corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Scotland

New Poll
  <<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Scotland
rustyarchs

User status: Offline
18th Feb 14 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stuartmitchell
The latest currency thing is embarrasing.

It's like saying, mum and dad, i'm moving out, going it alone, I want to be my own man, I dont need you anymore.

Then asking your mum to come over and make your tea

if i had a 10% share in my parents and there house id be wanting my washing done to tbh
Colin

18th Feb 14 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Baskey
Ok say Scotland get the oil, if the Shetlands vote for independence from Scotland will all the oil become there's ?

Shetland doesn't have any oil rights there just a pumping storage and offloading terminal, same as kinneil and Cat's terminal
neil h

18th Feb 14 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Quite happy for you all to come up and try to take it forcefully.

Oh I would love to see how that'd pan out
Colin

18th Feb 14 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Noooo the plastic patio chairs would be ruined
stuartmitchell

19th Feb 14 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by rustyarchs
quote:

It's like saying, mum and dad, i'm moving out, going it alone, I want to be my own man, I dont need you anymore.

if i had a 10% share in my parents and there house id be wanting my washing done to tbh

Yes but in this instance your parents dont want you to move out
rustyarchs

19th Feb 14 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Yes but in this instance your parents dont want you to move out

But i want to go as I'm fed up of them dipping my wages
rustyarchs

19th Feb 14 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As the post 2014 Scotland economy live at Holyrood has just finished who all watched it and wants a debate as some interesting points were covered
Steve
Premium Member

27th Feb 14 at 07:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh dear

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-26362321
alan-g-w

27th Feb 14 at 08:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lloyds TSB have been making the same noises. If he loses the banks that's when he'll really be fucked
big eck

27th Feb 14 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stupid idea all this anyways. Its the UNITED KINGDOM and should stay that way.
Ben G

27th Feb 14 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck that. You take your Land and you fuck off back to the iron age.
rustyarchs

27th Feb 14 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol usual BBC tosh i see says they will leave a few times then finally write 3 quarters of the way down IF there's no monetary union and when the full statement is read they actually say they have no plans to move but if things go tits up as a contingency then there offski but of course that's the case as is the fact there's been many England based business that's looked into moving to Scotland if it becomes more competitive. that's business ,

Turn over to politics right now on bbc2 Scotland and you will see this is all getting covered ! Johann Lamont has just had her ass skelped by the speaker lol
rustyarchs

27th Feb 14 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh this is interesting... last week Standard Life Investments in a joint deal paid 75m for an Edinburgh city centre site.

David Stewart, fund manager of Standard Life Investments Pooled Property Fund, said: “This development is a terrific opportunity to capitalise on the current constrained supply and improving occupier demand within Edinburgh.

“The property is in an absolutely prime location and we will be creating a first class long term investment for our investors.”

http://www.business7.co.uk/business-news/property/2014/02/17/standard-life-investments-agrees-75m-deal-for-edinburgh-city-centre-development-site-106408-24051672/

now to say long term investment in my mind would have meant more than 10 days lol
big eck

27th Feb 14 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G

You take yourself and jump off a fuckin cliff
alan-g-w

27th Feb 14 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's all very well with you rose tinted SNP glasses on but the reality is that businesses cannot just 'wait and see' what's going to happen with something as important as money. How do you think their British customers would feel about their business being conducted in a newly independent Scotland?

On the 'long term' investment side of things, how do we know 75m wasn't a good deal for that building/ piece of land, it could be sold in a year's time for half of that price again? The long term speak is just about making a good looking statement to investors. Apart from this, who says they would need to sell the land/ building after moving out?

I like your passion and respect your views on the matter but the bottom line is that businesses cannot put their finances up in the air like Salmond is suggesting they do.
Ojc

27th Feb 14 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love the fact we are completely putting a stop to this
John

27th Feb 14 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's the worrying bit.

Salmond uses the term bullying into submission, which wouldn't happen. It would go the opposite way out of spite, which obviously isn't a good basis to make a decision.
Ben G

27th Feb 14 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
quote:
Originally posted by Ben G

You take yourself and jump off a fuckin cliff

Scottish or English cliffs?
John

27th Feb 14 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cliff Richard.
Ben G

27th Feb 14 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rustyarchs

27th Feb 14 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here we go again with the SNP digs lol dude do you actually read what i write iv said before il happily vote Salmond out after indy?

as for your "how do you think British customers would feel about their business being conducted in a newly independent Scotland" note standard life said said Our key priority is to continue serving the needs of our 4 million UK customers, wherever they reside and regardless of any constitutional change. now. now as iv already said that basically means IF there's no monetary union there making back up plans

in fact here's the full statement

27 February 2014
Scottish referendum

On 18 September 2014 a referendum will be held to decide whether Scotland should become an independent country. In recent months some of our customers have been in touch with us to ask what impact this would have on their savings and investments with Standard Life.

Our key priority is to continue serving the needs of our 4 million UK customers, wherever they reside and regardless of any constitutional change. The same applies to our customers in other parts of the world.

As a business we have a long-standing policy of strict political neutrality and at no time will we advise people on how they should vote, but we have a duty and a responsibility to understand the implications of independence for our customers and other stakeholders and to take whatever action may be necessary to protect their interests.

In view of the uncertainty that is likely to remain around this issue, there are steps that we can and will take now based on our own analysis. For example, we have started work to establish additional registered companies to operate outside Scotland, into which we could transfer parts of our operations if it was necessary to do so. This is a purely precautionary measure, and customers do not need to take any action. We are simply putting in place a mechanism which, in the event of constitutional change, allows us to provide continuity to customers and to continue serving them, wherever they live in the UK

As for the long term and your opinion that they may sell in a year, the indy vote is in 7 months but besides that did you even read the article i quoted?? "Work on the development is expected to begin immediately and is expected to complete in 2016" and as for your "Apart from this, who says they would need to sell the land/ building after moving out?"- if they thought business was going to be bad enough to force them out and others out out then why on earth would they hold on property in an area of decline. stop listening to the media dude its mostly shite out of context

Dom

27th Feb 14 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
stop listening to the media dude its mostly shite out of context...

Next you'll be telling us your not biased at all Rusty and what you write doesn't read like a copy pasta of Salmond's own notes
stuartmitchell

27th Feb 14 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
I love the fact we are completely putting a stop to this

So do I, keep up the good work
rustyarchs

27th Feb 14 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
stop listening to the media dude its mostly shite out of context...

Next you'll be telling us your not biased at all Rusty and what you write doesn't read like a copy pasta of Salmond's own notes

na buddy il admit i want indy I want it really bad and il argue the case for it especially when the argument against it has more holes than a pack of Tetley's! and what can I say if Salmond and I happen to agree on whats logical and the facts support it then of course they will
alan-g-w

27th Feb 14 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As I've said before, it's the SNP who are pushing for this separation so it's the SNP I'll refer to when making those sort of points. None of my last reply came from any sort of media outlet, that's just my personal opinion on the matter. I'm not up on company finances or accounts but I could imagine that a Scottish business trying to do a financial forecast for next year are having a cunt of a time just now and just want this over and done with, in my opinion.

I can see him pushing devo max very soon, he must know himself that the independence campaign has ran out of steam. I'll say it again, the fact that I don't know what sort of money, or the worth of money I'll have in my wallet next year is what makes independence fucking ludicrous. Salmond's tact from day one has been a pitbull mentality towards Westminster since he knows a reasonable argument without it won't fire up the Nationalists who, at the end of the day, just want to get it right up those bastards down South, no matter what the cost may be.

I worked with a guy who was a hardcore nationalist, canvasser for them and everything. When I put questions to him about the need to set up embassies across the world, set up a military and defences, sort out a benefits system etc. he told me it was nothing to do with him so he doesn't care. Frozen council tax, free prescriptions and the ability to atone for the 300yr old feeling of injustice towards the English is all he seemed to care about. His wife and most of his family were of the same opinion. This is the only type of person I see voting for independence, honestly.

<<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Scotland 22 database queries in 0.1915760 seconds