corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » bit of advice please!!!!!!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author bit of advice please!!!!!!!
gavin2409

User status: Offline
30th Aug 12 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi i have recently purchased a 07 combo 1.3 cdti.
engine management light came on yesterday and van went into limp mode. so took it too kwik fit today for diagnostic test!
they came back with dpf is either blocked or the sensor has malfunctioned causing van to constantly run in limp mode
looking on net i have read a few things like to regen motor it needs to b run for 20mins with revs not to go under 2k...
so my questions are
should i run van even tho its in limp mode?
would it be sensor or actually a blocked dpf?
would it be best to have dpf removed and ecu remapped?

thanks in advance if any1 can help

ive also done the pedal test and had 1530 and 1901 if this helps i got
P1530 A/C Relay
Voltage High Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning System B-017
... P1901
Particulate Filter Pressure Sensor Hose Line Malfunction B-031 ...
Joey 1.6 sport

30th Aug 12 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your best bet is to get van on a tech 2 at maindealer normally once they go into limp mode they will need to go on machine
gavin2409

30th Aug 12 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah looking to take to vauxhall but expecting a hefty bill?
any1 know a rough price on changing the dpf and also a price on just the sensor
Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

30th Aug 12 at 20:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

These particulate filters are a pain in the arse, dads signum had loads of issues with the DPF & going into limp mode, he'd tried plugging it into a machine to clear the codes and running it to regen the filter. it would work for a short while and run fine but not long enough to regen. In the end think he'd changed the sensor & Particulate filter Amoungst other things

[Edited on 30-08-2012 by Danny W]

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

30th Aug 12 at 20:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Combo is same engine, same year, I've had the DPF block up twice in the nearly 40k I've done. Both times the garage over the road gave me some additive meant for clearing the DPF, drive it round for a while, ideally on a motorway run and it's cleared. I've drove mine loads in limp mode due to the DPF and it's been fine, first time it went into limp mode I was in Portsmouth (about 4 hours away), drove home no bother, on Tuesday I drove to London (3 1/4 hours) in limp mode which seemed to clear the DPF because it's been fine for the 5-600 miles I've done since.

The limp mode tends to clear itself when it's ready, as with the light so I'd say try and get some DPF additive, you just put it in the tank and try and drive it at over 2k. it's never cleared by the end of the tank for me though, I've probably used another 2 tanks of fuel before it clears but once it does, you'll start it one day, the light will go off and it'll be out of limp mode.
John

30th Aug 12 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go for a half an hour drive and stay a gear lower than you should be in, preferably up a motorway.
gavin2409

31st Aug 12 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just bought some additive from local suppliers hopefully works!!!! as long as I can drive in limp mode I can burn that off.
Am i deffinately allowed to drive in limp mode?
Thanks for your info guys
Jas

1st Sep 12 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We've mapped around so many cars with DPF in the last 12months.. nightmare they are

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » bit of advice please!!!!!!! 23 database queries in 0.0116680 seconds