corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Arden blue corsa b

New Poll
  <<  17    18    19    20    21    22    23  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Arden blue corsa b
ArdenblueDan

User status: Offline
13th Jan 13 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good buddy whens the springs going on with the splitter?
ArdenAndy

13th Jan 13 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hopefully the splitter will be going on Wednesday and im looking for a set of cheap front shocks to put them on so i dont ruin the newish ones already on the car
ArdenAndy

24th Jan 13 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

waterpump etc is all done and laguna splitter is on, but now i have a new problem, after taking it out for a test drive with my dad the car started making a dodgy noise between 2.5 and 3 thousand revs :/ at the moment my dad thinks the timing is slightly out, and thats whats causing the noise, so once again the car is off the road as we dont want to be doing any internal damage :@ been wanting to go out and have a play in the snow but its all going to be gone by the time i get it sorted the depos get bad condensation and the adjuster motors were clicking so had to unplug them, im really sick of this car once again.. so just a few pics before i fake its robbery and go set it on fire sorry for the bad pics its been dull and havnt been able to get the car to a more lit place

also.. 206 front splitter has been cut down ready to go on when the weathe gets better

[Edited on 24-01-2013 by ArdenAndy]
CORSAguy93

24th Jan 13 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love how there is so much arch gap that snow can settle on the tyres
ArdenAndy

24th Jan 13 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i seriously dont know why the front is so high haaha all the oldies in their standard corsa`s are lower than mine :/
GB123
Premium Member

24th Jan 13 at 21:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haven't you had new springs and shocks?
ArdenAndy

24th Jan 13 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GB123
Haven't you had new springs and shocks?

got front lowering springs, waiting untill i get some front shocks and top mounts so i can just to a straight swap and not bother messing about with the new spings/shocks on the car now
GB123
Premium Member

25th Jan 13 at 11:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I meant that might be the reason it sits higher than other corsas you see about.
CORSAguy93

25th Jan 13 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just get a fat mate to sit in it whenever you drive around
ArdenAndy

25th Jan 13 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GB123
I meant that might be the reason it sits higher than other corsas you see about.

ohhh i see aha, my bad, yeah i suppose thats what it proberly is but it actually looks like i have done something to make it higher, looks so wrong.
ArdenAndy

25th Jan 13 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CORSAguy93
just get a fat mate to sit in it whenever you drive around

thats a good shout! myself and another fellow heavy person in the front should bring it down a bit only need a midget to get in the back and it looks like i have lowered the rear 60mm. i think the reason my headlights blast people in the face is because the rear is low and the front is so high
ArdenAndy

29th Jan 13 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the noise is a vibrating/rumble noise and the faster you go the worse it gets under your feet :/ we thought it was the timing but we set the timing, replaced the fuel pump relay and its still doing it. the engine sound great, and it runs great even when the rumbling/vibrating gets worse which makes us believe that the problem is on internally on the engine. all suspension and brakes etc is all good, only think we can think of it being is the rear engine mount. the right side one we just replaced, the left side by the gear box one is solid so will check the rear one tomorrow. this car has been costing me so much more than its worth! also got a new knock sensor and need tax aswell now.

i did a quick edit on paint messing around with different wheel colours and ride hights, this one i thought looked wicked aha

[Edited on 29-01-2013 by ArdenAndy]
Jordancorsab
Premium Member

29th Jan 13 at 18:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The shop looks good mate! I really want some cav expressions
ArdenAndy

29th Jan 13 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks man! yeah they are great wheels, people comment on them and most think they are bbs ra`s untill i tell them there not did a quick edit but with the wheels normal colour which i think looks even better
Jordancorsab
Premium Member

29th Jan 13 at 20:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks quality mate, not sure which I prefer though
ArdenblueDan

29th Jan 13 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That looks stunning dude
ArdenAndy

30th Jan 13 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers guys! hopefully when the car stops having problems i can spend my money on getting it lowered! if i do spray the wheels it will be in the summer some time. my dad spent the morning checking for where the viration is coming from and he says the rear engine mount is on its way out -.- so new one of those is on order, but he also checked the oil and the camshafts didnt have oil on them which means there could be a problem with the oil pump now :@
ArdenblueDan

31st Jan 13 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Once it's done mate it'll be like a new engine no point in outing it really as you may end up buying a car with more problems then yours I'd just stick with it and make sure it looks like the corsa slammed with the silver wheels
D0NN3R

31st Jan 13 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the parts you wanted make me an offer mate
ArdenAndy

3rd Feb 13 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

another problem to add to the list! oil pump
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3m-JMqxoshQ&feature=youtu.be
1.0 12v povey

17th Feb 13 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nothing wrong with the engine it is the new engine mount rubber same problem with my car rubber to hard
ArdenAndy

17th Feb 13 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 1.0 12v povey
nothing wrong with the engine it is the new engine mount rubber same problem with my car rubber to hard

ahhh i see that may explain it then aha, will it soften out over time?
ArdenAndy

17th Feb 13 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there isnt much of an update from me but shadyche has done a bit to his car which may be of interest, and another one of my buddies passed his test the other day so got a few pics off the drive we went on

start off with me spending more money on my car, new rocker gasket because the one we put on not to long ago has been off and on quite a bit lately, also got a new rear engine mount, oil filter and oil pressure switch which are both now fitted so hopefully that has fixed the lack of oil getting to the camshafts, also got a knock sensor but its in a right dodgy place so will be putting it on when the new alternator gets here.

shadyche has had an opel boot lock badge and a opel front grill which look sweet!

he also got himself some clear depos, yellow sidelights and yellow bulbs, was not sure how they would look but they do look good. havnt seen them in the dark yet though

went on a drive with shadyche and our buddy with the mito after he passed his test and got some pics

[Edited on 17-02-2013 by ArdenAndy]
BenC1985

17th Feb 13 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you swapped that wire round on the battery and got the sub working???
ArdenblueDan

17th Feb 13 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

both cars looking good buddy

<<  17    18    19    20    21    22    23  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Arden blue corsa b 23 database queries in 0.0245481 seconds