corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Subaru Impreza WRX STI *SOLD*

New Poll
  <<  77    78    79    80    81    82    83  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Subaru Impreza WRX STI *SOLD*
CORSA NUT

User status: Offline
2nd Apr 15 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds amazing now

Got to say that wheel is looks sweet
Kyle T
Premium Member

3rd Apr 15 at 20:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers gents, it does indeed sound rather fun

On the topic of sound, I had my prodrive backbox back on. Aced the static test and not a single warning for drivebys - so will probably stick with this exhaust setup for the forseeable.

Oil temps also well in order, didn't go above 85degrees whilst moving. Last year I was coming off track at 110 and climbing.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ben G

3rd Apr 15 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What do you keep doing with the fingers on your left hand? It looks like you're trying to play piano whilst driving

Great vid's, car sounds fantastic.
--ToM--

4th Apr 15 at 07:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does look well on track!

May just be the video quality but the dump valve sounds gay as fuck haha what one is it?
Kyle T
Premium Member

4th Apr 15 at 09:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
What do you keep doing with the fingers on your left hand? It looks like you're trying to play piano whilst driving

Great vid's, car sounds fantastic.

I've honestly got no idea, some sort of weird mannerism whilst deep in concentration I guess

I did badly graze my knuckle on that hand a few days earlier whilst fitting the APs... maybe something to do with that?

quote:
Originally posted by --ToM--
Does look well on track!

May just be the video quality but the dump valve sounds gay as fuck haha what one is it?

Nah the sound quality is pretty representative... it divides opinion I guess! There's no dump valve, just compressor stall you're hearing.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
--ToM--

4th Apr 15 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahhhhh sounds quite high pitched? I had a hks Ssqv is it? On mine was stupidly loud no need for it at all lol
Kyle T
Premium Member

4th Apr 15 at 09:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah when you're bombing along shifting at 7k it's quite a squeeler

At lower boost levels it's a much nicer flutter, you don't hear much of that on a track day video though

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

4th Apr 15 at 10:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Done a bit of work this morning, something I should have done months ago.

The Spec-C anti-surge assembly for the fuel pump I brought back from the US has been sitting on a shelf since I got back. Only the OEM fuel pump filter will fit in it, and as every Impreza ever sold has had a fuel pump replacement at sometime in its life - finding an OEM filter has proven rather difficult.

The Walbro filter is a close match, but not quite there - so today I took a dremel to the Spec-C tupperware to make it fit.

It won't be 100% effective as I needed to channel out a bit of plastic that was blocking my filter - so there's a small 1cm gap where fuel can slosh out, but it should be a drastic improvement I hope.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

15th Apr 15 at 10:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was tootling along to work yesterday, got about half a mile away and slowed down for traffic to hear a horrendous rattling coming from the front of the car somewhere.

Brakes still worked, but it sounded scary!

Got work, and found straight away that the pins that hold my brake pads in the calipers were half hanging out

Jacked the car up in the car park and pushed them back in, then got straight onto an e-mail with Ian @ Godspeed. He sent me a photo of what the pin should look like when fitted, recessed into the caliper about 5-7mm:

Turns out I'd just been hammering them in flush!

Got home and soon sorted it out with a punch and slightly bigger balls on the hammer, and luckily no bus stops were harmed in the learning of this lesson

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

15th Apr 15 at 11:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can get pins that have clips going through them too
djgritt
Premium Member

15th Apr 15 at 11:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I haven't seen this in the Car Park yet...
Wrighty

15th Apr 15 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This car is fkin quick
Kyle T
Premium Member

15th Apr 15 at 11:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh you on site now?! I'm in the gravel overflow today.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Simon_16v

15th Apr 15 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by djgritt
I haven't seen this in the Car Park yet...

Mini meet?
Kyle T
Premium Member

15th Apr 15 at 15:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VrsTurbo
You can get pins that have clips going through them too

Aye my brembos were like that.

Before realising I still had another few mm to drive them in, I was actually considering drilling them and putting my brembo retaining pins in - but this should be sorted now.

The pins have like a spring collar on them which evidently is driven into a hole which opens up after a certain depth. The ring expands into that gap, and hence is held in place.

Apparently they're a right pig to get out after few thousand miles of crud - so may knock them out and refit with some grease next time wheels are off.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
djgritt
Premium Member

15th Apr 15 at 16:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
Oh you on site now?! I'm in the gravel overflow today.

Yeah, but have been doing long days to try to keep our visit on track.

I also won't have seen it as I'm parking with the Mongos at North Gate every day.

quote:
Originally posted by Simon_16v
Mini meet?

Up for that. Not sure when/if I will get any time to do much else outside over the next few days though, which is pants
Kyle T
Premium Member

15th Apr 15 at 16:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah you won't see me up at the North gate. Where you staying?

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
djgritt
Premium Member

15th Apr 15 at 18:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
Yeah you won't see me up at the North gate. Where you staying?

Flitting between Wressle & Goole depending on availability (as there are a few of us here at a time!)
Kyle T
Premium Member

18th Apr 15 at 19:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did an oil change this morning, not done many miles on the last load of oil but the car has been driven hard pushing significantly more power than designed, so I thought a quick check of my oil filter contents wouldn't go amiss.

Looked smooth as butter anyway, no evidence of any nasties in the filter and the magnetic sump plug was clean as a whistle.

Got an oily thumb print on the car whilst lowering it back down, so had to wash it. Beautiful day for it. A helpful elderly neighbour also gave me some excellent advice.

"Be careful with that pressure washer kid, them Japs can't paint for shit"

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ben G

18th Apr 15 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At least you didn't get the typical ''you'll make it rain'' comment. Bore off you old codgers!
boylers11

18th Apr 15 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lovely car. I've enjoyed following this thread from the start.

Can't believe how shiny it looks in those last pics! Looks pretty epic covered in snow foam too!
Wrighty

19th Apr 15 at 02:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

AK

24th Apr 15 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

car sounds funny on boost

Kinda angry but waffly
ShEp

24th Apr 15 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Car sounds and looks awesome, Thats everything I'd want an impreza to be
Kyle T
Premium Member

25th Apr 15 at 20:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some kind words snuck in here, cheers chaps.

Nothing really to update, sold some bits on that I've been hoarding for a while to reverse my cash flow on the Impreza a bit

Really got nothing else nagging to spend money on, which is a weird feeling - but I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

Track day at Cadwell on wednesday next week, another rainy day scheduled but hoping for a turnaround.

The damp running at Oulton was fun, and I suppose the car wasn't getting pushed so hard which is always a good thing - but I'd like a dry and consistent day at Cadwell I think.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi

<<  77    78    79    80    81    82    83  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Subaru Impreza WRX STI *SOLD* 24 database queries in 0.1244090 seconds