corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Alpine White E36 328i Sport - power run and fuelling fail page 7

New Poll
  <<  4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Alpine White E36 328i Sport - power run and fuelling fail page 7
chris_uk
Premium Member

User status: Offline
18th Oct 13 at 09:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why not just deactivate abs?
Robin
Premium Member

18th Oct 13 at 09:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because my mrs is scared. I don't have an issue with it but as she uses it every day and is doing the track days with me, with no track experience, she wants to keep it
chris_uk
Premium Member

18th Oct 13 at 11:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just tell her its still there. Lol
Robin
Premium Member

18th Oct 13 at 11:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tried that, need to pull the bulb out!
Robin
Premium Member

20th Oct 13 at 20:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Half stripped the car yesterday, everything is gone from the rear end and I'm not convinced, feels like half a job and it either needs painting black or I need to put it back together, undecided.

Anyway, I got a few bits done today with a lot of help from a mate who offered how help, a ramp and a load of the right tools.

Braided clutch hose with no clutch delay valve fitted
Z3M shifter fitted
Replaced front ABS sensors
Fitted new rear calipers
Fitted front braided brake hoses

Brake pedal feels immense now, so much better than before, clutch responds quicker too, no 'slip' on fast upchanges, not had an ABS issue either so far.

Got to do the rear hoses another time as it's going to need a bit of copper pipe making, no way the old flexis are coming off withou snapping one of them, was too much to tackle today unfortunately.

Final point, OMFG the short shift makes a huge difference. Anyone else with an E36 who is looking for a cheap, super awesome mod, get it done, took about 10 minutes and I now feel like Steve Soper.

3CorsaMeal

20th Oct 13 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a short shift sat about and not got round to fitting yet. Couldn't get it in my brain that it would make a difference.
Robin
Premium Member

28th Oct 13 at 16:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

'Wet' tyres ordered.
Robin
Premium Member

31st Oct 13 at 09:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

kennySRi

1st Nov 13 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good progress, love the look of a white 36. I had a short shift on my old 325 and it felt great!
Robin
Premium Member

1st Nov 13 at 15:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best thing I've done so far without a doubt.
Robin
Premium Member

23rd Nov 13 at 09:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Robin
Premium Member

23rd Nov 13 at 09:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Off for geometry and a power run today!
craig8
Premium Member

23rd Nov 13 at 10:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good mate, really need to get on with mine

E36 328
Robin
Premium Member

23rd Nov 13 at 19:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

199bhp and 222lb/ft

Decent considering it's only got a panel filter and it was 192bhp and 206lb/ft in 1996!
Robin
Premium Member

23rd Nov 13 at 19:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuel sender is fucked apparently, just ran out of petrol on 1/4 of a tank.
Robin
Premium Member

28th Nov 13 at 09:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Forgot these pics

Apparently it was crabbing at the rear quite a lot.

It's set up with loads of camber, probably too much and a tiny bit of toe out on the rear which worries me a bit as it feels quite loose :S

[Edited on 28-11-2013 by Robin]
3CorsaMeal

28th Nov 13 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks great in the pics on this page

Have you been waxing it?
Robin
Premium Member

28th Nov 13 at 18:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brillo pad and fairy liquid mate.
M Sutton

28th Nov 13 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good! Good power too
Robin
Premium Member

2nd Dec 13 at 08:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Selling up after Bedford, didn't enjoy Cadwell as much as I could have done as it was a bit damp in the morning.

The Mrs went out in a Fiesta ST race car and loved it so I think we're going down that route.
daine
Premium Member

2nd Dec 13 at 08:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have a good look in to the ST fiesta Robin, had one a couple a years ago, 35k on it,
put Bhp up to 180 and it shat the diff through the casing. £1500 exchange from ford
put it back to standard and it did it again 1100 miles later, also did the CV's gearbox end
Robin
Premium Member

2nd Dec 13 at 09:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know the gearbox can be weak but it seems to be pot luck. I've seen standard ones snap the input shaft clean in half but I've seen supercharged, 330bhp ones have no issues, very random problem!
craig8
Premium Member

4th Dec 13 at 17:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any specific reason you didn't enjoy it?

Will do my vulture bit now, let me know what bits you have if/when your selling up

E36 328
Robin
Premium Member

4th Dec 13 at 19:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was damp in the morning and it didn't feel like it was safe at any point. Waited til it dried out a bit and it was better but it still wasn't right.

I think I'm afraid of RWD
Robin
Premium Member

4th Dec 13 at 19:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will probably be selling it as it by the way

<<  4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Alpine White E36 328i Sport - power run and fuelling fail page 7 24 database queries in 0.1737580 seconds