corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Scotland

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Scotland
Pop

User status: Offline
15th Feb 14 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by rustyarchs
can i also say i bow down before your quoting skills

It's just a simple case of copying and pasting some coding, it could have gone horribly wrong!

Whatever the outcome of the vote there are some interesting times ahead.
rustyarchs

15th Feb 14 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right, why do we need a plan B?

-We own 10% sterling and the bank of England
-As the 2nd biggest trading partner its madness for the UK to say no as it will cost there businesses millions
-The bank of Englands governer has said yes we can use it
-We don't need permission to use sterling if the worst comes to the worst however it is in the best interests of everyone to get permission and for it to be worked out

What has it to do with Salmond? and in terms of politicians who do you prefer? Cameron? Tony Blair? Margeret thatcher? none are to be trusted in fact never trust any politician! The difference is Scotland as part of the Uk has no power to do anything to get rid of the above but as an independent country we can vote in who WE want so if Salmond does a shit job its by bye Salmond! if Cameron does a shit job for Scotland but a great job for England he can still be forced upon us for another term.. its pretty simple to understand

oh as for your analogy its flawed.... your forgetting the 10% stake Scotland will still have in the bank of England after independence. so the co-owner of your business still has a 10% share in the company so of course the banking would be dealt with (unless it all goes tits up and were forced to walk away without our share of debt then of the share in the bank can be written off )
alan-g-w

15th Feb 14 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Salmond is the driving force and has instigated the whole referendum debate along with a select few others. There was never a majority call for a Scottish referendum in the first place from the people, it's just the people like Salmond who have a 300yr old feeling of injustice towards the English. If it'll keep people happy I'll insert SNP instead.

I find with politicians that it's a case of choosing the best of a bad bunch. I just take exception to the fact that Salmond is just such a terrible figurehead to have running Scotland.
John

15th Feb 14 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thinking that replacing one set of politicians with another set who are Scottish, is better than the choices we have now, is massively flawed imo.

Can't say in one paragraph that politicians aren't to be trusted, but we'll get on some of our own, who still can't be trusted.
rustyarchs

15th Feb 14 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
Salmond is the driving force and has instigated the whole referendum debate along with a select few others. There was never a majority call for a Scottish referendum in the first place from the people, it's just the people like Salmond who have a 300yr old feeling of injustice towards the English. If it'll keep people happy I'll insert SNP instead.

I find with politicians that it's a case of choosing the best of a bad bunch. I just take exception to the fact that Salmond is just such a terrible figurehead to have running Scotland.

The scottish home rule and referendums started way back in the 1850s it would continue without salmond! He isnt best to run scotland but hes much better than david cameron lol and again we can after indy pick who WE want to run us
rustyarchs

15th Feb 14 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Thinking that replacing one set of politicians with another set who are Scottish, is better than the choices we have now, is massively flawed imo.

Can't say in one paragraph that politicians aren't to be trusted, but we'll get on some of our own, who still can't be trusted.

As iv previously stated its about accountability! Its not hard to understand! Why will a UK party put the interests of scotland first when its only 10% of the voters?
John

15th Feb 14 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You are deluded if you think that changes when we are independent.
Graeme
Premium Member

16th Feb 14 at 00:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you honestly think there will be no cuts if it becomes independent?

Some city center roads are bad granted but honestly. I was up last weekend and some of the more rural roads are smoother, better surfaced than I've ever seen than down here on same rural roads.

Tax may be a fraction more but there are far less people populating it per sq mile and the stuff you get free compared to in England it just simply can not carry on with out the country going bankrupt.

John

16th Feb 14 at 00:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't see why there would be cuts.

Roads are per council and pretty irrelevant to whether we are independent or not.

Glasgow City Council is particularly bad at the roads. As soon as you get outside, if going north you've probably hit East Dunbartonshire first, who are pretty good.
AK

16th Feb 14 at 00:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where do councils get the money?
John

16th Feb 14 at 00:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some from council tax and the rest from central government.
Graeme
Premium Member

16th Feb 14 at 00:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Don't see why there would be cuts.

Roads are per council and pretty irrelevant to whether we are independent or not.

Glasgow City Council is particularly bad at the roads. As soon as you get outside, if going north you've probably hit East Dunbartonshire first, who are pretty good.

I was south near new Cumnock but all family live just outside Glasgow. City center is awful in Glasgow.

The cuts will simply come. As at the minute it all goes into one pot then divided between the countries.

For example If Scotland got say £100 at the minute. And £100 is spent. When independence comes they won't be getting £100 in. So if they carried on spending £100 it won't work.

For the amount of people there are it won't have the income it currently does. Yeah may get a bit for selling oil fields etc but that isn't a long long term solution.

[Edited on 16-02-2014 by Graeme]
Graeme
Premium Member

16th Feb 14 at 00:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Some from council tax and the rest from central government.

All council tax goes into one big pot and it's divided up per population to each county. They then decided how much each department gets. Hence road tax not actually spent inn the roads. All in one pot then highways get a amount they need to budget for repairs, improvements etc.
Rick Draper

16th Feb 14 at 00:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The big pressing question is what will happen with the BBC, will they just cut off broadcasting to Scotland? I cannot remember what salmond put on his wish list.
rustyarchs

16th Feb 14 at 01:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right onto the cuts part again, why will we have cuts? yes we get freebie prescriptions etc but that is added into our cost per head and even with those added we pay more than we take out! this is maybe simpler - according to the GERS report were just 8.4% of the population and spent 9.3% of the country's money but that's ok as we raised 9.9% of revenues and that .6 is a heck of a lot of money also we still ran at a deficit of £3.4bn so yes that's not so good its 2,3% of our GDP but compared to the rest of the UK were doing grand- UK deficit -£92.3bn at 6% of GDP (more than double ours) also can i just add our economy has been and is growing faster.

as for the BBC Scots pay in £330m and supposedly only 100m of that is actually spent in Scotland so if we spend 100m on our own version then that leaves a 230million hole in the BBCs budget that I'm pretty certain they will be wanting to fill by selling programs to us even though in all fairness i doubt they could stop anybody receiving the signal! oh also think i saw a question time or daily politics and salmond had hinted at advertising on the scots bbc but not so sure on that
Ojc

16th Feb 14 at 07:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you are attached to the British Isles that means you adhere to our rules m, Scotland should be told to stop this nonsense ASAP or suffer the consequences.
baza31

16th Feb 14 at 09:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is there any mention on what's going to happen with iron bru and what the forecasted cost increase per can is likely to be if they get independence .
Rick Draper

16th Feb 14 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by rustyarchsas for the BBC Scots pay in £330m and supposedly only 100m of that is actually spent in Scotland so if we spend 100m on our own version then that leaves a 230million hole in the BBCs budget that I'm pretty certain they will be wanting to fill by selling programs to us even though in all fairness i doubt they could stop anybody receiving the signal! oh also think i saw a question time or daily politics and salmond had hinted at advertising on the scots bbc but not so sure on that

It turns out £330M is less than the BBC spends even on BBC2 programming alone so you would not have much in the way of a decent channel?
Russ

16th Feb 14 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Scotland would be fine.

Unless somebody attacked, like the English..
rustyarchs

16th Feb 14 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
quote:
Originally posted by rustyarchsas for the BBC Scots pay in £330m and supposedly only 100m of that is actually spent in Scotland so if we spend 100m on our own version then that leaves a 230million hole in the BBCs budget that I'm pretty certain they will be wanting to fill by selling programs to us even though in all fairness i doubt they could stop anybody receiving the signal! oh also think i saw a question time or daily politics and salmond had hinted at advertising on the scots bbc but not so sure on that

It turns out £330M is less than the BBC spends even on BBC2 programming alone so you would not have much in the way of a decent channel?

Thats prob true but we will still have BBC Scotland or what ever it will be renamed as, be able to buy the best programs just as many countries over the world do and dump most of the crap nobody cares about oh and watch what ever channels leak over the border (remind me to buy a bigger ariel ) just wondering what is the BBCs budget? i know its bloated and full of fat cats but iv not got a clue on what it is
rustyarchs

16th Feb 14 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
If you are attached to the British Isles that means you adhere to our rules m, Scotland should be told to stop this nonsense ASAP or suffer the consequences.

Please no please don't set the Morris dancers on us
rustyarchs

16th Feb 14 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
Scotland would be fine.

pffft couple of hosepipes over Hadriens wall turn the taps on and bang we win
sc0ott

16th Feb 14 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There wont be rivers of blood, there will be rivers of fake tan and vajazzles.

Dont get me started on their women.
JordyCarter

16th Feb 14 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Feed them to the dogs i say!
Russ

16th Feb 14 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by rustyarchs
quote:
Originally posted by Russ
Scotland would be fine.

pffft couple of hosepipes over Hadriens wall turn the taps on and bang we win

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Scotland 22 database queries in 0.1120229 seconds