corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Alpine White E36 328i Sport - power run and fuelling fail page 7

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Alpine White E36 328i Sport - power run and fuelling fail page 7
Robin
Premium Member

User status: Online
25th Aug 13 at 12:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So, replaced the calipers today and all seems well. I have some pics of the 'old' stuff, will upload in a minute.
Robin
Premium Member

26th Aug 13 at 07:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Few pics of it all... old vs new-

They looked like this when I'd got them on -

drove 15 miles and this was the result -

Not sure how well you can see but the disc is blue and these are the pads, lost 1.5mm of pad in 15 miles

New calipers done on Sunday morning, with new discs and pads again.

also fitted the M3 GT corner splitters I got at Gaydon. Not sure about them but they're a 2 minute job to remove.

Fitted my 10mm h&r spacers to the front too, in preparation for the coilovers next Sunday.

Robin
Premium Member

29th Aug 13 at 19:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aaaand I've won an M50 inlet.
Butler

User status: Offline
29th Aug 13 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not enjoying those splitters! Hope you got a proper M50.
Robin
Premium Member

30th Aug 13 at 07:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Proper one?

Splitters look better in the flesh but I'm still not 100% sold on them.

Currently trying to justify spending £1100 or so on getting these into the country

http://www.hardmotorsport.com/Hard-Motorsport-18x85-STW-Center-Lock-Wheels-and-Hub-Conversion-HMSSTW18x85.htm

Then making them fit...
Robin
Premium Member

30th Aug 13 at 12:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a full refund on the seized calipers so that's now less painful.
Robin
Premium Member

6th Sep 13 at 17:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got some wheels to collect tomorrow to use with sticky tyres for track days. They're crap and won't look very good but they're cheap and will be used 5 or 6 times a year.
craig8
Premium Member

6th Sep 13 at 23:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Centre lock conversion?
http://www.racecarsdirect.com/listing/48735/bmw_stw_centerlock_wheels_bbs.html

E36 328
Robin
Premium Member

7th Sep 13 at 17:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unfortunately not can't afford tyresfor 9x19s
Robin
Premium Member

20th Sep 13 at 10:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok so my M50 manifold arrived

and in the package was this -

HEL braided clutch hose designed for clutch delay valve removal, which was a nice surprise...

Got the coilovers on too, started off like this

So easy to fit and really good to set up, the camber is the only pain as you need to remove the whole unit to get to the top mount because of the design of the turret but when they're set up properly, they won't need adjusting so it's fine.

Went a bit low to begin with

but surprisingly it was only about 7-10mm too low, raised it slightly on the front and it's spot on now.

before and after

So I'm happy with that now.

Picked up some wheels too, cheap and nasty Z3 wheels the same as these, 7.5" front and 8.5" rear and pennies to buy so I'm going to get another set for wet track day use and use the ones I've just bought for dry track day use

Having a bit of a nightmare with brakes still, ABS is playing up so I've got 2 new shit shields, 2 new wheel bearings and all the associated bolts to go on next week, then it's having a proper geo set up and that will be that for the rest of the year, other than using it!
taylorboosh

20th Sep 13 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Those wheels look better than what you have
N16K

20th Sep 13 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like the Z3 wheels tbh.
Robin
Premium Member

20th Sep 13 at 18:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Meh, curvy wheel on a car covered in straight lines. Not for me but they're for track use so they'll do.
craig8
Premium Member

21st Sep 13 at 12:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What issues are you getting with the ABS?

E36 328
Robin
Premium Member

21st Sep 13 at 12:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It just occasionally works even when you're not braking hard, no warning light though, just a hard pedal and no brakes!
Jamie-C

21st Sep 13 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Needs motorsports , looks the part now, seeing this makes me regret not getting one when I had the chance
Ben G

21st Sep 13 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sits nice now not feeling the current wheels though.
Robin
Premium Member

11th Oct 13 at 16:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have updates but haven't uploaded pictures.
Robin
Premium Member

16th Oct 13 at 11:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Done a few bits -

Window trims replaced as they looked grim and were letting water in

replaced my incorrect front grille with a £5 scrapyard special!

blagged these from a supplier through work, nice freebie...

and arranged my wheels into a neat row

Then I had the front brake shit shields replaced, both front wheel bearings replaced and all 4 abs sensors cleaned up, the car was plugged into a scanner and the wheel speeds measured in a straight line to check they all worked the same. They did. So, the problem I've been having seemed to be solved.

Mrs took it to work for 2 days and then came home one lunchtime where she had exactly the same problem again, which is frustrating as it looks like ABS pump! Pulled the ABS relays and the problem didn't happen so that definitely looks like the issue to me.

I've got a few bits to do this weekend before it goes for geometry - going to get some weight out of it, probably strip the rear end for now, then set the height again and have the geo done. I'm also doing the short shift, might do the brake lines and clutch hose too but not sure, might wait til I fix the ABS fault.

Also booked another trackday, Bedford GT circuit on the 14th of December (!) so I need to get some tyres sorted for that, if the 5 spokes clear the brakes that is.
M Sutton

16th Oct 13 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good! Il try and pop up when ure on track that weekend. Hopefully its not snowing or anything
Jambo

17th Oct 13 at 06:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How does it drive with the coilovers Robin? Ride ok?
Ojc

17th Oct 13 at 06:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dat some 420 dank shit blaze it fehgit
Robin
Premium Member

17th Oct 13 at 07:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by M Sutton
Looks good! Il try and pop up when ure on track that weekend. Hopefully its not snowing or anything

Yeah, would be good to see you!
Robin
Premium Member

17th Oct 13 at 07:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
How does it drive with the coilovers Robin? Ride ok?

Stiff. Rides better than I thought though, it's not crashy or harsh, just feels hard.
Robin
Premium Member

18th Oct 13 at 09:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just spent another chunk of money!

2 rear calipers, 4 abs sensors and a load of dot 5.1 fluid.

If that doesn't solve the ABS issue I'll be replacing the ABS pump.

If that doesn't fix it, I'll burn it.

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Alpine White E36 328i Sport - power run and fuelling fail page 7 24 database queries in 0.1988010 seconds