corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Luis Suarez

New Poll
  <<  14    15    16    17    18    19    20  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Luis Suarez
chrisritch

User status: Offline
21st Dec 11 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And the Uruguayan government and national team have released statements defending him.
Nath

21st Dec 11 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is all getting a bit weird
Dr Pepper

21st Dec 11 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch
quote:
Originally posted by Jamxe
Joint statement from Liverpool players just published
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/joint-statement-from-lfc-players

Including Glen Johnson, Andre Wisdom, Raheem Stirling, Nathan Eccleston and countless other black players we have.

Jesus wept...dont you get it? Your club obviously doesnt.

Its not a case of him being called a racist .... an independant panel have found him guilty of racial abuse ... that doesnt automatically mean he is a racist. Doesnt matter what his mates think of him, or how many black mates he has. If he used discriminating language of a racist nature then he is guilty of the charge levelled at him and he has no case to appeal on.

He has been found guilty of one of the charges levelled at him - he pretty much admitted to that charge, but said in his culture the phrase he used isnt offensive. Well im afraid it doesnt matter what he thought the phrase meant, if he said it thats the end of the matter as far as the FA are concerned. The simple fact is he shouldnt be saying anything along these lines to a black player on the pitch if you dont want to get into a case like this.

He has made a stupid mistake, he is guilty under the rules - he has been banned an appropriate amount of games...,,whats so hard to take about this?
Steve
Premium Member

21st Dec 11 at 19:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is getting very weird indeed, almost as weird as Jules Sumner
chrisritch

21st Dec 11 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all the LFC players warming up in Suarez shirts
Nath

21st Dec 11 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LOL
chrisritch

21st Dec 11 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
LOL

what the fuck you laughing at boy?
Nath

21st Dec 11 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
LOL

Your cringeworthy club
chrisritch

21st Dec 11 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
LOL

Your cringeworthy club

Oh, ok. I thought you were laughing at me lol
Nath

21st Dec 11 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No not this time

DC90

21st Dec 11 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Liverpool FC promoting racism. Disgusting.
chrisritch

21st Dec 11 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DC90

How?
Steve
Premium Member

21st Dec 11 at 19:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is fucking cringeworthy
DC90

21st Dec 11 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by DC90

How?

By wearing Suarez shirts.
chrisritch

21st Dec 11 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve

You posting in here is fucking cringeworthy. As is you having a 12 year old girlfriend. as is you playing with airfix at your age.
Marc

21st Dec 11 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Racist Spanish bastards.
Steve
Premium Member

21st Dec 11 at 20:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Steve

You posting in here is fucking cringeworthy. As is you having a 12 year old girlfriend. as is you playing with airfix at your age.
as opposed to cleaning horses sheaths in your spare time?
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

21st Dec 11 at 20:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Should be wearing lets kick racism out of football t-shirts!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
chrisritch

21st Dec 11 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis Hamilton

Hypocritical, Racist bastard.
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

21st Dec 11 at 20:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not racist just dislike Lewis! Wouldn't go calling him a nigger

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Jamxe

21st Dec 11 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Funny the way Evra's "Word was said ten times" claims seem to have been swept under the carpet..But sure why would he make it up..
Nath

22nd Dec 11 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DAILY MAIL WARNING

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2077457/Alan-Hansens-Luis-Suarez-coloured-race-gaffe-BBC-MOTD-pundit-forced-apologise.html
Ben G

22nd Dec 11 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thought there'd be something in the press about it. i cringed when i watch it last night.

pathetic really, black is a colour.
Mike GSi

22nd Dec 11 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How fucking pathetic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa2JYCNF2_g&feature=g-logo&context=G240d04cFOAAAAAAACAA

I lol'd at the end.
Tom

22nd Dec 11 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper
Jesus wept...dont you get it? Your club obviously doesnt.

I don’t actually think you ‘get it’ as much as you’d like to think you do.
quote:
Its not a case of him being called a racist .... an independant panel have found him guilty of racial abuse ... that doesnt automatically mean he is a racist. Doesnt matter what his mates think of him, or how many black mates he has. If he used discriminating language of a racist nature then he is guilty of the charge levelled at him and he has no case to appeal on.

If the first line of what you have said is true (and it is), why have the kick racism out lot not lambasted the press’ coverage HERE yet are quick to criticise the players team mates for backing him when the FA’s full findings haven’t even been released yet? The fact they said something about it being damaging to the campaign or how young people interpret it is hugely bizarre to me when they are happy to wheel out a spokesperson on Sky straight after the gimps in the sky studio are calling him a racist every 5 minutes.
Also, how the hell you would know whether or not Suarez has case to appeal is beyond me, just because you can’t get your head round his defence doesn’t mean it’s not relevant and doesn't mean we won't get an appeal heard.
quote:
He has been found guilty of one of the charges levelled at him - he pretty much admitted to that charge, but said in his culture the phrase he used isnt offensive. Well im afraid it doesnt matter what he thought the phrase meant, if he said it thats the end of the matter as far as the FA are concerned. The simple fact is he shouldnt be saying anything along these lines to a black player on the pitch if you dont want to get into a case like this.

The issue I have, is the FA being inconsistent and the fact that club are not happy that there was any real evidence to convict him (and then hand out a massive ban). To put it simply, Suarez said something which in his culture isn’t offensive, Evra said something to him in Spanish that was either xenophobic or racist ‘Don't touch me, you South American’. Because Evra lodged the complaint about this, the FA have thrown the book at Suarez whilst ignoring words that Evra admitted to saying in his interview, and potentially ignoring the number of times and order in which things were said. Evra accused Suarez of saying this thing ‘at least 10 times’ which seems to have been brushed under the carpet, hence us calling him unreliable I guess.
The second rule that Suarez is supposed to have broken (lets ignore the insulting one for now as we know that happens 20 times a game) is FA Rule E3(2); the insulting words used by Mr Suarez included a reference to Mr Evra's colour within the meaning of Rule E3(2). If you look at Rule E3 in the FA handbook it includes ‘reference to any one or more of a person’s ethnic origin, colour, race, nationality, faith, gender, sexual orientation or disability’. Explain to me how what Evra admitted saying wasn’t in direct breach of these rules? Now explain to me how it’s ok for Suarez to be labelled a racist by a national newspaper, and how it’s ok that everyone is comfortable with this as long as we’re strengthening the message on racism? If Luis Suarez is a racist, Evra is a racist as far as I’m concerned.
quote:
He has made a stupid mistake, he is guilty under the rules - he has been banned an appropriate amount of games...,,whats so hard to take about this?

I’m not even going to get into the length of the ban, but what is so hard to take is that the FA used the situation to make an example out of Suarez alone, the press and even the campaigners are happy to use him as a scape-goat whilst in my view it’s actually detracting from the work they do. The fact the FA chose to ignore the complicated nature of the situation from our perspective, and disregard admissions that should amount to a similar charge for Evra tells me all I need to know. I genuinely would have been happier for this to be heard in a proper court. Suarez is not a racist, but everyone is willing to see him hung out to dry, everyone apart from all involved with LFC.
If people choose to call us embarrassing for that then so be it.

<<  14    15    16    17    18    19    20  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Luis Suarez 24 database queries in 0.1168029 seconds