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahh, now I see the issue, Contracts begin march 2014...

That would be why its cheap

Dom

30th Dec 13 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
I think Brett is possibly on about smartphone apps, which don't tend to be malware ridden!?

Smartphones aren't completely safe but perhaps Brett should have been a bit clearer instead of going off on one like an angry teenager
Brett
Premium Member

30th Dec 13 at 13:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't really did I Dom? It's always the same comment from you. Gave you a chance to google a hilarious gif anyway. App by definition generally refers to mobile apps, ie ipad, ie downloaded from the app store, ie not ridden with malware. Just seems Bart keeps calling me out on things when he lacks any real understanding aboit anything.

At least Dan's sorted anyway, didn't need any hand holding.
Dom

30th Dec 13 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I didn't really did I Dom? It's always the same comment from you. Gave you a chance to google a hilarious gif anyway. App by definition generally refers to mobile apps, ie ipad, ie downloaded from the app store, ie not ridden with malware. Just seems Bart keeps calling me out on things when he lacks any real understanding aboit anything.

"..always the same comment from you"...WTF? I've said fuck all to you

Clearly you've woken up on the wrong side or need a wank; either way, stop being a grumpy cunt Brett
Russ

30th Dec 13 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does somebody want me to tug them off
Brett
Premium Member

30th Dec 13 at 16:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm genuinely baffled what you're on about Dom, just feels like you're trying hard to push buttons over here..? With regard to the first comment, you've said similar to me before when all I'm doing is responding to comments nothing more.

All I did was try and show people how to get some free coins and as per people have to moan and pick away. If you're too silly or computer illiterate to earn the free coins without getting stung then you shouldn't be jumping on the cryptowagon tbh.
Bart

30th Dec 13 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
Does somebody want me to tug them off

You can do me after Brett

Dan, how far away are these units? What sort of price are they likely to be.
I'm still considering an AISC miner for the price against using my current graphics card.

[Edited on 30-12-2013 by Bart]
Dan
Premium Member

30th Dec 13 at 17:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ASIC, tbh, is ok for alt coins, but for bitcoin, pointless is a major understatement. You need 3000gh/s to pull 1.2 btc a day..

With 2000kh/s scrypt mining you can pull a nice amount of coins, but the value is too low to cover costs, unless prices rise.

At the moment, I cant see the point in any mining at all, unless u are already set up.

Dan
Premium Member

30th Dec 13 at 17:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For example:

first ebay rig I find is a 2550kh/s unit at £2300.

2550kh/s will mine 70k dogecoin, valued at $35 dollars. At current rates, it would take 23 days to convert them into 1 bitcoin.

to pay for your equipment and power, you will need 5 bitcoins if not more. 5 lots of 22 days and youre talking 110 days (but don't forget difficulty increases, probably making this nearer 200 days).

So your 2300 investment would only pay for itself after 200 days. then you would start seeing cheap coins, at probably 1 bitcoin (£500ish) every 70-90 days.

Cant see the point. However, if doge, or something turned to even half a dollar one day. You could be a millionaire for your investment in little time.

Bart

30th Dec 13 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm currently mining lite coins and dogecoins, like you say pointless trying for BC.

I'm keeping hold of a few various coins, not looking to make any quick money.
If the value jumps that's great, if not then so be it.
I don't mind throwing £40 at an ASIC miner but wouldn't wanna throw a onner at it

<<  14    15    16    17    18    19    20  >>

New Poll