corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa C 1.3 cdti - Limp mode?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa C 1.3 cdti - Limp mode?
Xs

User status: Offline
27th Jan 13 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Having an issue with this car just now. It's been sat about a month and when I have went to use it the car with a spanner light has came on and the turbo won't kick in and it only revs to about 3k rpm. On the instrument panel it seems that the temp gauge isn't working properly and where the mileage is displayed has gone a bit wonky, it's showing parts of it bright as normal and some faded.

I should also mention that there has been a little bit of water getting into the passenger footwell, carpet is slightly damp. Could water have got into the electrics and has caused an issue or is there something else it's likely to be?

[Edited on 27-01-2013 by Xs]
shaunmods
Premium Member

27th Jan 13 at 21:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is the spanner light still on mate? If so I'd find out what that's on for first. If you haven't got an OBD scanner you can flash the codes manually. Tutorial here -

http://www.allcorsa.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/check-fault-codes-11239.html

Wet passenger footwell is usually the body control module which is behind the battery
Xs

27th Jan 13 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The light went off after a bit, but came back on when I started the car again. Will need to see if I can get someone that can read the codes.

How do I fix the water getting in? Is it a gromit or something at the control module?
JoshSRi

27th Jan 13 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The water leak is probably coming from the brake servo seal. You could try bashing loads of silicone sealer around it and see if it stops it.
Xs

28th Jan 13 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I will get the battery out at the weekend then and have a look at that, cheers.

Has anyone any ideas on why the display for the mileage will have went faded and unreadable?

New Poll