corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Wifi

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Wifi
Brett
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   2nd Dec 11 at 16:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, not a massive deal, but just curious.

Basically got a wireless N router and N card in the PC. It did connect at 300mbps no problem as it's only across the same room. I've installed another card in there now (graphics) and now it'll only do 270mbps

Not that it's a massive difference but I'd rather it was 300 still Would the new card have that effect?

Might be worth mentioning it's a small PC, so the machine itself only has the one slot on the motherboard but then there's another card coming out of that which splits it into two slots. Obviously I've only been running the one card in there (wifi) up until I put this graphics card in.

Any suggestions? I must admit, I haven't taken the graphics back out to check as it's a mega ass ache
John

2nd Dec 11 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Graphics card maybe generating enough noise to weaken the signal a bit?
Sam
Premium Member

2nd Dec 11 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could try changing wireless channels - I did this recently when I set up two new wireless routers/access points in my house because the default channel wouldn't push out 300Mbps.

I think you've got channels 1, 6 and 11 to play with IIRC.
Brett
Premium Member

2nd Dec 11 at 16:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Graphics card maybe generating enough noise to weaken the signal a bit?
Possibly, what I was thinking.

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
You could try changing wireless channels - I did this recently when I set up two new wireless routers/access points in my house because the default channel wouldn't push out 300Mbps.

I think you've got channels 1, 6 and 11 to play with IIRC.

Already had that covered since I set it up mate

Curiously, when I first installed the graphics card, the wifi would connect but say "limited". Came to sort it this afternoon and now it's obviously connecting fine but at 270mbps. Weird.
Brett
Premium Member

2nd Dec 11 at 16:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

....saying that, it said limited before I'd installed the graphics card proper Nvidia drivers. When it was just using the ones windows had it would only do 8bit colour and basically not work right. This afternoon I installed the proper drivers but had to do it via USB stick because the wifi wouldn't work.

New Poll