corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Pro's and Con's of town houses.

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Pro's and Con's of town houses.
pow
Premium Member

User status: Offline
20th Feb 11 at 19:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you want 2 kids
ash_corsa

20th Feb 11 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not keen on all the hard floors, looks like only one room has carpet.

Amazing difference in price between areas aswell.

dannymccann

20th Feb 11 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea that Darlo house is a lot of space for the price! Mine is only 3 beds and isnt finished to that standard and was £137k last March, got yourself a bargain there, although cant see what the area is like, any good??
Ben G

20th Feb 11 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
If you want 2 kids

they can stay upstairs in the bedroom together

and yes, carpet is only on the stairs/1 room but i don't like carpet anyway. we have it in our house at the moment and the cats just rip it up all the time.

decoration wise, we're not bothered as we can do all that. mostly garden space, driveway and interior layout is all that we look for.
fiestakidda

20th Feb 11 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Area is fine not ultra posh but not mega rub down. Has good schools in the area and the house has off street parking round the back leading onto our garden. Couldn't have asked for more really.
Jules S
Premium Member

20th Feb 11 at 22:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was sat waiting for something earlier, and I thought what a crap plan ben had posted.

Why would you want the kitchen on the first floor? Why compromise all of the accommodation in terms of room size and shape?

Looking at it again, it clear to be what I thought all along. Towns houses (generally) are thin/deep and all the ones I've been in are compromised by the staircase making the rooms either the wrong shape, size or on the wrong floor.

It's complicated why bens house is laid out like it is, and i don't doubt given or
Orning or so I could make it betterbut it would cost more.... And I guess that's why they don't work in my eyes
Jules S
Premium Member

20th Feb 11 at 22:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry iPhone format and I really cba to correct the paragraphing lol
Colin

20th Feb 11 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres some smart ones near me ive looked at before, they have some cracking features like balcony, 1st floor deck/car-port & open plan mid floor!! I'd have one if it was well designed with a few trick features. That said the draw of a detached house for less won over trick balconys.

Nice idea though!!

dannymccann

21st Feb 11 at 06:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine is a normal layout jules...

Ground floor - kitchen/diner and lounge, bog
First - spare bedroom 1 and 2, family bathroom,
Second - master, unsuited and small loftspace, which means our bedroom is a similar size to the whole of the ground floor
Ben G

21st Feb 11 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

every town house in this area has a first floor kitchen and living room as the ground floor has a garage and bedroom/shower room.

i prefer the living area being in the middle myself, but some people would prefer them on the ground floor.
Fro

21st Feb 11 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quite like that Ben
Cavey

21st Feb 11 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dannymccann
Mine is a normal layout jules...

Ground floor - kitchen/diner and lounge, bog
First - spare bedroom 1 and 2, family bathroom,
Second - master, unsuited and small loftspace, which means our bedroom is a similar size to the whole of the ground floor

Think you got yours at roughly the same time as us. That's out layout as well, and I much prefer it to the middle floor living, especially as we've got a cat, we can sit in the living room, open the french windows and let the cat run around the garden, and even, in the summer, we can use the living room and garden and still be social instead of having to climb a flight of stairs all the time.

Also, the main bedroom we've got on the middle floor has "jack and jill" doors into the family bathroom so if we've got guests, can lock 1 door and makes it essentially an en suite. Still got a third bedroom and a study on the middle floor as well.

Also have a seperate garage so that free'd up a lot of space obviously.

There were townhouses here with the built in garage and same living plan as Bens, but a) they were £20k more than ours, and b) I don't really like the layout as much as what we ended up with.
whitter45

23rd Feb 11 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tend to find ground floor dining room or bedroom is a wste as its cold and people dont like sleeping under the lounge and upstairs - mentality thing

I went to look at one a couple weeks ago that was a 3 storey house but basically the top fllor was master and ensuite

Then had a study and 2 double bed sized rooms and bathroom on first floor with Liunge dining room and kitchen on ground

Felt much more like a traditonal house but with added space of the extra fllor

Town houses with dining or bedroom on ground floor for me dont work and is a waste of a floor

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll