corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Strange graphics card problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Strange graphics card problem
Reecemac

User status: Offline
   7th Mar 13 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just built a new gaming pc (Z77-3DH Mobo, I7-3770K Processor, 16gb ram, GTX 660 TI etc) I've updated the bios and all drivers but am still having a strange problem, I keep getting the "TDR" error, where the screen turns black for 2 seconds and comes back on and says "Display driver stopped responding etc" now this can be caused by hardware and software, Ive tried tonnes of fixes all to no avail but I accidentally found out that if the internet is turned off it works perfect with no errors at all. Very odd and I cannot get my head round it!
Dom

7th Mar 13 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably dodgy Nvidia drivers as i've seen the issue in dual GPU setups on Laptops and swapping to the other GPU (integrated GPU) had appeared to eliminate the issue.
Although i'd start doing T&E on hardware just to rule out another dodgy and test the 660 in another system to both rule out that isn't dodgy as well as seeing if you can replicate the problem with the same drivers. After that, see if there is a Windows hotfix/patch for the issue otherwise start rolling through different versions of Nvidia driver.
Reecemac

7th Mar 13 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've tried loads of drivers (deleting old ones first) and thats not changed anything. I guess the obvious thing would be to try in another computer (gotta make a trip to my mates). Still find it really odd how an Internet connection can cause the driver to crash.
andy_mk3

7th Mar 13 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I seem to remember having a problem like this. Have you tried updating or using different drivers for your ethernet/wireless?

Also make sure all chipset drivers are installed.
Dom

7th Mar 13 at 23:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

By "internet is turned off", is that switching off the router, or unplugging the ethernet cable/disconnecting WiFi dongle or are you actually disabling the ethernet port under Windows?

Andy could have a point in that different ethernet/wireless drivers might help - obviously check manufacturer site and use what they recommend.
Richie

8th Mar 13 at 02:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As Dom said do you

1. Disable the ethernet adapter
2. Unplug the LAN cable
3. Turn off the internet but keep the LAN port connected / alive with link
Reecemac

8th Mar 13 at 03:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've updated all drivers. If the ethernet cable is plugged into the switch without an internet connection it works fine, it's only when the computer connects to the internet. Doing my head in, purely because it just doesn't make sense lol.
Reecemac

8th Mar 13 at 03:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gonna dig out a usb wifi stick and connect using that just to rule out the port, even though like I said if the port is connected to the network and not the internet it works fine.
Richie

8th Mar 13 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Which Atheros driver are you using?

The latest Gigabyte one is 2.1.0.7 but Atheros are on 2.1.0.15 for the AR8151.

New Poll