corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Scotland

New Poll
  <<  6    7    8    9    10    11    12  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Scotland
stuartmitchell

User status: Offline
27th Feb 14 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^ Spot on. hating the English is not a good enough reason for wanting al lthis hassle. It reeks of chopping off your nose to spite your face!
rustyarchs

27th Feb 14 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And as iv said before i have nothing to do with the SNP so stop saying shite! ram your SNP specs!

He wont push for devo max as there has been no solid statements given on any extra powers and last time there was a referendum that the majority voted for yet we lost there was a cash grab from Westminster so he knows not to trust again!

To generalize like that is laughable I'm voteing for independence and i know of many like me who if you ask those questions to will give you answers based on facts! i will admit there is some numpties who want to vote because of the Braveheart effect yes but there is many more numpties who will vote no because of a certain Glasgow football club... in fact iv just noticed your from Glasgow so mind if i ask do you like football and if so what team do you support?

[Edited on 27-02-2014 by rustyarchs]
Robbo

27th Feb 14 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i personally disagree with devolution full stop (London is the capital of the UK, if you dont like what they are doing then do something about it not say actually you can do what you like), devo max is an absolute joke... if you truly want that then it should only be achieved by beign a seperate sovereign nation. IMO
rustyarchs

27th Feb 14 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stuartmitchell
^^ Spot on. hating the English is not a good enough reason for wanting al lthis hassle. It reeks of chopping off your nose to spite your face!

tbf Stuart there's more of an anti Scottish thing going on than an anti English one christ Facebook is full of angry buggers that hate us and there's a few on here with there shitty digs (a minority easily ignored as they spraf shite most are cool)
John

27th Feb 14 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't really like football but fall under the Celtic camp, still voting no.
alan-g-w

27th Feb 14 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's quite funny how you're reverting to Salmond's tactics of getting annoyed and angry now and dodging the big issues. I've made no secret of being a Rangers fan on here but if you're going to try and claim that's the reason behind my opinions you've lost any respect I had for you.

Tell me how Scotland will be a better country under independence in layman's terms? Not half promises, half truths or optimism, concrete evidence. If the leader of the separatist party can't, I don't see you having much chance.
rustyarchs

27th Feb 14 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah it does annoy me that you keep harping on abpout the SNP when iv told you numerous time i have nothing to do with them and i would vote Salmond out, ah your a ranger's fan that answered why over the last few pages you hadn't gave any facts on our arguments and instead it was all opinion based

tell you how? will i just quote my previous reply's on the economy our GDP on our lower unemployment, maybe some of my previous statment's about being energy rich about our cash subsidies! about being able to control our own finances and our own rules cos mate if you missed all that and i think I started on page 2 then what hope should I have that you will read it now?

Why dont you try and convince me that we will be better off staying with the UK but christ i think Im still waiting for a concrete reply from you on the changes of the barnett formula and the 4billion pound of cuts expected to hit Scotland if we don't get indy... i wont be back on for a few hours after 3 so gives you plenty of time
John

27th Feb 14 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
I don't really like football but fall under the Celtic camp, still voting no.
rustyarchs

27th Feb 14 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry john i wasn't asking you

for the record im a rugby fan
John

27th Feb 14 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know you weren't asking me but my views are pretty close to Alan's.

Are there enough Sevco fans who will vote no to even out the amount of those who will vote yes because of the feigned patriotism?
alan-g-w

27th Feb 14 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If that's your attitude concerning which team I support I'm not going to keep this up, typical smoke and mirrors nationalist bullshit. It can't possibly be that I disagree with the ins and outs of independence, it's that I'm biased due to something that has nothing to do with politics and don't know any better. Sheer arrogance.
Dom

27th Feb 14 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by rustyarchs
if i had a 10% share in my parents and there house id be wanting my washing done to tbh

In the minority with an 8.*% share (no idea where you keep getting 10% from), wants an equal share in input.....seems completely logical to me
cpcrampton

27th Feb 14 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am not being funny here and I do not wish to offend anyone and nor am I attacking anyone on here but is it me or are the majority of the minority yes voters all scumbags that won’t even be arsed to go out and vote ?

The whole thing is a farce , Standard life pulling out if it goes ahead as the whole thing is a complete gamble, with no financial structure and if a bank cannot survive with that then I am pretty sure a country cant either.

I found the whole thing a big joke to start out with but now it’s just taken it too far, Well done Alex S you have proved what a great MP you are, now go do something useful with your time and stop clogging up the media stream with your shite.
John

27th Feb 14 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The yes voters not bothering is fine, I'm more worries about the no voters not bothering. There should be a minimum percentage of the population which has to vote but I don't think there is here.
cpcrampton

27th Feb 14 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I will be voting by post as i am away getting married in September
Pop

27th Feb 14 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rustyarchs - you know which side of the fence I sit on, as being in England we would be worse off at the moment without Scotland in the UK, that's a fact.

I'm still to be convinced that Scotland will be better off independent though. In my opinion what doesn't help is Salmond and Sturgeon being the main face of it on the Scottish side. Don't get me wrong there are plenty of people that don't like those in Westminster, I just feel it would be an easier sell to the Scottish if they weren't fronting it.

I was reading an interesting article on the Telegraph website today - Click for Telegraph article

I acknowledge that there is bias and scaremongering in there; however, much of what is covered off could become reality and I don't think that can be ignored.

quote:
Originally posted by rustyarchsWill i just quote my previous reply's on the economy our GDP on our lower unemployment, maybe some of my previous statment's about being energy rich about our cash subsidies! about being able to control our own finances and our own rules cos mate if you missed all that and i think I started on page 2 then what hope should I have that you will read it now?

Everything hinges on what will happen with the currency. Is it in the UK's best interests to have a money union - yes. Is it guaranteed - no.

At the moment Scotland is energy rich, that is a given. If no monetary union is setup then we know you can still use the pound, but at this point you will not be controlling your own finances. There would be major upheaval of your monetary system as you would have to self regulate and with that comes massive costs and instability in the market.

With so much (9/10 customers) pension and investment income actually coming from outside of Scotland, not to mention savings in Scottish Banks, you can't ignore the very real prospect that many would opt to move to a more stable economy in the UK. Of course the UK economy will be less stable if the union wasn't agreed, but it would be more stable than Scotlands.

There is no way that Westminster will answer all the questions needed before September and so a lot of this is guesswork. There will be a lot of businesses starting to put contingency plans in place should a Yes vote mean no union and that would concern me personally.

[Edited on 27-02-2014 by Pop]
rustyarchs

27th Feb 14 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I know you weren't asking me but my views are pretty close to Alan's.

Are there enough Sevco fans who will vote no to even out the amount of those who will vote yes because of the feigned patriotism?

Thats ok, you weren't stateing that everybody who is a nationalist must be SNP supporter, so i turned it around and made out every RFC fan therefor must a unionist if anything you being a celtic fan and supporting a no vote would help prove that these stereotypes are wrong

It's hard to say as no one can say how many braveheart voters there will be but I do know that there is a huge amount of rangers fans making it clear what way they are voting although i wouldn't for a minute suggest that they all will vote no
rustyarchs

27th Feb 14 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
If that's your attitude concerning which team I support I'm not going to keep this up, typical smoke and mirrors nationalist bullshit. It can't possibly be that I disagree with the ins and outs of independence, it's that I'm biased due to something that has nothing to do with politics and don't know any better. Sheer arrogance.

ok it's no loss

you seem to think its ok for you to have an opinion based without facts but not for a nationalist
rustyarchs

27th Feb 14 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
if i had a 10% share in my parents and there house id be wanting my washing done to tbh

In the minority with an 8.*% share (no idea where you keep getting 10% from), wants an equal share in input.....seems completely logical to me

Percentage of UK revenues why would i say percentage of population when were talking about money

logic you say

rustyarchs

27th Feb 14 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pop
rustyarchs - you know which side of the fence I sit on, as being in England we would be worse off at the moment without Scotland in the UK, that's a fact.

I'm still to be convinced that Scotland will be better off independent though. In my opinion what doesn't help is Salmond and Sturgeon being the main face of it on the Scottish side. Don't get me wrong there are plenty of people that don't like those in Westminster, I just feel it would be an easier sell to the Scottish if they weren't fronting it.

I was reading an interesting article on the Telegraph website today - Click for Telegraph article

I acknowledge that there is bias and scaremongering in there; however, much of what is covered off could become reality and I don't think that can be ignored.

quote:
Originally posted by rustyarchsWill i just quote my previous reply's on the economy our GDP on our lower unemployment, maybe some of my previous statment's about being energy rich about our cash subsidies! about being able to control our own finances and our own rules cos mate if you missed all that and i think I started on page 2 then what hope should I have that you will read it now?

Everything hinges on what will happen with the currency. Is it in the UK's best interests to have a money union - yes. Is it guaranteed - no.

At the moment Scotland is energy rich, that is a given. If no monetary union is setup then we know you can still use the pound, but at this point you will not be controlling your own finances. There would be major upheaval of your monetary system as you would have to self regulate and with that comes massive costs and instability in the market.

With so much (9/10 customers) pension and investment income actually coming from outside of Scotland, not to mention savings in Scottish Banks, you can't ignore the very real prospect that many would opt to move to a more stable economy in the UK. Of course the UK economy will be less stable if the union wasn't agreed, but it would be more stable than Scotlands.

There is no way that Westminster will answer all the questions needed before September and so a lot of this is guesswork. There will be a lot of businesses starting to put contingency plans in place should a Yes vote mean no union and that would concern me personally.

I like it when you post, always good sensible valid input and i agree with a lot of it

i agree the monetary union is the shakey bit and as iv said i think its in the best interests of everybody to go ahead with one! although my resolve isn't quite as solid as it once was

il have a read at the article later
rustyarchs

27th Feb 14 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
The yes voters not bothering is fine, I'm more worries about the no voters not bothering. There should be a minimum percentage of the population which has to vote but I don't think there is here.

think its just a majority vote this time but not sure tbh, hope so as last time time we voted for independence and we won with 52% of the votes it didn't count as the 40% population needed wasn't hit due to the ill and those that had recently died still counting

also there is more Scottish academics and business owners backing the yes campaign than the no campaign so pretty safe to assume they will be the type to vote
Steve
Premium Member

27th Feb 14 at 19:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Pop

quote:

I like it when you post, always good sensible valid input and i agree with a lot of it

i agree the monetary union is the shakey bit and as iv said i think its in the best interests of everybody to go ahead with one! although my resolve isn't quite as solid as it once was

il have a read at the article later

You like it when he posts because its agreeing with you about being independent
Pop

27th Feb 14 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not really though am I Steve?!

I think we will all be worse off personally, but the only given is that with a Yes vote the rest of the UK will initially be worse off.

If Scotland didn't get the union they could well be in a world of pain. Without a union the UK would suffer; however, I think it would hit Scotland far harder.

A lot hinges on whether or not the UK would shaft Scotland on the money, for the reason that it's in our power to do so. The split won't be acrimonious and we could easily cut our nose off to spite our face.

rustyarchs

27th Feb 14 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he doesn't think that though! sadly

he can see the pros and cons though and can justify his opinions which is a lot better than most hence why i respect his input
Steve
Premium Member

27th Feb 14 at 19:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pop
I'm not really though am I Steve?!

I think we will all be worse off personally, but the only given is that with a Yes vote the rest of the UK will initially be worse off.

If Scotland didn't get the union they could well be in a world of pain. Without a union the UK would suffer; however, I think it would hit Scotland far harder.

A lot hinges on whether or not the UK would shaft Scotland on the money, for the reason that it's in our power to do so. The split won't be acrimonious and we could easily cut our nose off to spite our face.

my bad I read "im still to be convinced" as "im still convinced"

Apologies all round

<<  6    7    8    9    10    11    12  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Scotland 22 database queries in 0.3608091 seconds