corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sick Twitter User (@Rileyy_69)

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sick Twitter User (@Rileyy_69)
GB123
Premium Member

User status: Offline
31st Jul 12 at 20:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope not you Ian, that was at Edd.
Kyle T
Premium Member

31st Jul 12 at 20:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
Remember the moshgirl photoshops for example? The Legal system got involved with that because it went completely viral and the lass couldn't go anywhere without being mocked and bullied.

When it was out of the spotlight and just on a few select forums, nobody cared.

Exactly, except in my example the bit no one cares about is actual fraud in which people have lost actual money.

Yeah indeed, I said previously that I'd rate theft, fraud, vandalism, etc all "heavier" crimes than bullying/abuse regardless of the "audience".

Sticks and Stones n' all that.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Eddx14xe

31st Jul 12 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not defending him, I already said that back on page 3 or something. I just thinks it's unfair how it's been dealt with because he's famous and it's in the public eye.
Rob_Quads

31st Jul 12 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Formal warning and released

nothing to see here - back to normal again
Gary
Premium Member

31st Jul 12 at 21:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bet his arse is still going 20p 50p though
Steve
Premium Member

31st Jul 12 at 21:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Waste of time more a police pr stunt
Gary
Premium Member

31st Jul 12 at 21:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will have only taken a few of them tbf.
Ian
Site Administrator

31st Jul 12 at 21:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
Formal warning and released

nothing to see here - back to normal again

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
At least the 17 year old will get a very stern talking to at the taxpayer's expense.
Gary
Premium Member

31st Jul 12 at 21:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Small price to pay if it turns his attitude around.
Tommy

31st Jul 12 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im all for little shits like that being outed by celebs because you know for a fact its not only the celebs that are getting the abuse.
Ive heard many cases of people receiving the abuse being seriously affected and in some cases even resorting to suicide. So it it takes a celeb to identify these "trolls" im all for it. It should make the little shits think twice before spouting abuse at someone.
Ian
Site Administrator

31st Jul 12 at 21:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Small price to pay if it turns his attitude around.
17 years of being a cunt raised by cunts, is not fixed by one week of fame.

When he gloats publicly about getting away with it you'll see how counter productive it all was as well.
Ian
Site Administrator

31st Jul 12 at 21:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy
It should make the little shits think twice before spouting abuse at someone.
See my previous reply, you can't fix a kid with no respect by having the Police do some token bullshit because the public feels they should.

The naivety astounds me. These kids are cunts and will remain cunts, in fact being famous will compound their cuntishness.

I don't pay my taxes to raise these children on behalf of someone else.
Gary
Premium Member

31st Jul 12 at 21:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very well put that ian. Cant disagree.
Tommy

31st Jul 12 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The police talking to this specific kid may not change him, I meant it would make other people think twice and hopefully as a deterrant, if they know their gonna get in trouble with the police. Even it it makes one "trolling" child stop then its worth it IMO
neil h

31st Jul 12 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eddx14xe
I'm not defending him, I already said that back on page 3 or something. I just thinks it's unfair how it's been dealt with because he's famous and it's in the public eye.

The police can't see and deal with every single 'malicious communication' made to every single person on the Internet. The numbers involved mean its simply not feasible. Yes if Tom wasn't famous it wouldn't have made it this far (odds are) but that's the way it works, high profile complaints that are in the public eye will be investigated. It's prioritising at the end of the day.
Jules S
Premium Member

31st Jul 12 at 22:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy
It should make the little shits think twice before spouting abuse at someone.
See my previous reply, you can't fix a kid with no respect by having the Police do some token bullshit because the public feels they should.

The naivety astounds me. These kids are cunts and will remain cunts, in fact being famous will compound their cuntishness.

I don't pay my taxes to raise these children on behalf of someone else.

I disagree to an extent.

I wonder whether this 'kid' has any 'mates' other than his 50k twitter followers.

If he has any real world mates I doubt they will be lauding him. My guess would be he will now become some sort of periah and if that doesn't kerb his use on twitter nothing will.
Rob_Quads

31st Jul 12 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It depends on his mates. I am pretty sure there will be groups of people who are little s**ts and if one gets caught for something but then let out the whole lot of them will be laughing about it, taking the piss etc.

His friends could well be laughing about it, doing the old braa braa braa with gun shape fingers, all that crap.

There are a surprising amount of people who really could not give a t**s about police and what they tell them
Jules S
Premium Member

31st Jul 12 at 22:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This kid, IMO, looks like a kid trying to impress people for kudos...not somebody with credibility trying to re-inforce it.
Ian
Site Administrator

31st Jul 12 at 22:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by neil h
It's prioritising at the end of the day.
In the wrong places.
Ian
Site Administrator

31st Jul 12 at 23:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jules S
If he has any real world mates I doubt they will be lauding him. My guess would be he will now become some sort of periah and if that doesn't kerb his use on twitter nothing will.

Put the computer in the living room?

So you want a one of our sportsmen offended that seriously, a national news story and Police time and taxpayer's extend to educate this kid when in fact its the parents job to either teach him respect in the first place or while its too late for that, take the computer off him?

Are you seriously suggesting that the alternative to a proper upbringing is what happened to this guy?

I'd kerb his use on Twitter if he lived under my roof. Tell him he's not going on Twitter would be a start.
Jules S
Premium Member

31st Jul 12 at 23:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Are you seriously suggesting that the alternative to a proper upbringing is what happened to this guy?

I was refering to this comment

quote:
in fact being famous will compound their cuntishness.

And i still maintain this kid will be shunned by most that know him not lauded
Ian
Site Administrator

31st Jul 12 at 23:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Time will tell. But in my experience of poorly behaved and disrespectful children, being told off just makes them even happier.

Particularly as in this case, the telling off is completely futile.

There's not even a long term relationship in place. I've spent years with kids like that coming through the system and sometimes you have some success after you've build up a bit of respect after months and months of work. You don't invite him to the interview room, read some legal crap and tell him he's free to go.

[Edited on 31-07-2012 by Ian]
John

31st Jul 12 at 23:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Of course he won't be shunned. That's a pub story for years to come.
Jules S
Premium Member

31st Jul 12 at 23:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Time will tell. But in my experience of poorly behaved and disrespectful children, being told off just makes them even happier.

Particularly as in this case, the telling off is completely futile.

There's not even a long term relationship in place. I've spent years with kids like that coming through the system and sometimes you have some success after you've build up a bit of respect after months and months of work. You don't invite him to the interview room, read some legal crap and tell him he's free to go.

[Edited on 31-07-2012 by Ian]

I'll take that edit

I'm intrigued, a global coverage to me acting like a cunt on twitter I'd be embarrassed about that not bragging.

He's shat bricks too today, hardly 'even happier' surely?
Ian
Site Administrator

31st Jul 12 at 23:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The edit was just to add final paragraph.

Wait until its all over properly and he realises nothing has happened.

You'd shit bricks if you thought you were going to jail, but once you realise the legal system is basically a paper exercise at that age, it won't matter.

Then in a couple of years, I'm with John. In fact I'm with whoever said he'll be on Big Brother.

<<  3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sick Twitter User (@Rileyy_69) 23 database queries in 0.0185199 seconds