corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official Summer Transfer Thread

New Poll
  <<  69    70    71    72    73    74    75  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Official Summer Transfer Thread
DC90

User status: Offline
29th Jul 13 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I actually think he will do really well in Spain. Not worth the money mentioned but he will definitely do well
p

29th Jul 13 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Mega flop in the making here

I dunno if it can be said as a 'mega flop' or the potential to 'mega flop' but it's something along those lines.... The expectations of that white shirt and those Madrid fans is astronomical, and Bale would certainly have shit loads of pressure. If he doesn't perform to the standard those fans expect and the media, he'll be in some trouble. The price tag on his shoulders wouldn't exactly be comfortable, either.

I mean look at Kaka as well.... I guess he was 'finished' when he went to Madrid, though. Huge price tag, huge expectation, and by and large didn't live up to any of it.

Bale is of course a different situation, but interesting nonetheless.
Eck
Premium Member

29th Jul 13 at 16:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As long as Bale doesn't get a horror injury I think he will do well. The main part of his game is unbelievable pace. If he keeps that, defenders won't get near him.
Cavey

29th Jul 13 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kick and run merchant according to Steve, so he'll do fine over there. You can kick and run past anyone if you're quick enough
Robbo

29th Jul 13 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thiago Silva signed new contract with PSG - might lead Barca to go back in for Hummels!
Marc

29th Jul 13 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wouldn't be surprised if Bale mirrored Owen's time at RM if he went. IE bit of a flop.
DC90

30th Jul 13 at 06:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ferdinand now saying in interviews we are good enough to win with our current squad. Ffs
Marc

30th Jul 13 at 07:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Happened before:

Originally posted by Cosmo:
I really think United are going to struggle this year.

Nismo

30th Jul 13 at 07:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bale has come on so much its unreal, as a spurs fan i firmly believe without him we are fucked, if they do offer 80m+ then we would be mad not to sell him, but we have to replace him with someone, and tbh i dont think there is anyone out there that we can replace him with that plays a similar game as him that is available or can be tempted away from another club, especially with our wage cap in place.

Levy has cut short is family holiday to meet with him so im guessing thats a pretty solid sign that hes off, i think the only thing possibly keeping him in this country is his mrs and baby, wether he wants to up root them, but like most people every body has a price, and also we have a new stadium to finance so could be a good thing, bigger better stadium see's ticket sales increase and in turn more revenue to allow us to increase the wage cap and purchases.

Steve
Premium Member

30th Jul 13 at 07:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DC90
Ferdinand now saying in interviews we are good enough to win with our current squad. Ffs

Perhaps the prem but not the cl
Ben J

30th Jul 13 at 07:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With time ticking, deep into the transfer window, and no signings of note.....where's Arsene?........

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

[Edited on 30-07-2013 by Ben J]
mwg

30th Jul 13 at 07:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mwg

30th Jul 13 at 07:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why do you look at me? cos you're on a water slide Arsene
Ben J

30th Jul 13 at 07:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbf that's an old picture but it feels a bit like that at the mo. Sure he's working hard behind the scenes tho!

[Edited on 30-07-2013 by Ben J]
mwg

30th Jul 13 at 07:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hope for your sake that he's not working as hard as we are on signing a quality player
Steve
Premium Member

30th Jul 13 at 07:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fucking hell, funny bones on a slide
Ben J

30th Jul 13 at 07:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
fucking hell, funny bones on a slide

He's a fucking athlete mate.
Steve
Premium Member

30th Jul 13 at 07:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Arsene Wenger:

"Im pleased to announce we have made a signing, we are going to sign this French Waterslide"

[Edited on 30-07-2013 by Steve]
Robbo

30th Jul 13 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like Chuks Aneke may be heading back to Crewe (not clear if loan or permanent)

Also sounds like we might be swapping Bendtner () plus a bit of cash for Jesus Gamez of Malaga, a RB. That would mean most likely Sagna starting at RB with Jenks/Gamez fighting it out (a la Gibbs/Monreal) with Sagna also operating as cover for CB, most likely meaning no more interest in Williams.

IMO, Sagna has lost that bit of pace with his leg breaks and also his passing isnt so good. Best to keep him around as starting option then transition towards Jenks with Gamez as cover. Sagna will more likely play more at CB i think esp in the interim. Also have Bellerin in the background but he needs a loan before he'll be anywhere near the first team.

Interestign move, sounds like a typicla Arsenal move
Robbo

30th Jul 13 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PS rather like Monreal, i know very little about this guy other than that he is Malaga captain IIRC form the CL games.
Hammer

30th Jul 13 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
Bale has come on so much its unreal, as a spurs fan i firmly believe without him we are fucked, if they do offer 80m+ then we would be mad not to sell him, but we have to replace him with someone, and tbh i dont think there is anyone out there that we can replace him with that plays a similar game as him that is available or can be tempted away from another club, especially with our wage cap in place.

Levy has cut short is family holiday to meet with him so im guessing thats a pretty solid sign that hes off, i think the only thing possibly keeping him in this country is his mrs and baby, wether he wants to up root them, but like most people every body has a price, and also we have a new stadium to finance so could be a good thing, bigger better stadium see's ticket sales increase and in turn more revenue to allow us to increase the wage cap and purchases.

Clubs move on, United haven't been fucked since Ronaldo left. A better player, a better goalscorer and a guy that assists much more than Bale.

Spurs would be batshit crazy to even think about turning down the figures being touted.
Robbo

30th Jul 13 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think Spurs will be torn though as to whether to use the cash to strengthen the squad or to us eit to start funding the stadium
AlexSXI

30th Jul 13 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I absolutely love Bale, no doubt he's the best player I've seen in a Spurs shirt, BUT, every player surely has his price, and the rumour of 60m euros, Di Maria & Coentrao is just too good to turn down, every a cash deal of above £60m, again, surely is too good to turn down.

I put no blame on Bale, Real are one of the biggest, if not the biggest club in the world, of course he wants to play for them. I just don't like the way they use their paper Marca to spout bullshit.

The ideal situation for this for me would be the 60m euros + Coentrao & Di Maria.

I'd use it to build this team: Lloris, Walker-Dawson-Vertonghen-Coentrao, Paulinho-Sandro-Dembele, Chadli-Soldado-Di Maria (which I believe is a stronger XI than the current with Bale).

30m euros on Soldado. The rest funding the stadium.

Everyone's happy
AlexSXI

30th Jul 13 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or he could just stay, we could spend £30m of our own money on Soldado and keep BAE left back.
Robbo

30th Jul 13 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Coentrao perhaps, but di Maria is much better than Spurs without Bale

<<  69    70    71    72    73    74    75  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official Summer Transfer Thread 23 database queries in 0.0775371 seconds