corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official Summer Transfer Thread

New Poll
  <<  71    72    73    74    75    76    77  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Official Summer Transfer Thread
Rick Draper

User status: Offline
31st Jul 13 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
Thought Suarez wanted champs league football?

I thought he just wanted to play for a club that was challenging for things?
mwg

31st Jul 13 at 08:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Must be pretty easy being a football journalist. Make up some bull shit and publish it as being the truth with no evidence to back it up
DC90

31st Jul 13 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Must be pretty easy being a football journalist. Make up some bull shit and publish it as being the truth with no evidence to back it up

And then write an article at the end of the window saying how good they are for getting a story right out of the hundreds published.
Hammer

31st Jul 13 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
My point was more that "proper world class players" won't go there if they're not in the champions league though - whereas at least they have one at the moment. (Unless they pay them fortunes a la Monaco, which they won't)

They have more chance of reaching the CL next season with Bale than without him.

I personally think any manager with £85 million and no Bale would have a better chance of reaching the Champions League than with him. Proper world class players would join Spurs no bother, they are one of the best teams in one of the best leagues in the world.

£85 million buys you; Suarez, Mata, Cazorla and Silva. I know what I'd rather have in my team.
mwg

31st Jul 13 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When a player gets sold for a high fee how often does the club that sold him then go on a spending spree with the transfer money they received? Doesn't seem to happen often if at all. I think we spent about £20m of the £80m we got for Ronaldo. But that was probably £20m we were already planning on spending anyway.

No way AVB would be given all of that £85m to go out and buy players if they did sell Bale for that.
Hammer

31st Jul 13 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
When a player gets sold for a high fee how often does the club that sold him then go on a spending spree with the transfer money they received? Doesn't seem to happen often if at all. I think we spent about £20m of the £80m we got for Ronaldo. But that was probably £20m we were already planning on spending anyway.

No way AVB would be given all of that £85m to go out and buy players if they did sell Bale for that.

SAF is a bit different from normal managers. When Barca sold Figo they bought Overmars and Petit with the money. When Juve sold Zidane they bought Thuram, Buffon and Nedved.

Almost every club does go and spend to appease the fans that a star player has been sold, not the other way around.
JonnyJ

31st Jul 13 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer

£85 million buys you; Suarez, Mata, Cazorla and Silva. I know what I'd rather have in my team.

It doesnt work like that in reality though does it. In reality you dont get 4 class players in one window and clubs suddenly think 'these cunts have money to burn and are desparate, lets add on another £5m or so to our valuation'

What you suggest sounds great on paper but really they'll end up with one, probably overpriced replacement who isnt as good.
Hammer

31st Jul 13 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
quote:

It doesnt work like that in reality though does it. In reality you dont get 4 class players in one window and clubs suddenly think 'these cunts have money to burn and are desparate, lets add on another £5m or so to our valuation'

What you suggest sounds great on paper but really they'll end up with one, probably overpriced replacement who isnt as good.

Everything sounds great on paper. I could also say they could go and find the next Bale for £5 million and wait a few years until he gets through his shit patch and then sell him on for another record fee.

If Spurs have trust in their manager they would back him with the majority of the fee they'd bring in and, for me personally, that would see them ending up with a stronger squad.

Put it this way, even if Liverpool wanted 50 million for Suarez, I would rather have Suarez and £35 million in the bank than Bale. He scores more, he creates more and he's more dangerous.
DC90

31st Jul 13 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And more consistent.
Cavey

31st Jul 13 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But suraez wants champions league football, he wouldn't go to spurs

Spurs will be shopping in the second tier of players who aren't world class.

I think the spurs should is all right without Bale, if they get Soldado in to replace most of Bales goals then they've got enough in midfield to fill his work in there, and they would cope without him. But if they can only bring in 2 or 3 good players (not world class) then I'd argue they'd be worse off.

Don't get me wrong I'd sell him, the money is ridiculous, and with the new stadium on the way bla bla bla. But I think Levy is thinking the above.

[Edited on 31-07-2013 by Cavey]
Hammer

31st Jul 13 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, the same Suarez that wants to leave England because he's vilified by the English press and wants to talk to Arsenal at the same time.
Jamie Walby

31st Jul 13 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I also highly doubt that Real will be giving Spurs £85 in one hit.
mwg

31st Jul 13 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You would think who ever Spurs signed with the money they wouldn't be giving them all the money in one hit either so it evens out in that respect
Ben J

31st Jul 13 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We really aren't signing anyone are we

Shit and fans.

[Edited on 31-07-2013 by Ben J]
Cavey

31st Jul 13 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope, Bernard is supposed target looks like he'll go to Porto or Shakhtar
mwg

31st Jul 13 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well this is depressing if true

"John Ashton &#8207;@thedoveman1982 15h
Bale too expensive?

The combined top 11 transfer fees in football history are less than interest payments made by MUFC on Glazer loans"
Ben J

31st Jul 13 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ooooof.
Nismo

31st Jul 13 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/8848979/southampton-could-miss-out-on-around-11million-if-gareth-bale-is-sold
Hammer

31st Jul 13 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I think they could afford that mate.

By the same token, all deals are done in instalments, Spurs wouldn't be paying out a fee for any player they'd sign in the one hit.
Cavey

31st Jul 13 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/8848979/southampton-could-miss-out-on-around-11million-if-gareth-bale-is-sold

AlexSXI

31st Jul 13 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

More annoyed that Steven Caulker could be leaving rather than the Bale thing.

Caulker is the future!
Jamie Walby

31st Jul 13 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

I think they could afford that mate.

By the same token, all deals are done in instalments, Spurs wouldn't be paying out a fee for any player they'd sign in the one hit.

Yes.
Eck
Premium Member

31st Jul 13 at 15:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bale is a great player but I'd bite their hands off for such an outrageous fee. If they bring in Soldado and by some miracle pulled off a deal for Suarez, that would be an excellent strike force.
Marc

31st Jul 13 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Well this is depressing if true

"John Ashton &#8207;@thedoveman1982 15h
Bale too expensive?

The combined top 11 transfer fees in football history are less than interest payments made by MUFC on Glazer loans"

Bet Cosmo's coffin door is lifting at that.
p

31st Jul 13 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
quote:
Thought Suarez wanted champs league football?

I thought he just wanted to play for a club that was challenging for things?

Don't think Arsenal is the right place for him, then

Suarez is a cock, and a lot of footballers are. 'had enough of this country, god to leave, the media are tossers etc' then it's 'want CL football' ' want an ambitious club' 'happy to join Arsenal'

<<  71    72    73    74    75    76    77  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official Summer Transfer Thread 23 database queries in 0.1269288 seconds