corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Scotland

New Poll
  <<  7    8    9    10    11    12    13  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Scotland
Pop

User status: Offline
27th Feb 14 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Root

27th Feb 14 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well Im in England.

I think if Scotland goes it will be a bad thing for them and for us. Our "empire" is slowly withering away and one day, one of our old enemies will have a pop at us, not good. Plus they have shit loads of oil, we don't
alan-g-w

28th Feb 14 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by rustyarchs
quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
If that's your attitude concerning which team I support I'm not going to keep this up, typical smoke and mirrors nationalist bullshit. It can't possibly be that I disagree with the ins and outs of independence, it's that I'm biased due to something that has nothing to do with politics and don't know any better. Sheer arrogance.

ok it's no loss you seem to think its ok for you to have an opinion based without facts but not for a nationalist

No? I base my opinion on facts, just because I'm not googling percentages isn't an indication of my knowledge. I've admitted I'm not up on every single little detail but if someone produces stone wall facts I'll listen to them, no matter what side it comes from. The reasons you listed for Scotland becoming independent sound like a carbon copy of Salmond's white paper, which has been widely regarded as farcical by people much smarter than you or I.

Also, I refer to you being an SNP supporter because, surprise surprise, you support the SNP. I don't care if you want to vote Salmond out at the next earliest opportunity, even though this is backwards thinking - why would you want to vote out the one party who agree with your cause, yet vote in a party who were against it? Then newly elected independent Scottish Labour would probably be taking all their direction from Westminster anyway. The fact that you're supporting the SNP in their cause makes you an SNP supporter. Me, supporting Rangers, does not automatically make me a Unionist. My opinion of you is one of fact, yours of me is one of prejudice.
rustyarchs

28th Feb 14 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

really i must have missed these facts you are based on! i seen plenty of what ifs and conjecture, every little detail would be fine but i do believe your more along the lines of gaping great holes of course a lot of reasons i will say are going to sound like Salmonds just like i can say your voicing the same fears Darling has been spouting and again they have been shot down by people a lot smarter than you

I'm a nationalist and right now the SNP are the team that's trying to get the job done for all nationalists be they Labour or Conservative backers or do you think we should just sit down and not vote for a long term goal and shoot ourselves on the foot? how naive is that! I want Scotland to be able to vote in who she wants and the only way of doing that is with independence and after indy we can vote Salmond out and get in who we want not be governed not by a conservative party we never voted in you might of heard of this concept -Democracy , now this has been covered before and again you missed it because you fail to listen to any point that is not harmonious with your own beliefs so my opinion of you seems bang on.
John

28th Feb 14 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What parts of what the Conservatives are doing don't you like?

It's very naive to expect anything in respect of the government from what we have just now as part of the UK.

They'll just all be Scottish, untrustworthy liars instead of just untrustworthy liars.
rustyarchs

28th Feb 14 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This would be some list so il just put the main one- The Austerity program they cut to deep and cut the wrong things which slowed down the recovery, i don't agree with ring fencing a foreign aid budget when most of the ones important to home got slashed for a start

Not at all naive as at least its Scottish liars we will be able to vote out as we have 100% of the vote if they don't do whats best for Scotland unlike the current system where they can do whatever they want and not give a dam about our little 8% voting power

alan-g-w

28th Feb 14 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is the bottom line, away from all the drama and bluster the Nationalists spout. It's very rare that you get a good politician, it's usually a case of choosing the best of a bad bunch. Thinking independence will bring any sort of miracle is plain naive.

Again, just because I don't quote facts and figures doesn't mean I know fuck all. I've read a paper nearly every day for the last 3 years so, as admitted twice now, I don't know the most but I know enough to know I don't want independence.

[Edited on 28-02-2014 by alan-g-w]
sc0ott

28th Feb 14 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Scotland becomes independant.
Gets all the oil.
Becomes the next UAE.
Brilliant weather comes.
Win.
John

28th Feb 14 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's the sort of thing I'd expect Salmond to come out with.
rustyarchs

28th Feb 14 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i agree i don't trust them as iv previously stated BUT il have more faith a party that can be held accountable over one that can do whatever it wishes against us knowing we cant do a thing! common sense really any other train of thought is very naive!

Your entitled to your opinion whatever it is based on, I'm that much of a politics geek that right now I'm watching daily politics on BBC2 whilst I work as i do most days before turning it over to BBC parliament and hopeing for some punch and judy ...sad I know
Rick Draper

6th Sep 14 at 23:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not long now! Its going to be very very close.
Ben G

7th Sep 14 at 07:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shame. I was hoping for a landslide victory for 'Yes'.
John

7th Sep 14 at 08:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You've still never told us who you are voting for Rick?
rustyarchs

7th Sep 14 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

been a while since this thread was active I thought it had ran out of steam!.
Hammer

7th Sep 14 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This thread mirrors real life, no one gave a fuck until it became apparent it's on the edge of a knife.
Theham85

8th Sep 14 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

'NO'..........its absolutely ridiculous
ShEp

8th Sep 14 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As much as I don't like Salmond, he has delivered on a lot of promises he made...

Keeping prescriptions free, free healthcare (so far) the independence vote...

baza31

8th Sep 14 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Am not arsed either way what happens . I most likely should but far too much other things to worry about . Has William Wallace prepared his men yet?
John

8th Sep 14 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He's also not given a straight answer to anything he's asked thoughout, just like any other politician. A load of Scottish bullshiters is exactly the same as a load of English bullshitters.
Theham85

8th Sep 14 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He is a fantasist and a dreamer........just look at what has happened to the stock market and the value of the pound today since the 'Yes' Vote took the lead in the latest poll! The country will be completely fucked all for the sake of patriotism! Oh and the evil tories that can be voted out, we can't just have a vote in 3 years to join the UK!1
GB123
Premium Member

8th Sep 14 at 20:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Theham85
Oh and the evil tories that can be voted out, we can't just have a vote in 3 years to join the UK!1

What?
cunningham

8th Sep 14 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Voting Yes.

I was a no but only down to my own selfish ways with my job ie defense and same with the Mrs. I think times will be hard for the next 10 years if we go independent but for me its worth it
Chrissy
Premium Member

8th Sep 14 at 23:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cunningham
Voting Yes.

I was a no but only down to my own selfish ways with my job ie defense and same with the Mrs. I think times will be hard for the next 10 years if we go independent but for me its worth it

Why?

>>>> Chris <<<<

cunningham

9th Sep 14 at 00:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why? for what the yes vote or the hard times?
John

9th Sep 14 at 06:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wouldn't be considering yes if I worked in defence. You'll be back to forging swords and being paid in goats.

<<  7    8    9    10    11    12    13  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Scotland 23 database queries in 0.0187740 seconds