corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » The Lowdown on Lowering

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Lowdown on Lowering
Mikorsa16v

User status: Offline
28th Apr 03 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lowering Information:

Brake Bias Info
from what i have heard the brake bias valve doesnt need adjusting on the smaller engined corsas: the 1.2 16v and less as the bias controller is not effected by lowering suspension and adjusts itself, once lowered.
Any motors with bigger engines than this will need the brake bias adjusting. This, apparently is fairly easy to do as long as you have a ramp

Lowering Without Uprated Shocks
This is apparently not good as it will shorten the life of the standard GM shocks. I have heard the reason why places sell just springs is to match them with their own brand shocks if bought seperatly.

Lowering With Uprated Shocks
This is the best way to lower your motor as the springs are made for the shocks and vice versa.

If anyone can add any more information to this thread, it will be grateful, so this could be in the tutorials as i couldnt find any relevant search material under searching.

If anyone mechanically minded can explain if lowering puts unessesary strain on any other components like drive shafts etc, cos i would like to know!
RickV6

User status: Offline
28th Apr 03 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wheel Alignment
After fitting yer nice new suspension and wheels and tyres spend a few quid on a wheel alignment, ideally a four wheel one, it will pay for its self as you'll get no uneven or rapid tyre wear and it'll handle much nicer

New Poll