corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Luis Suarez

New Poll
  <<  13    14    15    16    17    18    19  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Luis Suarez
chrisritch

User status: Offline
21st Dec 11 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch
(Alleged) Balotelli on Twitter:

&#8206;" The FA are willing to ban someone based on one persons claim, with no video evidence? In that case, the whole ManU squad racially abused me." Mario Balotelli tweet

Legend

[Edited on 21-12-2011 by chrisritch]

Did he really write that? Wouldn't suprise me.

On the whole situation, im fuming, very harsh ban. What I'd write has already been said by Tom.

I'm guessing its a fake account. If not he has gone even higher in my estimations
mwg

21st Dec 11 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Players get a 3 match ban for a red card so 8 matches for racist abuse seems about right considering it's a much worse offence?

Pretty sure when this all originally kicked off weeks ago that Kenny Dalglish even said something along the lines of which ever party is found to be guilty should be punished accordingly. Which is what has happened.

[Edited on 21-12-2011 by mwg]
John

21st Dec 11 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you've got a red card it's for some sort of dangerous play?

Surely that's worse than calling someone a name
mwg

21st Dec 11 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So you think a bad tackle is worse than racist abuse?

The FA have a big anti-racist campaign going, they can't give him a slap on the wrist, would make a mockery of the whole thing.

I'm not saying he did or didn't say it before anyone starts, I haven't seen the evidence and neither has anyone else in here. I'm just saying that the punishment seems to fit the crime.
Tom

21st Dec 11 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dr Pepper, I can't understand your point at all. What has Kenny's team selections or purchases got to do with this situation, and what has some slight on Carragher from years ago got to do with anything? I have to question your objectivity when you are questioning Kenny's ability, look at the position of the club compared to a year ago ffs. If you don't think we have improved since he's been in charge you obviously haven't see us play very much, the players he's brought in have, in the main improved alot (bar Carroll). Regardless, I don't see what the signings he has made or his team selections have to do with how he handles players, is Fergie a shite manager cause he throws football boots at his players?

I don't think you understand Liverpool fans at all, or the club, if you think they will take this sitting down on the word of a previously unreliable Man United player. Seriously, do you expect the club to come out and wash their hands of one of our best players because the FA have made an example out of him (again based on hearsay from Evra)?

It's funny how up and down your morals are too, he's a disgrace for how he speaks to referee's yet you personally don't have a problem with heat of the moment racism as long as the person isn't really a racist? Again what's your point, you don't like Suarez because of his previous misdemeanours, what has that got to do with this situation?

I'm made up to have Kenny in charge, and to see him and the club backing our players 100%, if that's some sort of slight on us to opposing fans then fine, but he's not going anywhere
Nic Barnes

21st Dec 11 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Players get a 3 match ban for a red card so 8 matches for racist abuse seems about right considering it's a much worse offence?

Pretty sure when this all originally kicked off weeks ago that Kenny Dalglish even said something along the lines of which ever party is found to be guilty should be punished accordingly. Which is what has happened.

[Edited on 21-12-2011 by mwg]
You only think its fair as it didn't happen to your team. Blinkered vision.
John

21st Dec 11 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
So you think a bad tackle is worse than racist abuse?

Most definitely, the bad tackle could do some damage.

I know nothing about this btw, just think it's funny that calling names is worse than physical harm to a big strong footballer.
Tom

21st Dec 11 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg

Whoever is the guilty party - the person who said it or the accuser - [should] get their due punishment.

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
I'm not saying he did or didn't say it before anyone starts, I haven't seen the evidence and neither has anyone else in here. I'm just saying that the punishment seems to fit the crime.

He has seen the evidence, which is why we are behind Suarez. Inconsistencies as ever, will make us question how fair the ruling and punishment is. The FA are a joke, the way they handle situations like this is a joke. I'm looking forward to seeing the evidence about this line from our statement:

We would also like to know when the FA intend to charge Patrice Evra with making abusive remarks to an opponent after he admitted himself in his evidence to insulting Luis Suarez in Spanish in the most objectionable of terms.

We wouldn't have said that on an official statement without there being evidence of this. I find the way the FA pick and choose what they want to take into account sums up their attitude perfectly. The fact is, they are punishing one player one hearsay from another and are happy to disgard evidence of the other player doing the same (which he admitted).

They appear to have set a new precedent here, but as always they are so incosistent that you'll not see anyone else charged for any form of insulting behvaiour (or the whole f*cking league would be finished).

mwg

21st Dec 11 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree they are a joke and if they are to be consistent all abuse should be met with similar actions but yeah we know they wont do that!

But like I say if he was found guilty which they did rightly or wrongly, they weren't going to just give him a one match ban and tell them to shake hands.

John Terry should be screwed with his case being more clear cut. 12 match ban?
Conway563

21st Dec 11 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Announcement from CPS re. Terry due to be made this afternoon
Tom

21st Dec 11 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
I agree they are a joke and if they are to be consistent all abuse should be met with similar actions but yeah we know they wont do that!

But like I say if he was found guilty which they did rightly or wrongly, they weren't going to just give him a one match ban and tell them to shake hands.

John Terry should be screwed with his case being more clear cut. 12 match ban?

Of course they weren't going to give him a small ban, but the process of finding him guilty is what i'm mostly questioning. They have used him as a scapegoat as far as i'm concerned, when they had the opportunity to use reasoning and give themself some credence in the process.

Looking forward to the Terry anouncement.
Rick Draper

21st Dec 11 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FA are in a interesting position here. Video evidence of Terry using racism but if the CPS says there is not enough evidence to prosecute then what will the FA do? Say "O we cannot go any further as there is not enough evidence to charge him" or follow the precedent they have set here and apply the same punishment on the word of Ferdinand? Should be at least the latter IMHO.
chrisritch

21st Dec 11 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
FA are in a interesting position here. Video evidence of Terry using racism but if the CPS says there is not enough evidence to prosecute then what will the FA do? Say "O we cannot go any further as there is not enough evidence to charge him" or follow the precedent they have set here and apply the same punishment on the word of Ferdinand? Should be at least the latter IMHO.

It has to be the latter really or the FA are going to look like a right bunch of corrupt fuck wits.
Tom

21st Dec 11 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

There is no disputing what he said, if he gets away with it in some way then the FA are the racists for punishing Suarez and not the England captain.
Rick Draper

21st Dec 11 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

It has to be the latter really or the FA are going to look like a right bunch of corrupt fuck wits.

While I agerr it should be the latter I believe the get out would be what I said about the CPS.
chrisritch

21st Dec 11 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

While I agerr it should be the latter I believe the get out would be what I said about the CPS.

But then surely the fact Suarez wasn't investigated by the CPS should go in his favour and against Terry?
Rick Draper

21st Dec 11 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

But then surely the fact Suarez wasn't investigated by the CPS should go in his favour and against Terry?

Nope should not go against him at all. Anyhow its all irrelevant as hopefully Terry will get charged later.
Conway563

21st Dec 11 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Don't think anybody contacted the police about Saurez
The CPS are only involved in the Terry thing because members of the public made a police complaint
Nath

21st Dec 11 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sky Sports @SkySports 2m

The FA have confirmed Luis Suarez's eight-match ban for racially abusing Patrice Evra could be increased if he appeals. #LFC #MUFC
JonnyJ

21st Dec 11 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats just standard practice for all bans though isnt it?

Very much doubt it will be increased even if the appeal is unsuccessful.
mwg

21st Dec 11 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12040/7390428/Suarez-profile
Nath

21st Dec 11 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ

Depends how frivolous the appeal I guess. I don't think they all get extended.
JonnyJ

21st Dec 11 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ

Depends how frivolous the appeal I guess. I don't think they all get extended.

Aye i know, what i meant was the statement is just standard practice. Obviously if you appeal someone punching someone in the face its going to get extended whilst something contentious wouldnt
Jamxe

21st Dec 11 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Joint statement from Liverpool players just published
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/joint-statement-from-lfc-players
chrisritch

21st Dec 11 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamxe
Joint statement from Liverpool players just published
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/joint-statement-from-lfc-players

Including Glen Johnson, Andre Wisdom, Raheem Stirling, Nathan Eccleston and countless other black players we have.

<<  13    14    15    16    17    18    19  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Luis Suarez 23 database queries in 0.1946850 seconds