corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Home cinema day, projector setups

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Home cinema day, projector setups
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
14th Oct 13 at 09:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
What's the quality like Steve?

looks amazing to me, but then im no AV expert. Really liking the 3d, definitely better 3d than my mates 50 odd inch TV
csweatherston

14th Oct 13 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That looks lovely.
i did something similar a few years ago, but the length of the room required a short throw projector.

as with a standard projector i could only get a 60/70" display.
Balling
Premium Member

14th Oct 13 at 10:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But seriously though, why isn't the screen smooth? Surely it's either not level or it's a manufacturing error?

[Edited on 14-10-2013 by Balling]

Steve
Premium Member

14th Oct 13 at 10:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its not something iv noticed when watching it to be honest. But you can see it on that pic. I also cant see anything like that when looking at the screen with the lights on. Might just need to settle as its brand new, although as said I cant see it when watching a film or inspecting the screen
Balling
Premium Member

14th Oct 13 at 11:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
I cant see it when watching a film
Can see it quite clearly in the GTA shot and I'd imagine it will be the same for any frame with large areas of (near) solid colour.

Can't see it needing to settle, really. I'd check if it's level and then contacting the manufacturer/supplier. Definitely not supposed to hang all wavy like that.

Steve
Premium Member

14th Oct 13 at 11:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im thinking about getting a bigger screen anyway
Balling
Premium Member

14th Oct 13 at 11:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How far from the projector to the screen?

If the room's as small as it looks to me, then I'd think a larger screen would result in serious sharpness issues!?

Steve
Premium Member

14th Oct 13 at 11:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

about 4.5m
Balling
Premium Member

14th Oct 13 at 11:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd look in to sharpness issues before purchasing anything bigger, then.

Might be I'm wrong, but I think you'll have some very unsharp edges and corners.

Balling
Premium Member

14th Oct 13 at 12:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sure there's a technical term for this, that I don't know.

Basically the image is only sharp at a specific distance from the projector. As the projector bulb is a single point, the distance to the sharpness comes out as a sphere.

Illustrated in 2D

Basically adjusting the sharpness is always going to be a compromise. Most people tend to do it like I've shown here, which essentially gives a circle on the screen, that is completely sharp.

The larger the spread you expect from you projector, the bigger this issue will be.

Of course you can get spherical screens that eliminate this issue, but then we're talking major £££ as well as the fact that a given screen size requires an exact distance to the projector.

Steve
Premium Member

14th Oct 13 at 12:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just looked at the specs of the projector and set it within the recommended parameters.

Theres obviously the optical focus etc that can be adjusted too

Balling
Premium Member

14th Oct 13 at 12:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking at the specs, what do these lines mean?

Projection Size - 30 inches - 300 inches
Projection Distance Wide - 0.9 m - 8.9 m (100 inch screen)
Projection Distance Tele - 1.4 m - 14.5 m (100 inch screen)

[Edited on 14-10-2013 by Balling]

Steve
Premium Member

14th Oct 13 at 12:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used the calculator off the epson site

ftp://download.epson-europe.com/pub/download/3773/epson377334eu.exe
Balling
Premium Member

14th Oct 13 at 12:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck off with your .EXE files.

Found this http://www.projectorcentral.com/projection-calculator.cfm but your model isn't listed.

Steve
Premium Member

14th Oct 13 at 12:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is under Epson Europe, for a 100" screen that calc said throw distance of 3.5052 metres

[Edited on 14-10-2013 by Steve]
Balling
Premium Member

14th Oct 13 at 12:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, found it.
At 4,5 m throw distance it seems to think ideal size would be around 155", which is quite a bit larger than I'd have thought.

Looks like they're only measuring brightness though, but might be I'm mistaken on the scale of the sharpness issues.

155" screen certainly would be impressive to look at from that viewing distance.

Steve
Premium Member

14th Oct 13 at 12:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont think id go that extreme haha, i think perhaps 110 or 120
Steve
Premium Member

14th Oct 13 at 21:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a hd free view box that also acts as a pvr which saves recordings on to a USB stick or hdd. Interestingly you can take the recordings and stick them in the pc and can convert the video files to mp4 or similar.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll