corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official Summer Transfer Thread

New Poll
  <<  68    69    70    71    72    73    74  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Official Summer Transfer Thread
DC90

User status: Offline
29th Jul 13 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everyone bar us and arsenal look stronger than last year. Even if he brought in baines and fellaini and kept rooney I'd be feeling better than I do now
mwg

29th Jul 13 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
City have got it right?

I said they look to have. They needed strikers so they went out and bought them.

We need midfielders and we've gone out and bought no one so far
Hammer

29th Jul 13 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dzeko is better than Jovetic and Aguero is better than Negredo, sideways steps.

If United can't get someone like Fabregas they'd be as well sticking with what they have, signing players that don't improve the first team will get you nowhere.
mwg

29th Jul 13 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still if they have injuries or a run of poor form to Dzeko & Aguero at least now they have alternatives. So they've strengthened their squad in that respect.
Robbo

29th Jul 13 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Porto pull in absolute fortunes. You would think someone would pinch their scouting staff or just copy their model of raping the South American markets and punting them on for ten times what they bought them for.
aye! only thing they do that we cant tho is the whole 3rd party ownership thing but look at bernard, looks like a good young player and a really decent prospect. he either comes to us for say £20m () or goes to Porto for maybs a bit less then they potentislly sell hm on for £25-30m in a few seasons, yet no big clubs seem to want to take this risk?! Why did so many established clubs let Atletico pick up Falcao from Porto with his record. Odd really. Benfica are another top top team at doing that, they have Garay, Gaitan and Salvio all on their books who cthey could probs pick up £50m+ for if they sold em all
Robbo

29th Jul 13 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DC90
I'm slightly worried that moyes has come out to say the squad he has is enough to win the league. To me that has 'we're signing no one' all over it
dont worry, wenger siad the other day that he wanted as many top players a spossible but that he thought we could challeneg as we were ofc he cant come out and say we're shit but still :/ we are weaker than last seaosn at present just due to the sheer voilume of players out. crap players, admittedly, but if we pick up shit loads of injuries then we have very little in the way of backup
mwg

29th Jul 13 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's one thing, in terms of numbers we are ok still. But I'd like more quality.

Can't understand why a top midfielder doesn't look at Man United and think I could have a guaranteed starting place in that team and probably win loads of trophies with the rest of the team that would be around them. Surely that's appealing! Or do we not want to spend the money
Robbo

29th Jul 13 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe the fergie effect :S but then thats catch 22 for you guys...
DaSess

29th Jul 13 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All talk at Sunderland is of players leaving keep hearing lee cattermole being linked with hull but wages could be an issue, also hear that Celtic are targeting James mcclean & looks like Steven fletcher a out till September with his ankle so were more than likely keeping Conor wickham, unless he brings in a striker but cant see it tbh.
p

29th Jul 13 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only just realised that Bale is actually 24 if Real Madrid come in with a huge bid, the guy should leave with out a doubt at his age. He's only one big injury away from never having that opportunity again.
Robbo

29th Jul 13 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

*sounds* like hes nailed on off to madrid. Ronaldo, Benzema and Bale is a pretty scary front 3 prospect :/
Robbo

29th Jul 13 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that said, FFP is a joke if they do it... £30m each on Illarra and Isco with £45m maybs back from Napoli + potential £80m+ for Bale = +£100m net spend :/
Robbo

29th Jul 13 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gonna be an odd deal tho as cannot for the life of me seeing players like coentrao and di maria (esp) wanting to go to a Bale-less Spurs... they;d be better banking it and using it toward the stadium tbh

spuds will struggle to attract really good players without Bale IMO, if they get Soldado in first and a decent LB form somewhere theyd be doing good, then let him go
mwg

29th Jul 13 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
maybe the fergie effect :S but then thats catch 22 for you guys...

I'm not just talking about under Moyes, it was the same when Fergie was there we hardly set the world alight with our midfield signings in the past few years. Can't work out why we haven't had someone really decent come in.
Hammer

29th Jul 13 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If Spurs get anything close to 100 million as is being discussed they will have pulled off the biggest transfer coup in history. As good as he's become he's not worth that amount of money.

Amazing to think this is the same guy that was getting shipped off to Birmingham for 3 million a few years ago because he was shit.
p

29th Jul 13 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bale potentially could be one of the biggest fails ever if he does go for the rumoured price.... I'm not doubting how the guy has developed, because he's developed in to a beast of a footballer, but to think he's worth around 80 million pounds is utter, utter madness.

Amazing to think, though, when he was a full back at Southampton and to how his development has shot on from there. The different positions he has played and how his game has changed is pretty remarkable.

I think in this day and age, even at this astronomical price, around 50 million (I guess) is probably more 'logical' yet even that's still an insane price.
mwg

29th Jul 13 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think Bale is at the same level Ronaldo was when he was sold for £80m
Cavey

29th Jul 13 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He's not, but I think he could get there. Its tough to put a price on him tbf, he's worth more than Cavani in my eyes, but he also went for way more than he's worth.

Worth as much as Suarez? Probably, they both carried their teams last year, and Bale is younger, plays a different role, so makes it even harder to value him.

Ronaldo is probably the only player you can compare him to, and yes not at that standard. Yet. He's got the attributes to get to near that level, I think 50m is probably fair for him.

It will hurt spurs a lot, and they'll have to spend a good portion of the money to make sure they keep up 6th, let alone pushing for 4th. But for the rumoured money they should definitely get rid.
mwg

29th Jul 13 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah these other players selling for over inflated prices definitely mess up the prices of other people. He's better than Torres so should be worth more but then Torres was over priced at £50m
Robbo

29th Jul 13 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£60m IMO (hes not wortrh that but hey ho)
p

29th Jul 13 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bernard close to signing for Porto.... So expect him to be sold for 40 odd million in a few years, then!
Robbo

29th Jul 13 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

grrrrz
Robbo

29th Jul 13 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wenger better have Cesc lined up otherwise we are deathly short (Zelalem/Gnabry aside but they're 16/17) esp when you consider Diaby and Rosicky are massively injury prone!
Hammer

29th Jul 13 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
I don't think Bale is at the same level Ronaldo was when he was sold for £80m

Ronaldo is one of the all time greats, Bale will never be mentioned in the same breath despite becoming a world class player almost over night.
Steve
Premium Member

29th Jul 13 at 15:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mega flop in the making here

<<  68    69    70    71    72    73    74  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official Summer Transfer Thread 23 database queries in 0.0345340 seconds