corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » dewismotorsport's Corsa gsi turbo track car

New Poll
  <<  7    8    9    10    11    12    13  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author dewismotorsport's Corsa gsi turbo track car
M Sutton

User status: Offline
8th Jun 12 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a shame you cant go, would have liked to see the car as its an impressive build!

Im in a similar situation to you regarding money etc so aiming for next years PVS!
dewismotorsport

8th Jun 12 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah is a shame mate tbh, if I had my Astra working I'd of just towed it there but that's broke as well ;-(

Will be a various track and drag days though soon, will be getting featured as well once the cage is in ;-)
possy

11th Jun 12 at 01:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dewismotorsport
quote:
Originally posted by possy
I ant goin etheir pal was lookin forward to a chat but next year we will or will you be at usc if so we can have a chat and a bru then lol

Ah shame your not going mate, yeah once it's mot'd I want to be doing as many track days and drag stuff as possible, I don't drink tea so I'll have a strongy instead

haha yea i will have a red bull then and when your up and running you will have to let me no when your goin to santa pod and will have a drive down
possy

15th Jul 12 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Adam any chance your goin to usc mate be good to see you out running
dewismotorsport

10th Aug 12 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I now have the car in the same city/town that I work in msl:

Borrowed works trailer and pick up and went to collect it, started first time of asking so happy with that

Need to get my arse in gear and get it ready for Combe on the 8th, need to re fit the dash now that it's finally back from being flocked
possy

11th Aug 12 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what is the plan now mate get it finished were your workin a bit every night and are you goin outlaw mate
dewismotorsport

11th Aug 12 at 23:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by possy
what is the plan now mate get it finished were your workin a bit every night and are you goin outlaw mate

Yeah that's the plan finish off the bits I didn't have time to do before PVS, get it mot'd and start using it tbh, first outing with be castle Combe on the 8th of September ;-)
dewismotorsport

28th Aug 12 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well with Combe action day fast approaching I have had to pull my finger out msl:

Dash all back and fitted

Few small issues here and there but nothing that's on show tbh thankfully, love the look of it tbh, I've had everything that I can see in front of me done so looks tidy

Been getting on with the niggly little jobs, things like the lights at the back had gone pink so re painted them, can't seem to find the little ones pre painted :cry:

Tomorrows jobs are:
Replace inlet gasket as it seems to be leaking :cry:
P clip fuel and brake lines down
Remove part of slam panel by water hose
Change back box for the larger one I bought

Hopefully get all that done and have a mot done in the next week :clap:
dewismotorsport

29th Aug 12 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whipped the inlet off today to change the gasket as it sounded like it was leaking

Gave the inlet a quick skim while it was off just to be on the safe side

Got it all back on and started up and still no different :cry: So checked all vacuums, nothing leaking so thought I'd check the injectors, turns out injector number one is leaking air past the O ring so wasted my time really, never mind at least it's an easy fix

While inlet was off I decided to fit the nylon bushes, also packed it out with a washer on top to stop it moving up and down as well, appears to be better.

Moved inside and finally got round to P clipping the brake and fuel lines down

Looks much tidier, just have the one brake line to shorten hopefully do that tomorrow, will mount foot rest and then will touch up the paint and that's the interior done until the cage goes in

As I left her
Kippers

29th Aug 12 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very Very nice matey!
3i_gaz

29th Aug 12 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Smart thing this I like it
possy

29th Aug 12 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good mate glad your back at getting her back on the road
dewismotorsport

30th Aug 12 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers lads it's certainly getting there now just wish I'd had more time to work on it really
dewismotorsport

30th Aug 12 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brake line shorten and fitted and back brakes re bleed

Started on the exhaust, car has always annoyed me how loud it is and at the last castle Combe action day the car was at, it failed the noise test with a whopping 105db @4000rpm static test (without super trap on) so aim is to get it well below 100db (without super trap)

Started modding the silencers and made up new rear section, side by side comparison of the new and old

All welded and fitted up

Fits nice and snug, cocked the tail pipe angle up a bit as well which aids with the looks, still have the V clamp fitting on the end so should I ever need the super trap it can be still fitted as I would like to still keep the screamer pipe so this buys me a few extra db's back

Took a before and after db check and it's between 10-15db less so really happy, I still have one more box to change but will do that when I remove the cat after the MOT so chance of dropping a few more db's as well

Ordered some new O rings for the injectors at a pull your pants down price of £25 But should be here tomorrow so will look to fit them Monday with a MOT Tuesday or wednesday
Alex_Rally

31st Aug 12 at 05:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

beast of a car this mate
dewismotorsport

4th Sep 12 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a few late nights on the car, and have pretty much finished what I need doing before Combe :clap:

Decided to re paint the interior as it looked a bit shit as I ran out of paint last time :cry:

Seat back in, just need to do the drivers foot well now

Foot rest added

Whilest that was drying I whipped the fuel rail off to sort my air leak on cylinder 1, turns out this was to blame

Re fitted and started up and now cylinder 4 leaked :cry: By now it was about half 12 but decided to have another go, on second time of fitting all sealed fine so was a happy man, can't rate aero quip hoses enough as they make it so easy to take stuff apart

Today's efforts included a full pre mot check, and all was fine only headlight beam needing an adjustment, took it down and it passed first time :clap: The mot tester moaned cause he couldn't get his fat old ass in the car with the narrow buckets msl:

Car felt savage on the road and could really benefit some boost in gear or boost vs load as it can easily spin up still in 3rd, but will get that sorted after track day tbh

Now that it's passed the mot for another year I got it up on the ramp and removed the cat and fitted the other larger silence

Car now at idle is 70db at 1/2m away (iPhone sound checker) so happy with that as it was around 90db before
nibnob21
Premium Member

4th Sep 12 at 23:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Absolutely beautiful car. And the flocked dash looms great. One thing I'm not a fan of is the steering wheel. I know every man and his dog have one but an OMP one would look much nicer in my opinion. Perhaps with the little yellow band on it painted blue to match the other details on the car?

Also, do you not have any issues with the exhaust damaging the skirt through heat?

MX5 Project Thread
dewismotorsport

5th Sep 12 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nibnob21
Absolutely beautiful car. And the flocked dash looms great. One thing I'm not a fan of is the steering wheel. I know every man and his dog have one but an OMP one would look much nicer in my opinion. Perhaps with the little yellow band on it painted blue to match the other details on the car?

Also, do you not have any issues with the exhaust damaging the skirt through heat?

Thanks mate

Funny you should meantion the steering wheel as I am on the look out for a OMP one, been out bid a few times though

Side skirt is fine never melted it, it doesn't touch at all so air going around it keeps it at sensible temps I suppose
nibnob21
Premium Member

5th Sep 12 at 12:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What do you think of the idea of making the yellow band blue?

I know a guy who has an orange Impreza and he did it to his OMP wheel and it was a really tiny but good touch. Made the wheel match the rest of the car nicely.

MX5 Project Thread
dewismotorsport

5th Sep 12 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nibnob21
What do you think of the idea of making the yellow band blue?

I know a guy who has an orange Impreza and he did it to his OMP wheel and it was a really tiny but good touch. Made the wheel match the rest of the car nicely.

Agree would be a nice touch, simple enough to do as well
dewismotorsport

7th Sep 12 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well was working on car till half 3 this morning getting it finished :cry:

First up was to make a temperary camera mount for me an rich to use our cameras with, will do until I put cage in and have it mounted off that

Next job was to wire in the EPAS, would of been easier to do this when the dash was out but never mind, have hidden the ecu up out the way

Once that was done I painted the drivers footwell and mounted the EPAS controller (red topped knob)

Then painted the rear beam and anti roll bar as they were looking a bit rough, and are on view now due to the diffuser

Next up was to fit the spigot rings

Then drill the sliders so I could fit a split pin in to hold the window shut

And final job was to fit the nylon relief valve, down side was downpipe and boost pipes had to be removed to get to it :cry:

Checked all levels and was a happy tired man

Loaded the car today and drove back up to Coventry (from Poole) and all was fine really although the speedo has now stopped working so hopefully have a play with it in a bit but hopefully it hasn't snapped as no where near me sells them :cry:

Also car is running richer now due to the downsize in the throttle bodie, desperately needs some mapping, but have spoke to chip and could of done it tonight but I've got the kids so will leave it for now and do it next weekend hopefully as the car really needs some low boost/boost in gear as I really don't need 24psi in 1st, 2nd and 3rd msl:
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

7th Sep 12 at 19:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great work mate, glad it's running ok now

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
Generation

7th Sep 12 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This car is awesome
dewismotorsport

9th Sep 12 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers lads!

Few pics of the trip down to castle Combe

Had a good day considering the engine decided to kill itself, just got on the beers and had some passenger rides, it appears the ARP rod bolts (new 2000's) have snapped on the number one big end as I can see the journal and piston is still up the bore, smashed a whole in the block, although I do have it as it was still attached to the crank sensor msl:

Only photo I have of the car in action

Funny commentary about my car going round
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s42dMhFkU6U&feature=youtube_gdata_player

My trip home :cry: All 11 hours of it
dewismotorsport

9th Sep 12 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pics courtesy of Benn

Oh dear

<<  7    8    9    10    11    12    13  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » dewismotorsport's Corsa gsi turbo track car 24 database queries in 0.1123619 seconds