corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » rear brake load compensator- removal

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author rear brake load compensator- removal
gav93

User status: Offline
25th Jan 13 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had the car up on the ramps and looking over the brakes , noticed because my car is really low about a 100mm drop (lowest ive seen in my area )the rear brake load compensator has obviously knackerd itself out, oh and the rear locks up more easily .

I plan on redoing all the brake lines and hoses- but i have read a few things about ditching away the rear load compensator, and the rear end being more planted, can anyone confirm that? As when i redo the lines i may as well do away with it ?

any help appreciated
Jamie-C

25th Jan 13 at 23:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea just do away with it, there useless anyway
corsa-torque

25th Jan 13 at 23:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As said just bin it, it's of no real use
davegreen
Premium Member

26th Jan 13 at 06:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some smaller engined b's didnt have the load compensating valve but use restrictors instead located on yhe inner sill at l/h rear of the car. these restrictors can also be found on corsa c's without abs mounted where the abs would be mounted. you will still get the rears locking up without these.
andy_mk3

26th Jan 13 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah you'll need the in-line compensator valves, else you'll get even more rear locking which is dangerous.
gav93

26th Jan 13 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im getting 2 sides of the story here guys 2 are saying do away 2 are saying dont!?!? :@
davegreen
Premium Member

26th Jan 13 at 18:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do away with the adjustable one but fit the restrictor type valves instead.
tobyc20xe

26th Jan 13 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As dave says do away with it and fit one you can adjust yourself! Can ne fitted in the engine bay,ones everything is done take it out for a drive for testing and adjust as needed.
gav93

26th Jan 13 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where can i get the type i need from guys? any links? and this can be put where ever i want in that line i.e i can put it in the engine bay as long as it stays in that line? doesnt affect where i put it basically? cheers for the help
tobyc20xe

26th Jan 13 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ino a lad on here uses a bias one in the engine bay, on the brake pipe before the four way spliter. He used it on his track corsa so must of worked well. In the engine bay would be the best place for it bud.
gav93

26th Jan 13 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate got a link to one i need by any chance? and it just plumbs into that line basically, just instead of being under the rear beam it will be in the engine bay making adjustment easy?
tobyc20xe

26th Jan 13 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't find a link sorry bud google it lol,yes just that means you can take it for a drive for testing and just lift the bonnet to adjust it .
gav93

26th Jan 13 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

like this
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brake-Proportion-Valve-Adjustable-Prop-Valve-Brake-Bias-Adjuster-Knob-Type-/380472580603?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5895eed9fb

?
seems good enough to plumb in, hmmmmmm
tobyc20xe

26th Jan 13 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks about right yeah bud.
daine
Premium Member

27th Jan 13 at 16:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Put the restrictor type on mine Gav, they work a treat! the one your showing off ebay are
good but for track use only, the car will fail MOT with this on.
Ian
Site Administrator

27th Jan 13 at 16:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gav93
im getting 2 sides of the story here guys 2 are saying do away 2 are saying dont!?!? :@

You will need some form of restrictor valve as you're removing the device that is doing that currently.

The OE one is no good once the car is lowered, but you can't cut it out completely without making alternative arrangements.

Slightly different on ABS cars but non-ABS it will lock up.

New Poll