corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Home cinema - Post your setups

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Home cinema - Post your setups
andy_mk3

User status: Offline
8th Sep 14 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't have any great pics of mine.. but here's one that gives you an idea.

LG 50" Plasma
Yamaha RX-V673 Amp
Tannoy Mercury V4 Floor Standers
Tannoy Mercury V1 Satellite Speakers
Tannoy Mercury VC Centre
Tannoy SFX Sub
HTPC Running Plex on Windows 7

Then a HP Microserver with 7TB of drives in it full of films and box sets.

Currently set up in my room, can't wait to have my own place and get it set up in a living room. It's my first ever proper home cinema setup. Mostly bought after splitting up with my ex to cheer myself up
ash_corsa

8th Sep 14 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just finished ours, here's a few pics

During

Built a stud wall to get rid of the alcove in the 2nd pic, blocked up fireplace, rewired, re plumbed rads, new ceilings, all skimmed, new woodwork and doors etc..

Pleased with the end result, the stairs run up the wall behind the TV so all kit is located under stairs out of the way, last pic shows the IR eye which controls the sky, amp etc..

Panasonic TXL50ET60 LED TV
Denon AVRX2000 AV amplifier
Monitor Audio C265 ceiling speakers (x5)
Monitor Audio R390 Subwoofer
QED Custom install speaker cabling
Marmitek Remote eye kit
Sonos Connect
SkyHD 2TB box
PS3

[Edited on 08-09-2014 by ash_corsa]
Gary
Premium Member

8th Sep 14 at 20:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like that. The TV doesn't seem to be the focal point of the room like most are
ash_corsa

8th Sep 14 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers bud, will look a bit better once floor lamp and a few photos are added.
Graham88

9th Sep 14 at 02:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love that Ash
Balling
Premium Member

9th Sep 14 at 03:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Clic all the way! Looks really nice
Yeah, it's a lovely design. The price is extortionate, though. We'd want something roughly the size of the Mistral one, which would set us back £1300.

Mistral is less than half that.

Balling
Premium Member

9th Sep 14 at 03:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Loving the built in speakers Ash.
Placement is all over the place, but I guess that's a compromise you're going to have to do with ceiling speakers.

Would move that sub though. No way is it performing its best there.

Pop

9th Sep 14 at 06:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Clic one looks great. If you are happy to pay for it I wouldn't be looking at any of the other options.
Balling
Premium Member

9th Sep 14 at 07:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm never happy to pay for anything, really.

Currently thinking it'll be the Unnu as it's the next best looking one and the price seems more reasonable.

evilrob
Premium Member

9th Sep 14 at 08:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ash - you've earned yourself a tip of the hat and a manly look of acknowledgement. One of the tidiest installations I've seen.
JM_16v

9th Sep 14 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
Turns out I have pics from right after the move.

Still same setup from one page back except I replaced the AVR with a Denon 2312.
Wall mounted the TV and removed a drawer to make room for the centre speaker. Having the speaker enclosed like that somewhat muffles the sound, but for now it's the best compromise.

Hey i really like your tv cabinet and speakers,where did you buy them from?

Im struggling to find some.
Balling
Premium Member

9th Sep 14 at 13:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Answered your U2U as well, but again, furniture is IKEA.

Speakers are Tangent Evo, the front ones shown here are E34's.
Not entirely sure they're easy to come by these days.
System Audio do some that are quite similar in design, without the rounded corners. I have a System Audio sub now and the quality is spot on.

ash_corsa

11th Sep 14 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for comments guys, I'm really pleased with it just wish I had more time to sit down and watch films!

Balling, I get what your saying with regards to placement, obviously the best seats are from the bay window, seeing as it's only me and the mrs it suits us perfectly.

Where would you place the sub out of interest?
Cheers
Balling
Premium Member

12th Sep 14 at 07:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit hard to say from the pictures and often something that requires a bit of experimenting to get just right.

Biggest issue I have with the current placement is that it's playing directly into the side of the couch.

In the corner where you removed the alcove might be more suitable, but that depends slightly on the stud wall as it might start to "play along" and create a hollow booming sound.

Subwoofer - and generally speaker - placement can be a bitch.
In our old place I moved my sub all over the place, but ended up with it back where I started, but playing in phase.

ash_corsa

12th Sep 14 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was lead to believe it didn't make a huge difference where it goes in the room, the drivers are in the sides of the sub so it doesn't fire directly against the sofa but can see what you mean.

Would definitely be too boomy next to the stud wall
Balling
Premium Member

16th Oct 14 at 03:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No new AV furniture yet, but I did get these little scifi-looking dudes as I wanted some better looking rear speakers.

Definitely pay a lot for the design, but they seem to do the job pretty well, so far.

Excuse the wiring job, cable ducts are still waiting to be fitted.

Gary
Premium Member

16th Oct 14 at 07:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What are they?
Balling
Premium Member

16th Oct 14 at 08:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Scandyna MicroPod SE's.

Part of the Pod Speaker family originally made by B&W but since produced by Danish Scandyna.

Obviously, given the shape, they're plastic so feel quite cheap. Wall bracket is horrible as well and was a bitch to fit.

They look lovely though, imo. Especially with the kevlar drivers. Hard to tell from the picture, but they're quite small at only 16 cm high.

Doug

16th Oct 14 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
Clic:

That looks awesome! How much are they roughly? I might get one custom made to desired dimensions.

Amp on the left with a fabric door center speaker in the middle with no door and then XBox in right hand side with a fabric door.

Will properly do some cable management bu cutting into the wall as well and hide the cables properly.
Doug

16th Oct 14 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My current setup which has been rushed when I moved in. I want to fit it out properly over the winter when I have some spare time.

TV Backlighting

General setup

Samsung 40" LCD, a nice one. Cant remember the model
Sony Amp
Dali Zensor 3 fronts

I want to hide all the cables in the wall, mount a floating unit below the TV to house all the equipment and look at getting a sub. Will just need a bit of plastering work doing.

[Edited on 16-10-2014 by Doug]
Balling
Premium Member

16th Oct 14 at 17:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Doug
That looks awesome! How much are they roughly?
Well, the shown solution is three modules at £470 each.

Doug

16th Oct 14 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats actually not as bad as I expected. I could get a custom version in any wood I wanted for that sort of price. So I might consider that.

Benefits of having a furniture maker in the family!
http://www.suzannehodgson.co.uk/203134076
John

16th Oct 14 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Need a bigger TV Doug, that's lost.

Whats the construction of the walls? I got all the cables I needed down a dot dab wall, albeit with great difficulty.
Doug

16th Oct 14 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, the new setup will be in combination with a new bigger TV. Something like a 50-55" would be perfect!

It's dot and dab, so I didn't even attempt it as its really not got a lot of clearance. It's probably easier to cut a channel in and get it all fitted properly to cable ducts top and bottom.

Will be a couple hundred quid to get it cut in, plastered and painted. If I tried it I would not get it right and it would bug the hell out of me!
John

16th Oct 14 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got 2 HDMI, 2 optical, 3 speaker, 2 coax, power and a couple of miscellaneous fed down. Did take hours though.

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >>

New Poll