corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sick Twitter User (@Rileyy_69)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sick Twitter User (@Rileyy_69)
Joe

User status: Offline
31st Jul 12 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He threatened to drown him, obviously it was an idle threat but it's still a death threat.
Eddx14xe

31st Jul 12 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How is saying 'you let your dad down' an arrestable offence

So people breaking into cars, garages taking them for joyrides while they are suppose to be MOTing them, or having fights outside pubs is fine. But when you say something (hardly) offence on the Internet, you get arrested. Joke imo.
Neil

31st Jul 12 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eddx14xe
How is saying 'you let your dad down' an arrestable offence

So people breaking into cars, garages taking them for joyrides while they are suppose to be MOTing them, or having fights outside pubs is fine. But when you say something (hardly) offence on the Internet, you get arrested. Joke imo.

Read the rest of the thread before posting? He has also posted threats and racist comments...
Eddx14xe

31st Jul 12 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same as what goes on here. Does this law only include Twitter? I'm sure Doyle would have a field day what this law.
Nath

31st Jul 12 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are people sticking up for this guy or something?

How is anybody irked by the fact he got arrested? He's clearly a cunt. So it's good he got burned. Ultimate keyboard warrior got bummed by another person's keyboard. Gutted.
Sam
Premium Member

31st Jul 12 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eddx14xe
Same as what goes on here. Does this law only include Twitter? I'm sure Doyle would have a field day what this law.

Yeah but abusive messages on Twitter to an Olympic athlete is more high profile than people trolling/"bantering"/being abusive to other members on a web forum.

But anyway, yes where do we draw the line, how do we know when it is acceptable to say something publicly online without fear of reprisal or being arrested? Such a grey area I think.
Sam
Premium Member

31st Jul 12 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and BTW whoever was going on about the police being on Twitter - yes they are, I've even spoken to a few top brass cops in the West Mids personally via Twitter

[Edited on 31-07-2012 by Sam]
Nath

31st Jul 12 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
Oh and BTW whoever was going on about the police being on Twitter - yes they are, I've even spoken to a few top brass cops in the West Mids personally via Twitter

[Edited on 31-07-2012 by Sam]

Same in Thames Valley. Be stupid not to. Met Police used Twitter to get a heads up on some of the London rioting. Used it to prosecute too.
Eddx14xe

31st Jul 12 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not sticking up for him.

Just confused that it's ok to crash other peoples cars, steal things and have fights but when you say something on Twitter everyone goes mental and says how he deserves to be burned.

Calling him a cunt, saying hope he get bummed in prison and that he needs putting down is doing exactly what he was doing.

As Sam said, where is the line?

If I called someone a cunt in the street or to someone on here, no on would care but as soon as its on Twitter to someone famous, everyone would say I deserve to die etc etc.
Nath

31st Jul 12 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Getting silly now. Why is this car comparison even being used? 'Its ok to crash other peoples cars' is a silly statement. Who said it was OK? Anybody can complain about anything said on here or real life. If you call somebody a cunt in the street they can fully well complain to the Police if they wish. High profile cases are of course going to get more publicity. Not difficult to understand really.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
31st Jul 12 at 12:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because there are real crimes going on with nothing done about it but some boy on the internet says some nasty words and he's arrested straight away with the utmost efficiency.
Ian
Site Administrator

31st Jul 12 at 12:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
do you think the police come onto corsasport looking for people to arrest for saying racist/foul things?

Give it time. I would imagine it would be very easy and great for the quotas.
Nath

31st Jul 12 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Because there are real crimes going on with nothing done about it but some boy on the internet says some nasty words and he's arrested straight away with the utmost efficiency.

Wow
Gavin
Premium Member

31st Jul 12 at 12:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seems that this point has already been discussed, but I was thinking about it today and thought what are people doing to stop things like cyber bullying. You hear stories of young people taking their lifes because of months, or years of being bullied on FB and other social sites. In such cases, it seems that people are slow to respond or have done very little

I just wonder how quickly someone who get arrested if they threaten someone else who only had 12 followers on their tweeter account?

Yes, the police were right to arrest this Riley guy but just wondered whether they would have done the same if the recipient of the tweet wasnt so famous

Personally, I thing the justice system sucks. Example - a teenage girl to jail for eight months for stealing a bottle of Lucozade and a bag of sweets during the riots, whilst we have PM's still in a job after swindling thousands of pounds in dodgy expenses

pew pew pew pewwwww
Gavin
Premium Member

31st Jul 12 at 12:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

pew pew pew pewwwww
Nath

31st Jul 12 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This thread is annoying me.
Ian
Site Administrator

31st Jul 12 at 12:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Wow
Not sure if that is disapproving but if you're wondering why I'm being flippant, I've tried for years to get Police interested in fraud where people actually lost money with very little in the way of results.

I had the data, I could identify people, I had everything in place to complete a conviction and I still found it massively difficult - indeed still do - to get anyone interested.

The amounts of money were small but added together in some cases they were significant.

What about here? Arresting a 17 year old, nothing will come of it, just some faffing about because its high profile. Meanwhile people are losing actual money all over the internet on forums and the typical response is oh well you gave your money away and its not enough anyway.

If Police are getting more interested in the internet, I'd prefer if they did it where there were actual losses.

Not defending that offensive little twat but I also think its a shame that crimes against feelings get more attention than crimes against property.
Gary
Premium Member

31st Jul 12 at 12:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think i may report this thread... http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=640162 to the police.

Malicious communications imo
Eddx14xe

31st Jul 12 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The car comparison is being used because it's a great example of how out of hand this internet troll rubbish is getting. The guy spoke to the police about his car but they said it's nothing to do with them or won't do anything about it. A garage basically stealing someone's car and crashing it, imo, is worst than saying some rubbish on the internet.

If you went to the police and said that someone walked past you and called you a name, what do you think their response would be?

But if it's on the internet it's completely different and the person goes to prison. Just because it's in the public eye or to someone who is a little bit famous, shouldn't make a difference.

Personally I would rather the police prosecute drug dealers, rapists etc than wasting time and resources on a bit of name calling and abuse over the internet.
GB123
Premium Member

31st Jul 12 at 12:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The point of arresting him is to make an example, if people see that you can be arrested for stuff like this then in theory less people will do it
Ian
Site Administrator

31st Jul 12 at 12:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Which is precisely why they should be interested in fraud on forums.
Gary
Premium Member

31st Jul 12 at 12:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Needed arresting. Clearly just cant behave like a normal human being. Saying what he said was disgusting. The only reason he's getting done is that its there in black and white if he had shouted it at the olympics for example he'd be away scott free
GB123
Premium Member

31st Jul 12 at 12:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Which is precisely why they should be interested in fraud on forums.

I agree, problem is it's not high profile because no celebrities are involved, so police aren't really interested in doing much
Hammer

31st Jul 12 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Knew for a fact they would collar him and I'm glad they did.

Little cunt.
Sunz

31st Jul 12 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I find it a little bit sad that users of these twitter/facebook accounts don't ignore such things or use some common sense, they seem that addicted for attention then have to be baby sat by the police when someone says something bad, I don't bother to use such things due to taking criticism quite badly.

I also think something is seriously wrong in how swift the police can deal with these verbal digital crimes and yet something serious like reporting drug dealers, TWOC and most anti social problems and they just say "If there is any officers in that area we will see if they can attend otherwise there is little we can do"
and we are meant to have faith in the system.

Maybe 1000s are reported to the police, I have reported OJC for his racism, 3CM for his drug abuse, Steven for his sexual abuse against minors but nothing has been done.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sick Twitter User (@Rileyy_69) 23 database queries in 0.1054351 seconds