corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Brake compensator for when lowering suspension?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Brake compensator for when lowering suspension?
J20PHL

User status: Offline
26th Dec 04 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am lowering my car by 60mm, in the Max power haynes manual for a corsa it says that the rear brake pressure regulator will need to be adjusted.

Does this need to be done??

Does any firm produce whats known as a brake compensator for lowered suspension?
Mistamist

26th Dec 04 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just loosen it then slacken the spring totally, then tighten it.
corsa_jim

26th Dec 04 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes mate i droped mine 50mm and got away with just setting it to the extent of the adjustment and it brakes ok but 60 you probs will hav to make the plates up like in the max haynes easy to do tho i just dident coz i was limitted to time @work

Jim
MartynShort

26th Dec 04 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as far as i know mines never beeen adjusted at all and its lowered 60mm! doesnt lock up or anything tho
corsa_jim

26th Dec 04 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mist be stuck in the normal position id get it checked mate coz if it frees off n 1 wet day itl spinn you round
Corsa^Dan

26th Dec 04 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine aint got 1
Ian
Site Administrator

27th Dec 04 at 15:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They can be adjusted, at 60mm probably to its fullest extent. Get under the car and you'll see how it works and what needs doing. Its only one nut holds the adjuster.

Make sure to test as well, in a big empty car park.

New Poll