corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » dewismotorsport's Corsa gsi turbo track car

New Poll
  <<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author dewismotorsport's Corsa gsi turbo track car
Josh.

User status: Offline
18th Dec 11 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fooking amazing!!!
dewismotorsport

6th Apr 12 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well been away for the last two months with work so thought I'd best get my arse in gear and get something done so I whipped the dash out ready to be sent off for flocking, going to remove the rest of the sound deadening and tidy up the wires while I'm at it

And removed my coilovers front and rear so that AVO can re furb them

Lowered her back down to see what she looked like with no suspension msl:

Wish I'd had more time before I left to get this lot all sent off as it would of been done by now but that's life I suppose :cry:

Got a list now off stuff to buy so going to be buying it all over the next few days
dewismotorsport

6th Apr 12 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Track day season is coming round stupidly fast and with me being away from the car now for nearly 3 months I need to get a bloody move on so have made a list of parts I need to finish the car to where I will be happy with for now

First on the list was a EPAS controller so once I get the colloum and rack in I can set it up to how I want

A reducer pipe for when I fit the V6 throttle bodie

Three new silencers with the back box now a lot larger so I can quieten it down as without the super trap on its 105db :cry: And I want it bellow 100db so I can safely pass the track day noise regulations

Bought myself some Reyland bells and discs so I can have spares and will no doubt start making 4 pot brake kits when I get more time

I sent my AVO coilovers off for a re furb as they had started leaking and AVO did a rapid job of re furbing them (returned to me within a week) they have had all new pistons and seals, they even gave me spare collars and new bump stops and new top mounts for the rears, only thing that isn't new is the shock body which I will give a new coat of paint once back at work

And finally new 300lb rear springs to help me get the rear to how I like it

Plenty more bits on the way, it's like Xmas for me msl:
dewismotorsport

13th Apr 12 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Few more bits turned up:

DS2500 front pads and some more AP brake fluid

New inlet gasket for when I change my throttle bodie back to a V6, some more vacuum hose so I can pipe up the boost solenoid and some 10mm silicone so I can mod my catch tank system so it returns back to the dipstick tube

Just need to get back to work and get cracking really, had nearly 3 months away from it apart from the one day I took the suspension and dash off :cry:
dewismotorsport

24th Apr 12 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well far to busy to even touch the car at the minute anoyingly but did manage to quickly change the bearings in my top mounts, mine came from Compbrake with play in them :cry: didn't realise until the MOT tester meantioned there was upward movement, the plan was to shim them but when Rob broke his saab powered mk3 astra i had his top mounts off him so i could nick the bearings out of them as there was no movement in them

Gave the coilover bodies a coat of paint and then re assembled ready just to be bolted back on the car :clap:

Also bought the late spec clutch pedal and blower duct for when i fit the epas column
dewismotorsport

1st May 12 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right well took a break for a couple of hours from private work and put some bits on my car

First of all re fitted the coilovers front and rear

Rears fitted without the need for turrets so that was one less thing to do

While I had the wheels off I fitted the front and rear DS2500 brake pads as well

Trackings out but I've bought some rose jointed track rod ends so won't bother setting it up until I've fitted them, just waiting on them to arrive

One improvement mod I wanted to do was to the engines breather system, found that the breather on the catch tank lid struggle to keep up at full boost sessions so wanted to complete the system by plumbing it back into the dipstick tube so any excess pressure can now go back into block which will hopefully stop the oil being spat out my catch tank lid

From here:

To here:

Also fitted a QED blanking plate and ball bearing as you can see above just to tidy it up a bit
msl:
possy

2nd May 12 at 05:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

love this car keep up the good work
dewismotorsport

2nd May 12 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by possy
love this car keep up the good work

Cheers mate just wish I had more time to work on it ;-(
possy

3rd May 12 at 05:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It could be worse you could use it for goin to work and back in like me and if you dnt get the jobs done on the car at the weekend your walkin work that sucks i am telling ya pal i have done that a few times you goin pv this year pal and keep up the good work and dothe r888s not catch like mad on the back being so low i no mine dose
dewismotorsport

3rd May 12 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
It could be worse you could use it for goin to work and back in like me and if you dnt get the jobs done on the car at the weekend your walkin work that sucks i am telling ya pal i have done that a few times you goin pv this year pal and keep up the good work and dothe r888s not catch like mad on the back being so low i no mine dose

Couldn't do that, my work is 200 miles away

It was only that low at the back cause I'd removed the coilovers

Yeah will be at PVS hoping to do the TOTB qualifying, well only if I fat my arse in gear and get some work done on it
possy

3rd May 12 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool i hope you do well mate and i will have a chat to you at pv mate what else is on the cards to be done before the show
dewismotorsport

4th May 12 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Cool i hope you do well mate and i will have a chat to you at pv mate what else is on the cards to be done before the show

Thanks mate, yeah come and say hello!

Need to finish welding up the shell, fit the cage, paint the inside, fit the dash and various other stuff the list is endless ;-(
possy

8th May 12 at 00:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i no what you mean pal theres always something else you want and its always more money every time
dewismotorsport

14th May 12 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well have continued buying bits for the car despite not having time to work on it lately, first up was a rear diffuser

Reason I've bought this is because the spare wheel well is getting removed and that then makes the rear bumper act as a air brake so this will be there to help remove that trapped air, I will make sure it is set up to the 15 degrees it needs to be

Got myself a lightweight slim battery to replace the big optima yellow top one, this will be fitted behind the passenger seat

And also a battery box and passenger foot rest

Cleaned and painted my Cav V6 throttle bodie ready for fitting, made all the bungs to block off the pipes and also made a flange that will be welded to my manifold

Made a bit of a school boy error, I measured a vectra V6 tb so I could order the silicone and clamp but didn't realise until today that the Cav tb is larger and just uses a 3" pipe which I already had loads off :cry: Never mind msl:

Got the car in the workshop tonight for the first time in about 3 1/2 months, made a start sorting a few small issues, i was getting water inside the car so I removed the pollen filter holder and re siliconed around it to make it water tight as the seal had gone, while I was at it I decided to re route the brake lines behind it as I never liked the fact they came across the front on show

And finally got round to finishing the catch tank, added the breather on now so all should be sweet

That is all........
Warren G

14th May 12 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why didnt you reply to my email

Z18xe inlets...
sri boy

15th May 12 at 07:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When u going to start making reyland discs and bells as needing a set bud
dewismotorsport

15th May 12 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Warren G
why didnt you reply to my email

Z18xe inlets...

I did mate, must not of sent

I currently trying to get an engineering firm to make a polished back plenum in the shape of the EDS style
dewismotorsport

15th May 12 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sri boy
When u going to start making reyland discs and bells as needing a set bud

When I get some spare time buddy too busy at the moment, can make spare discs if you already have the bells? But it's the making the bells bit that is the most time consuming
possy

16th May 12 at 02:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You will have to update when you get chance about the rear diffuser i have been thinking about doin it for a while and having a center exit exhust are you mounting the diffuser straight to the floor or are you making some small leg for the back if you no what i mean
dewismotorsport

16th May 12 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
You will have to update when you get chance about the rear diffuser i have been thinking about doin it for a while and having a center exit exhust are you mounting the diffuser straight to the floor or are you making some small leg for the back if you no what i mean

Will do mate, I'm gonna cut the wheel well out and have it flat to the floor so the rear bumper will be cut out to suit, as it's not gonna be for show it's there for function, you trying to go F1 with the exhaust flowing over the diffuser
possy

17th May 12 at 00:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea mate but i want a carbon one making. and i am goin to show louise hamlton how its done lol
dewismotorsport

17th May 12 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yea mate but i want a carbon one making. and i am goin to show louise hamlton how its done lol

You can buy the one like mine in carbon
dewismotorsport

17th May 12 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whipped the manifold off to swap the throttle bodie flange to the V6

Got the new flange welded on and fitted, Rob came round and changed the loom to suit the new TPS and wired in the boost solenoid :beer:

Whipped the old discs off, and fitted the Reyland discs and bells (had to re drill them to 4 stud first) as a temp measure until I have some more free time to finish my new wilwood lightweight disc set up

Also fitted the rose jointed track rod ends had to cut the drum stick part down by 25mm so that I could get it to go to a outer limit of 2.5 degrees, I'll. Ever run that but I want to still be able to adjust my set up between 0 & 2 degrees out

Just need to finish the tracking today as it was late and I couldn't be arsed msl:
possy

18th May 12 at 00:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dewismotorsport
quote:

cool were is it from and how much if you dnt mind me asking just got another stienmetz rear bumper to cut up lol
dewismotorsport

18th May 12 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by dewismotorsport
quote:

cool were is it from and how much if you dnt mind me asking just got another stienmetz rear bumper to cut up lol

Ha ha, Wasn't this seller I used as mine was UK based but you get the idea
Type in:
Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser For Mitsubishi Lancer EVO 8

Can't link it for some reason ;-(

[Edited on 18-05-2012 by dewismotorsport]

<<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » dewismotorsport's Corsa gsi turbo track car 23 database queries in 0.2041140 seconds