corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Alpine White E36 328i Sport - power run and fuelling fail page 7

New Poll
  <<  5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Alpine White E36 328i Sport - power run and fuelling fail page 7
craig8
Premium Member

User status: Offline
4th Dec 13 at 20:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Strangely I have more confidence even in the wet with the BMW than I ever did in the dry with any of my other cars, granted I haven't had it on a trackday in the rain but plenty of back road runs

E36 328
Butler

5th Dec 13 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
It was damp in the morning and it didn't feel like it was safe at any point. Waited til it dried out a bit and it was better but it still wasn't right.

I think I'm afraid of RWD

I had a lot more confidence in my MX5, granted it was a lot lighter. I think having that much weight over the back end makes it more daunting.
3CorsaMeal

5th Dec 13 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What angle are your wishbones at compared to level ground? Car looks pretty low. Mucks up the corrado handling too
Jambo

5th Dec 13 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a tank slapper the other week overtaking someone in the rain

Never felt unsafe, more concerned about the under steer and stupidly long ratio steering rack
craig8
Premium Member

5th Dec 13 at 22:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What is your suspension set up like? What tyres and pressures

For comparison I'm running 3 degrees camber, standard toe and max caster on the front and 1.2 degrees camber on the rear with standard toe

Ad08's I think it was 28 or 30 psi hot
Had a little oversteer but no under steer

E36 328
Robin
Premium Member

5th Dec 13 at 22:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

-3.5 deg front, -2.5 deg rear, little bit of toe out on the front and a tiny tiny bit on the rear. Dampers are set to full soft though.

Jim, wishbones aren't the issue, they're not even parallel, they angle down still. People run lower with no trouble.
Robin
Premium Member

5th Dec 13 at 23:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry, just under -2deg rear camber

<<  5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Alpine White E36 328i Sport - power run and fuelling fail page 7 24 database queries in 0.0101721 seconds