corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sick Twitter User (@Rileyy_69)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sick Twitter User (@Rileyy_69)
Hammer

User status: Offline
31st Jul 12 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You don't threaten to kill an 18 year old whilst slagging his dead dad, on a public forum, on the day a documentary has aired about the relationship with his father and he is performing at a home olympics.

This may or may not be 'right' but the public will ensure there is swift action regardless.
Gary
Premium Member

31st Jul 12 at 13:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm pretty sure you'd all change your mind if you were in his situation. Just lost his father and some little knowall cunt starts spouting off about it to look clever on twatter.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
31st Jul 12 at 13:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think its bad, I'm not looking to be unsympathetic.

I just don't think mass of public opinion should be use to gauge what is worth attending. Out of interest, what does the actual victim think? Has anyone asked him or as we just going on what the whole country is now campaigning for because its on a bigger web site.
Hammer

31st Jul 12 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Daley has made his feeling public on more than one occasion and through more than one avenue.

You don't seem to be very clued up on the thing you are attempting to discuss?
Ian
Site Administrator

31st Jul 12 at 13:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I asked if anyone had asked him.

I'm not at all clued up on who has called who names, no.

Couldn't give a monkey's, I think its a load of balls.

But if he wants to make a complaint and the Police and public at large are happy to back him, sound.

At least the 17 year old will get a very stern talking to at the taxpayer's expense.
Gary
Premium Member

31st Jul 12 at 13:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian, you should know more than anyone what kids are getting like now.

At 17 i'd have never even thought to say something like that. With that attitude at his age hes going the wrong way in life.
Ian
Site Administrator

31st Jul 12 at 13:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Incidently, if you'd seen some of the shit that Paul Woodward, Jamie Cox, Josh Lockett and the rest of them have come out with over the years, you'd be more clued up on my position.

Bad people all over the place, why is this one guy now famous?
Ian
Site Administrator

31st Jul 12 at 13:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Ian, you should know more than anyone what kids are getting like now.

At 17 i'd have never even thought to say something like that. With that attitude at his age hes going the wrong way in life.

Of course, I've heard a lot myself. That's kind of my point - why is that guy so special. See my other post. Loads over the course of many years, I've got evidence of all of it, reported a lot of it, comes to nothing because I'm not a famous swimmer.
Gary
Premium Member

31st Jul 12 at 13:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And maybe because it wasn't there in black and white
Eddx14xe

31st Jul 12 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you think they would a rrest OJC for calling you a cunt?

Or any of us from this site for any abuse or threats that are posted?
Gary
Premium Member

31st Jul 12 at 13:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If enough people complained. yes.
Gary
Premium Member

31st Jul 12 at 13:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, not for calling me a shitcunt, but for a simelar offence
adiohead

31st Jul 12 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd like to get Big Eck arrested for calling me a tit.
Ben G

31st Jul 12 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jesus

people kicking up a fuss because people who get scammed on the internet don't fight their cause.

of course they don't want to know. they have about a million pages of bullshit to write out for every crime these days.
Ben G

31st Jul 12 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also, if you get scammed on the internet, it's your own fault.

i've been done before but only because i ignored all the warning signs. looking back, it was obvious.
Robin
Premium Member

31st Jul 12 at 13:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can't give offence, only take it.
Gary
Premium Member

31st Jul 12 at 13:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin

Very true. I'm all for being offended being your own fault. But when you start bringing dead parent into the mix, it's a little different
Robin
Premium Member

31st Jul 12 at 13:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, it's quite sad when you have to think 'will that get me in trouble' when posting on a free, public forum.

Like the guy who joked about blowing an airport up, I know it isn't the same but it's still stupid.
Gary
Premium Member

31st Jul 12 at 13:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I see where your coming from. But saying what he did should have never popped in his head. I think it shows his mentality
Robin
Premium Member

31st Jul 12 at 14:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
quote:
Originally posted by Robin

Very true. I'm all for being offended being your own fault. But when you start bringing dead parent into the mix, it's a little different

Yep, however, his dad is dead, my dad his dead. If someone said I'd let him down and they were going to piss on his grave, would the police get involved? No
Gary
Premium Member

31st Jul 12 at 14:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like i said. If enough people complained, yes.
Robin
Premium Member

31st Jul 12 at 14:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's the problem though, it should be they way. It should take 1 complaint, that's all.

If it is illegal, everyone should be treated equally.
Gary
Premium Member

31st Jul 12 at 14:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah your right. But nothing will change.
Paul_J

31st Jul 12 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It does humour me that they are arresting people for saying things on twitter these days.

If the kid in question had seen Daley in the street and hurled the abuse to his face, nothing would have come of it.

However, he sent a tweet (not a nice one granted) and got arrested.

- The thing is, it's not the act of sending the tweet that got him arrested, it was the viral element of the media surrounding the tweet (due to Tom's fame) which caused the police to get involved.

If this was an average person having abuse thrown at him, it's unlikely the police would have done anything.

So are the police now just enforcers for the large corporations, famous and rich? Or public servants for everyone?

As proven by Ian, if the case involved 'average joes' as the victims - it's ultimately going to be ignored.

We come from a time where the internet was a place of free speech, it was 'only the internet' and banter. It was always the way that if you didn't like something, simply don't read it / rise to it. However, we're now heading towards a sea of censorship and enforcement which could make the internet just as pedantic as the real world these days.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

31st Jul 12 at 15:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its called the communications act 2003.

quote:
Section 127(1)(a) relates to a message that is grossly offensive or of an indecent, obscene or menacing character.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sick Twitter User (@Rileyy_69) 22 database queries in 0.0141020 seconds