corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Semi limp mode?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Semi limp mode?
antnee

User status: Offline
18th Aug 09 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A friend has a 2004 Audi A3 2.0tdi (140 I believe) with DSG. Now he's not totally clued up on cars, but from what he's told me I think it keeps going into limp mode, but at random times.

He says that sometimes when it happens, he restarts it and its fine, other times he has to wait a while (he says 2 hours ). He told me that its had a diagnostic check and it came back fine, with no faults at all, which is the bit that's really confusing me. If the car goes into limp mode surely it would be something electronical controlled/sensored by the ECU to then send it to limp?

Although, if it is going into limp mode would the EML come on?
Brett
Premium Member

18th Aug 09 at 19:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What exactly happens? He's driving and it cuts out?

If it went into limp there'd be no power and the eml would be on yeah.

Cheapest way is to buy a £10 vagcom lead off ebay and can do diagnostics that way. Could also run it on live logging mode to see what's happening.

[Edited on 18-08-2009 by loafofbrett]
mattfiesta

18th Aug 09 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mates 57 plate 170 tdi is always doing it and has been back to audi loads, hes sick of it.
antnee

18th Aug 09 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Power is limited, says he can only do about 50-60mph

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Semi limp mode? 22 database queries in 0.0077670 seconds