corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Another new fish tank thread ;-)

New Poll
  <<  6    7    8    9    10  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Another new fish tank thread ;-)
SXI - Matt

User status: Offline
23rd Jan 13 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That looks awesome on that scale not site how it would suit a smaller wall/area
Ben G

23rd Jan 13 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
Nice! I might give this a try at half the price (not sure about shipping).

Not sure if a full wall will be a bit overkill for a normal house though.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-Slate-Split-Face-Mosaic-Tiles-Stone-Cladding-Stacked-Wall-Panels-/181042460875?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2a26f8b8cb

my brother just got this done on his kitchen wall (just 1) and it looks great imo. very modern and contemporary.
3CorsaMeal

23rd Jan 13 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would have lego men abseiling and climbing that.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

24th Jan 13 at 10:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ben, got any pics of your brothers kitchen??

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
3CorsaMeal

24th Jan 13 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or your girlfriends front porch?
Ben G

24th Jan 13 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tomnova16
Ben, got any pics of your brothers kitchen??

Only one I can find is this:

not a great pic as it was still being fitted.
3CorsaMeal

24th Jan 13 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

NAILED IT!
Ben G

24th Jan 13 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you what
A2H GO

24th Jan 13 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kinda hijacked Drunken's thread here should start another but that looks good.

Im thinking of going with the white/lighter one so it's a bit more subtle.

I mentioned it to a mate a while back and he was like, "oh yeah we've already got something similar to that" and showed me a picture on his phone of his living room wall with brick patterned wallpaper

[Edited on 24-01-2013 by A2H GO]
Tomnova16
Premium Member

26th Jan 13 at 09:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

better pics needed ben

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
drunkenfool

27th Mar 13 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's been a while so I thought I'd update this thread with a few new pics. It's just a copy and paste from the main thread on UltimateReef but some of you may find it intersting anyway :-)

Another small update - I went to Maidenhead on Friday to get some flakes (I hadn't realised I'd run out so it was my only choice!) and even though I said I would never buy fish from there again, I actually walked away with two :-S I've wanted to get a Longhorn Cownfish and a Yellow Wrasse for months and months but for some reason nobody has been able to get hold of them for me (SWM did actually have the cowfish in for me but it was accidentally sold about an hour before I got there to go and pick it up!) Both had been in for three weeks, no sign of disease and they looked in very good health and both feeding well in the shop and at home. The cowfish is very small, maybe 1.5", but already seems to have a great personality so I can't wait for him to grow! As for the Yellow Wrasse, he's around 3" and seems to be settling in well - the main reason for getting him was to help with the montipora eating nudibranch problem but I took the decision to throw away the affected colony just over a week ago now and, touch wood, none of the others seem to be affected anyway. Pics to follow as and when I get the chance!

Quick pic of the Cowfish off the iPhone - as you can see, he's tiny! :-)

Who said supercars aren't practical? I managed to get the 6' Vertex unit all theway from Hereford to Bristol on the motorway no problems! Lol. Also got one of the air pumps on the skimmer replaced and it has made a HUGE difference to the performance of it so hopefully it will start to bring down the nitrates again (currently at 25ppm!) The baby cowfish also got stuck to the MP60 two days ago but luckily I saw it quite quickly - as soon as I turned off the powerhead he didn't move at all and I thought he was dead but I freed him and he started to swim away but with only one fin moving :-( However today he seems to be absolutely fine and no other signs of coral polyp retraction or unhappy fish so fingers crossed all will be well!

Unfortunately I've lost some more LPS due to the Parrotfish, this colony was absolutely perfect this morning and now 4 or 5 heads have been eaten :-(

Seems like I am the only unlucky one though so far with the Quoyi Parrotfish! Fish trap has just been ordered though :-)

[Edited on 27-03-2013 by drunkenfool]
drunkenfool

27th Mar 13 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

EDIT - Just realised how bad the picture is! The dead colony was a hammer coral, one of the two heads has been stung and eventually died.

Yet more bad news in the tank, lost another coral now but this time due to a wandering anemone instead of a rogue fish!

I've just had to take the bommie apart and managed to remove the culprit, which is now sitting in the fish trap in the tank, but there are another one or two there which I am also going to try and remove (can't work it out yet as fully extended it looks like one big one but it/they recede right into the bommie at night). I think I will have to sacrifice the anemones to eventually make room for more corals, although there is still one small one on the other side of the tank in a much better location so if that one stays put then maybe I can still keep a single home for the clown fish!
drunkenfool

27th Mar 13 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One small update, I got a rainbow trachy, a pocillopora, a tri coloured acro frag, a bright green acro frag and a torch coral to replace theone the parrotfish ate (who has since been relocated!) and I also got rid of 3 of the 4 anemones now to make way for more coals. Pics to follow (possibly tomorrow if I have a quiet day at work) but I'm still struggling with aiptasia despite adding the berghias over six weeks ago, and a bit of a cyano bloom despite weekly 20% water changes for the last 4 weeks in a row - looking into getting a pellet reactor but still weighing up the options, any advice welcome. Phos is 0.008 mg/l though so at let tha is under control!

These are all directly from the camera with no editing at all as, to be honest, I just don't have time at the moment :-( Still, it's better than nothing!

I got a yellow wrasse

Few new SPS frags

and a tiny piece that broke off the main frag so I've stuck it down to see how it does :-)

drunkenfool

27th Mar 13 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A new green acro

An acropora Horrida frag that I've had for a few months now, seems to be doing quite well :-)

A new tri coloured acro, only been in the tank for a few days but so far so good;

a Pavona that I got about a month ago;

drunkenfool

27th Mar 13 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Random shot of the clam mantle that I quite liked;

a new Platygyra;

and lastly a few fish shots :-D

The Japanese Swallowtail

Foxface Rabbitfish

Chromi

Helfrichi firefish, allthough the trio now seems to be down to one :'-(

Blue Cheek Goby caught in the act, he's the one who I am now currently trying to get in the fish trap'

Two of the three new Purple Tilefish - so far model citizens and they also swim about a lot at night, which is when I get the most time to see the tank, so they are a great addition!

and lastly my Atlantic Blue Tang, Archie, who I have had now for just over 4 years since he was the size of a 50p piece :-D
drunkenfool

27th Mar 13 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh, and we also finally got around to getting the wood burner fitted too! :-D

Gary
Premium Member

27th Mar 13 at 20:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jealous.
taylorboosh

2nd Apr 13 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone that isnt is talking shit
Dom

2nd Apr 13 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Impressive although those CM8s need to be away from the walls
Nismo

2nd Apr 13 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

K'ing awesome.

love that wood burner.
andy_mk3

2nd Apr 13 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How the other half live eh
drunkenfool

3rd Apr 13 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom

How far would you suggest? I've already had to move them together a bit cos of the woodmburner lol
Robbo

4th Apr 13 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Matt you absolute cunt of a man, I love it

Dom

4th Apr 13 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by drunkenfool
quote:
Originally posted by Dom

How far would you suggest? I've already had to move them together a bit cos of the woodmburner lol

Usually if space is an issue and you need them up against a wall then you tend to go for front ported speakers.

With rear ported you want them as far away from the back wall as possible (minimise reflections etc) but something around 0.3-0.5m (minimum) is a good starting point. Play around with the port bungs (B&W usually supply foam bungs) and you might get a decent compromise.
drunkenfool

3rd Jul 13 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought it was time for another small update. I'll just stick the pictures up on here for people to see, but the more 'technical' write up is on the thread on UltimateReef as always - http://www.ultimatereef.net/forums/showthread.php?t=542991&page=66

All of the vertical section of this one is new growth since it went in the tank 4 months ago :-)

This seriatopora is now about 5 times the size it was when it went in.

Aiptasia Eating Filefish

You can see the new growth on this Pavona, where it has encrusted onto the rock.

Clam Mantle

Fire and Ice Montipora

Progress with the cladding on the dining room side :-)

I also completely finished the cladding on the lounge side of the tank last night, apart from a small strip across the top to get it a bit closer to the ceiling. That whole panel slides out in one piece though so there will always have to be a small gap there so as to not damage the ceiling when it goes in and out.

Hope you enjoy the pictures anyway

<<  6    7    8    9    10  >>

New Poll