corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » The iPhone 4S, 5, 5S and 6g4s Thread

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The iPhone 4S, 5, 5S and 6g4s Thread
Nismo

User status: Offline
24th Aug 11 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right seeing as it looks to be coming in Mid Oct and we are nearlly in Sep might aswell start a thread on it, Im only starting the thread as John is busy trying to locate an iPad 2 somewhere.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/08/23/iphone-5-coming-to-sprint-other-carriers-in-mid-october/

Wall street Journal is a pretty good source they always seem to be pretty bang on with there stuff.

[Edited on 04-10-2011 by Nismo]
Dom

24th Aug 11 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Be interesting to see if they managed to get the A5 in there as they were apparently having cooling issues with it. When is the annoucement anyways, at WDC?
Nismo

24th Aug 11 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure, Apple have said no staff holiday at the end of sep

http://gizmodo.com/5826470/latest-rumor-points-to-october-launch-for-iphone-5
Rob_Quads

24th Aug 11 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lots of the apple shops are increasing thier staffing levels from Sept -> Dec for a new "product launch"

I'm guessing end-sept/early oct there will be an announment and it will be a "available tommorow" one too.

Think it will be a few weeks yet as we are due another IOS5 beta before the GA version (going on previous releases) and i would expect them to push out IOS5 the week before/same time.
John

24th Aug 11 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iPad 3 for me, also phone renewal time in a couple of months so very interested in this.
Nismo

24th Aug 11 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A2H GO

24th Aug 11 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I done my eBay advert for my iPhone 4 last night. Undecided when to list it.

Don't want put it on too early and have use a shit phone for 6 weeks but don't want put it on too late and loose money because iP5 gets announced and everyone decides to wait.

[Edited on 24-08-2011 by A2H GO]
Jambo

24th Aug 11 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There was an article in the DM about a "cut price iPhone4" with only 8gb of mem being manafactured in China. Which is OBV the smaller mem re-release of the 4 due to launch same time as the 4gs/5.

So its deffo coming!
Jambo

24th Aug 11 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2029194/Apple-release-cheaper-iPhone-4-smaller-memory-weeks.html
John

24th Aug 11 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't see how much cheaper they can make it with 8gb less memory, 8gb probably cost about a fiver for apple.
Hammer

24th Aug 11 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Phone renewal in November, can see me ending up with a fly phone.
Nismo

24th Aug 11 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
I can't see how much cheaper they can make it with 8gb less memory, 8gb probably cost about a fiver for apple.

My point exactly, halving the memory wont half the price
John

24th Aug 11 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They make massive profit on each one anyway so they could technically bring the price down quite a bit.

Depends if they want to get iPhone's literally everywhere or not.
Bart

24th Aug 11 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bare in mind, October is inline with the ipod refresh.
Im not sure if a new iphone5 will be launched or not, given whats happened to the economy and limited manufacturing due to earthquakes etc.

Theres rumors of a cheaper iphone4 being launched, which would certainly fall inline with the above, its going to be easier to make, not necessarly new parts etc.
I hope we do get a new one though

Anyone know when the apple TV will get a refresh?
John

24th Aug 11 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There will be a new iPhone, no chance they'll leave it 2 years, it was still a surprise it didn't come out earlier in the year.

They'll have plenty supply of everything they need, disasters at a major manufacturing plant will have been taken into account years ago.
mwg

24th Aug 11 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was just looking at the prices of the iPhone 4 before to get an idea of how much its going to set me back for the next one. Didn't realise how much more expensive than the 16GB they were!
andys sxi
Premium Member

24th Aug 11 at 14:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they need to hurry up and tell us when the new 1 is defintly coming out im due a upgrade about the 22nd of septemeber

April 08 feature car
R Lee

24th Aug 11 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm over mobile phone hypes now.
Is it going to be thattttttttttttttt much better than the iPhone4?

No.
Nismo

24th Aug 11 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no. but iOS5 is much better.
Hammer

24th Aug 11 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by R Lee
I'm over mobile phone hypes now.

The way it consumes certain peoples lives is ridiculous. The world revolves around an annual phone release.
Bart

24th Aug 11 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is unbelievable...

quote:

A Dutch court has granted a preliminary injunction, filed by Apple, which bans the sale of some Samsung smartphones in the European Union. While the injunction does not relate to the Galaxy Tab line of Samsung tablets, it does prevent the sale of the Galaxy S, Galaxy S II and Galaxy Ace Android devices. The decision was made after the hearing held on August 10 and 11.

As FOSS Patents points out, the injunction only applies to countries where one specific European software patent applies. It also does not restrict Samsung’s Korean parent company from distributing devices outside The Netherlands, however this will be difficult due to Samsung using the country as a hub for shipments to the rest of Europe.

The decision will come into effect in seven weeks; however Samsung will no doubt appeal this injunction. Also worthy of note is that FOSS Patents mentions that “at a first look it seems that the court has a skeptical perspective on a couple of the software patents asserted by Apple.”

This is the second preliminary injunction that has been granted in favour of Apple and against Samsung in the EU – the first being the ban on the Galaxy Tab 10.1 granted by a German court. Since then, the ban has been temporarily lifted as evidence has been reportedly falsified by Apple and Samsung has claimed that the iPad design could be derived from the film 2001: A Space Odyssey.

[Edited on 24-08-2011 by Bart]
Dom

24th Aug 11 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Granted most companies sue others for patent infringements but the recent lot by Apple is extremely petty. Although i can tell if Apple are just being royal cunts or they are actually shitting it due to competition. Still it's pretty funny that Samsung pointed out the similarities with Space Odyssey; they do look similar to todays tablets
Jambo

24th Aug 11 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thecheaper iPhone4 being released is just the 8gb version which they always do to the older model upon release of the new one. Same was with the 3g/3gs. Its only cheaper as they make it availible on smaller plans etc.
Ant B

24th Aug 11 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i spoke to the man in the o2 shop yesterday and he thinks it might be cheaper than the 4 when that came out.
also im not due an upgrade till next year so im hoping by the the 4 will be cheap cheap or the 5 will be the price of a 4 now
C2RL R

24th Aug 11 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still got over a year to run on my existing iPhone 4 contract. Feel like I've had it for ages!

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll