corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Games/chill out rooms

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Games/chill out rooms
DannyB
Premium Member

User status: Offline
10th Apr 11 at 21:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm turning the other bedroom in to a games/chill out room soon, need some inspiration on decor and layout ideas.

Any pics of yours or pics of others would be great. Budget wont be massive for installs or anything, will be a 40'' TV and a PS3 on one wall, surround sound etc. PC will be in there too etc etc. Would like some sort of bean bags as the seating area for the TV rather than a sofa, they'll be far better to lounge on I think
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

11th Apr 11 at 08:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

40" may be too big if its a small room, bigger isnt always better for a games room.
John

11th Apr 11 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Beanbags aren't as good an idea as they sound Danny.

I had the same though, got quite a fancy beanbag, used it once.
Nismo

11th Apr 11 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2 lazy boy type chairs would be better.

Nice floating wall with tv, PS3 and AV kit built in, maybe a 5:1 system wouldnt cost much and would be good!
Nismo

11th Apr 11 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get over to AV forums for ideas.
SXIBLK

11th Apr 11 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine consists of dart board, 37 inch tv on wall with xbox set up couple of becks beer fridges and Banksy art on the wall still work in progress i tried beanbags stay away there shit

also bought a couple of bar stools and the seats are like a becks beer bottle lid look pretty cool

[Edited on 11-04-2011 by SXIBLK]
adiohead

11th Apr 11 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VrsTurbo
bigger isnt always better

Some days I stare at myself in the mirror and repeat this phrase over and over until the tears have dried up
DannyB
Premium Member

11th Apr 11 at 11:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I should have stated the size of the room it's around 20ft long by 9ft wide. Beanbags is just an idea I had, would love a big mound of them to just jump on and get swallowed in to if they arent all that good though I'll avoid them in favour of something else.

I'd like to keep the full room a dark colour ideally, maybe a matt dark grey, even on the ceiling, the white coving will just break it up a little. I need to do some proper research in to it though, will have a look on AV forums.
ShEp

11th Apr 11 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get a fruit machine,. loads of entertainment.
noshua

11th Apr 11 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bean bags are alright if you get ones big enough, there's some website that does gaming ones, they had a challenge for someone to use it constantly for 24 hours (minus piss/poo breaks obviously) whilst playing games consoles. They're huge. I'll try find the website for you
noshua

11th Apr 11 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.iexgaming.com/24-hour-gaming.aspx

Pricey though
DannyB
Premium Member

11th Apr 11 at 21:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They do them big ones in Argos for £70, would want 3 atleast for that size, would prefer something bigger but not sure what else is out there
John

12th Apr 11 at 00:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine is about that size but not that material.

It never stays in shape as a chair either, it deforms and you have to get up to fix it.

I think you get massive beanbags, the sort of thing I'm imagining you are talking about.
DannyB
Premium Member

12th Apr 11 at 12:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah John, just a big fuck off beanbag that I can jump on even if I need 2 or 3 together, if I can't find anything like that though I'll just look for a comfy 2 seater sofa or something
Conway563

12th Apr 11 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been looking at something like this but they're a bit more than I wanted to spend TBH
DannyB
Premium Member

12th Apr 11 at 12:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They look good, a few of them would work a treat
Tom

12th Apr 11 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm half considering doing this in our spare room, mainly consisting of a projector, PS3 and potentially some sort of pool table (although would be limited to one that can be lifted up 4 flights of stairs).

I've already ordered a beanbag from next (one with a 'back' to it) and I believe you can get 1/2 decent projectiors 2nd hand for about £300? Hmmmmmm, I would a fruity but again be difficult to get up the stairs

Edit projector stuff:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HD-LED-Home-Theatre-Projector-Screen-Ceiling-Mount-/120708863679?pt=UK_AudiVideoElectronics_Video_Electronics&hash=item1c1acf16bf

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Samsung-SP-L305-Projector-Used-Boxed-Excellent-con-/200597006936?pt=UK_AudiVideoElectronics_Video_Electronics&hash=item2eb4836a58

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SAMSUNG-SP-D400S-HD-READY-HOME-CINEMA-PROJECTOR-/320671950471?pt=UK_AudiVideoElectronics_Video_Electronics&hash=item4aa989a687

[Edited on 12-04-2011 by Tom]
Toby
Premium Member

12th Apr 11 at 12:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get one of these, my dad got one a few years back, may have a job getting one back though although they did a receipt for one dollar if customs had a sniff

http://www.lovesac.com/sacs/bigone/the-bigone-w-taupe-rhinoplush-cover.html
dava.

12th Apr 11 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good place for beanbags of all sizes and shapes - http://www.beanbagbazaar.co.uk/?gclid=CMaGpuKfl6gCFdFX4QodqVFoCg

iv got there gaming reclining bean bag and a two seater bean bag from here - http://www.greatbeanbags.com/product_details.asp?p={179D26D1-1127-4A4A-8E6C-49C7AFB9936D}&d=7&c=45&a=&ps=1034&pc=1540&pq=1

i much prefered the reclining one for playing console with but the two seater is superb just to slouch into and watch tv, only problem with beanbags is if they get used constant then you need to keep buying top bags!
DannyB
Premium Member

12th Apr 11 at 15:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers guys, although $1069 is out of my budget slightly

I like them reclining games bean bags on that site Dave, good price too!

although 2 of these would be brilliant

http://www.beanbagbazaar.co.uk/BaZi-bean-bag-armchair.aspx

[Edited on 12-04-2011 by DannyB]
Gareth

12th Apr 11 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a 60" plasma in mine and 2x playseat evolutions oh and a fruit machine that i need to somehow get upstairs lol. Can take a pic if any interest?
DannyB
Premium Member

12th Apr 11 at 20:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah the more pics the better
Gareth

12th Apr 11 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DannyB
Premium Member

12th Apr 11 at 20:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that's cool, looks like a little arcade booth
Tom

13th Apr 11 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^ that's cool, room looks small but works well!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll