corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Problem with graphics card on PC. Can anyway help?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Problem with graphics card on PC. Can anyway help?
thegsi

User status: Offline
24th Feb 13 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My PC kept crashing and I diagnosed it to a faulty graphics card. I bought a new graphics card and installed it but I was still getting problems. I also have an external sound card which I use for recording guitar and when this is plugged in, the computer refuses to load correctly. When ever I unplug it, the PC seems to work fine. The sound card is connected via USB so it seems strange that the two cards won't work together. I've Checked the sound card on a different PC and its perfect. Anyone got any ideas what could be wrong?
Root

24th Feb 13 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you have a fairly low voltage power supply? Under 400w is a bit low for todays standards.

This can cause crashing, as the graphics card cannot extract the power from the PSU that it needs to operate proprerly.
_Allan_

24th Feb 13 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you also have the very latest drivers for both card? Some bugs are often fixed in a later driver that s newer than the ones that even come on the CD etc..
thegsi

25th Feb 13 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh a mate of mine who is an IT guy mentioned the power supply and how it might struggle to power both cards.

Allan: Yeh both cards have had the latest drivers put on too

New Poll