corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official Summer Transfer Thread

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Official Summer Transfer Thread
Robbo

User status: Offline
28th Apr 13 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Too early? Nah...

What we need:

GK, CB, DM/CM, ST

Most linked with Adler, Williams, Valdes, Capoue, Gonalons and Jovetic

Gotze was a big link but that ain't happening now clearly () and we have been linked with Hummels which I'd be ecstatic about but seems unlikely. Adler, a decent CB, Gonalons, Jovetic and some shite actually out the door would be a great Summer but leave us still quite short, even with promoting a few youngsters (Gnabry, Bellerin, Olsson etc.). We won't seriously challenge for the title next season but good form, some success in the cups and a good finish coukld leave us ready to acquire some more talent and actually challenge in 14/15

What do you hope/want for your team?
Steve
Premium Member

28th Apr 13 at 10:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Confirmed so far: Zaha, (technically jan transfer though i suppose)

Lewandowski has also been rumoured

Lots of other wild cards

Ronaldo
Falcao etc etc usual suspects

[Edited on 28-04-2013 by Steve]
Ben J

28th Apr 13 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All I'm hoping for is the shite out the door, promote a few youngsters. Anything else is a bonus.
Marc

28th Apr 13 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think Welbeck should be sold. Shame as he is local to the club and looked quite promising when he first appeared in League Cup etc. Been a bit woeful of late and misses a lot of chances. Same for Macheda, scored 2 good goals and never followed it up. He is currently out on loan.

We have Angelo Henriquez coming in who arrived at the same time as Hernandez but we loaned him to Wigan. Haven't seen much of him there. Still Bebe to deal with, really am baffled by this, a Dennis Wise school of scouting for him. Still only 22, and has been playing in Portuguese top division. I think he will be sold.

I think Nani and Anderson will be sold. Really excited when we signed them in 2007. Nani showed talent and promise but all too often tried some Ronaldoesque trick and ruined an easy chance of goal or pass. Anderson has never shown any glimpse of PL talent and the crowd haven't helped by egging him on to shoot a la Scholes. Just as they did with Gibson

I think we should look in to long term replacements for Rio and Vidic, Giggs, Scholes. So defence and midfield is where we should strengthen.

Got some good players coming through/on the fringe though - Powell, Cleverley and Buttner looks immense whenever he plays.
Steve
Premium Member

28th Apr 13 at 11:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nani is deffo out, probably anderson too, id stick with welbeck for another season, I just think he been played in too many fits and starts to properly impact

Jones is lined up to replace Rio deffo. Vidic is amazing, tough to replace him with anyone
Russ

28th Apr 13 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Need A. Miracle to join from Nochance Inhell.
Ben D

28th Apr 13 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Disagree with you on a couple points Marc, Welbeck has had some great games this season and has rarely played in position, far too many people judge him on his goalscoring, but he's always come in and done a more than decent job wherever he has played, which has mostly been on the wing this season, as he rarely gets to play Cf where he is most effective.

Henriquez only joined at the end of last summer and he's only managed 2 appearances since being loaned to wigan despite scoring on his debut so I doubt he will get any game time with us if he can't force his way into Wigans team.

I think you're right about Macheda Bebe and Anderson going, possibly Nani too especially after the complete lack of form he's shown when given oppertunities recently which is unfortunate. I was genuinely starting to believe Anderson was past his injury problems until he got injured again before christmas as he was outstanding up until then imo and was one of our form players up until that point but I just don't think we can keep hoping he will overcome them now, he's been here for too long and it's probably time to invest in a big name marquee CM.

With all the big money sponsorship deals we've agreed this season and the increased TV revenue we have coming from next season I think we're certain to go out and buy a big name player or 2, It would be great to see ronaldo come back, especially if Nani is leaving as we've already been caught short winger wise in the past couple of seasons due to injuries mostly, Valencia although brilliant is very one dimensional and one footed, I don't trust Zaha to make an immediate impact and nani and young have form/injury issues.

Nic Barnes

28th Apr 13 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ben arfa to liverpool is rumours from newcastle for the last month or so. which is a shame, although he does suffer with injuries badly.
Nath

28th Apr 13 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another fun summer in store for us. We've had about 80 players in 4 years. Ridiculous.
Tommy L

28th Apr 13 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends if we stay in the PL

Obviously there will be a few frenchies coming in

striker or 2 is a must and depending on coloccini a cb or two.

Williamson, simpson and obergoon will nailed on leave in the summer
c20let

29th Apr 13 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dzeko to Dortmund
Tommy L

29th Apr 13 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spurs should go after him
Whittie

29th Apr 13 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It depends who goes, if Carroll raises enough funds thanks to West Ham, and Suarez goes for £35m+ then we've got a fighting chance of bringing in a decent striker. Even more so if Pacheco and Spearing get off our books.

Can see Skrtel going this season, and us bringing in Williams. Which i'm not that happy about, considering we won't have any back up from Carra next season, but its been on the cards for a while.

Ben Arfa has been pretty much a cert for a while, but he gets injured too much, great player when he isn't injured though.

Erikson and Tello may come in, but would like a big name signing if Suarez departs.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

1st May 13 at 19:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OUT - Cribari, Perry, Black, Sheils, Hutton, Alexander

IN - CB, CM, ST

only person we have actually signed is Cammy Bell
Robbo

2nd May 13 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tello is too good to Liverpool tbf

Also, http://www.sport24.com/football/transferts/fil-info/ben-arfa-vers-tottenham-629852

Cavey

2nd May 13 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
It depends who goes, if Carroll raises enough funds thanks to West Ham, and Suarez goes for £35m+ then we've got a fighting chance of bringing in a decent striker. Even more so if Pacheco and Spearing get off our books.

Can see Skrtel going this season, and us bringing in Williams. Which i'm not that happy about, considering we won't have any back up from Carra next season, but its been on the cards for a while.

Ben Arfa has been pretty much a cert for a while, but he gets injured too much, great player when he isn't injured though.

Erikson and Tello may come in, but would like a big name signing if Suarez departs.

I don't buy Allardyce quoting all the financial fairplay things meaning that we wont be able to afford Carroll, think he's just trying to get the price down.

Ashley Williams is a quality defender though
Whittie

2nd May 13 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Williams is a quality defender, agree, but not as good as Skrtel, which is annoying. Do you think you'll get him? What price has been thrown about between you guys for him? On LFC forums etc it's looking atbout 14m.

Rob, he could go to us on loan, for a season. He's only young and got a mega contract with Barca, not got a great deal first team exp! Only seen him play a few times, once was against Bayer Lev, scored 2 or 3, and other he came on as a sub and scored, think it was league match. I feel he's more of a slow winger, than an out and out forward though. Unsure whether you agree, would love to see what he could do on a loan spell with us.
Robbo

2nd May 13 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah true, loan perhaps. he does look decent but i wonder if barca may have a cull of a lot of the so-called weaker youngsters this summer and blame them for their failings, ie. dos santos, tello, alcantara, montoya, maybe even pedro etc.

williams is a good defender but i dont prsonally want him at arsenal, woudl rather you guys picked him up. i think hes much better than skrtel too but i dont like skrtel so much anyway
Eck
Premium Member

2nd May 13 at 14:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A slow winger? Alex, that boy's got rocket boots
Whittie

2nd May 13 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didn't look like it on the games i've seen him play in, you going off fifa?
Eck
Premium Member

2nd May 13 at 15:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, I'm going off games I've seen him come on as a sub can give most players a five yard head start and still burn them!
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JRbjSSs7kcE
Whittie

2nd May 13 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Makes my winger comment stronger then! Didn't think he looked quick against Bayer, makes you wonder who he was up against I suppose!
Eck
Premium Member

2nd May 13 at 15:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah he's definitely a winger. A fucking fast one Looks like he could be a good player.
JonnyJ

3rd May 13 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Weve just made our biggest signing of the season. Nigel Worthington as manager this is huge for us
Marc

5th May 13 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Phil Neville to United

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official Summer Transfer Thread 23 database queries in 0.1125870 seconds