corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Luis Suarez

New Poll
  <<  15    16    17    18    19    20    21  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Luis Suarez
Gavin
Premium Member

User status: Offline
22nd Dec 11 at 17:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Luis Suarez is guilt of using discriminating language of a racist nature. To be honest, he's getting off lightly!!! Imagine if you said something like this at work! You'd be lucky not to get fired...

Now this is were it get ridiculous.... imagine if you used discriminating language of a racist nature at work and then 10 of you mates came into work the next day wearing t-shirts to support your case.

Is Suarez racist?.... most likely not... but he used said something which is deemed as unacceptable and should accept his punishment.

As for the 'coloured' comment said by Hansen during MoTD... personally, I aint keen on 'coloured' as its a lazy description which collates non-white people into one category. Obviously its been picked up as 'Football' and 'Racism' is hot topic atm.

As for John Terry.... well, he's a prick so I'm unable to comment without being one-sided :-)

pew pew pew pewwwww
Gavin
Premium Member

22nd Dec 11 at 18:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pew pew pew pewwwww
Nic Barnes

22nd Dec 11 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
DAILY MAIL WARNING

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2077457/Alan-Hansens-Luis-Suarez-coloured-race-gaffe-BBC-MOTD-pundit-forced-apologise.html

thats just pathetic trying to stir racial hatred in the game of football. doubt hansen meant anything racial at all ffs. typical comments on there by example, who didnt watch match of the day, asking for him to be handed his p45. wtf? media blow everything out of proportion once again.
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Dec 11 at 18:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bet its white people asking for him to be sacked
Nic Barnes

22nd Dec 11 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i bet it is as well. thinking they are doing the right thing, where actually theyre causing these nothing comments to be considered racist. absolute joke. i watched match of the day last night. i didnt even pick up on it during the show.
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Dec 11 at 18:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyway since when did the term coloured become out of fashion, iirc it wasnt that long ago that it was the PC term to use to describe a 'black' man

Who incidentally isnt also black so moaning about the term coloured bears the same innacuracies as using the term black
Ian
Site Administrator

22nd Dec 11 at 18:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gavin
I aint keen on 'coloured' as its a lazy description which collates non-white people into one category.
As opposed to black which is seemingly fine despite being less accurate, even more lazy and quite clearly the complete opposite of anything white.

Make sure to tell us what word is en vogue in the next five years when we'll be treated with complete disdain for using anything which is currently acceptable.

What a ridiculous situation when someone can't even make a point without being jumped on for using the wrong word, when his points can be thoroughly understood and he is quite clearly coming from a well informed and reasonable position.

Perhaps he doesn't care enough about race to learn the words. And by that he's actually not one of the real racists who persist in making sure people have the issue rammed down their throats at every opportunity.

I don't care about race - doesn't bother me in the slightest - and I therefore couldn't care what categories you have or what you want to call them this week. If you need to make a point in a discussion, choose vocabulary which can be understood and purveys your meaning. And if people get offended perhaps they need to stop being so fucking racist.
Nic Barnes

22nd Dec 11 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im offended by the people complaning about it. which would make me a racist i guess?
Ian
Site Administrator

22nd Dec 11 at 18:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah if you can't see anything wrong with the word 'coloured' then you are an ignorant biggot who deserves to be outcast from polite society.

The above is sarcasm btw.
Russ

22nd Dec 11 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i agree with coloured by a lazy term, i had loads of black friends before i left wolverhampton (no black people in norfolk), they were happy to be called black, same as i am happy to be called white. I don't think any of them would of got on a their high horse if somebody referred to one of them as a coloured person, if they were obviously not trying to be racist, obviously if you are being racist, and being derogatory it doesn't matter if you are using a 'PC' word or not.

The Hanson thing is stupid, he was trying to be racist, if you have no interest in racism, and judge all people equal then using a non PC term i wouldn't class as racist, and only morons would.
Nic Barnes

22nd Dec 11 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its not so much the word. like any word that has offensive meanings, it depends upon the way its used and the context of the statement/conversation. alan hansen didnt really do anything racist.
Russ

22nd Dec 11 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

exactly ^

John Terry said Black Cunt, he was PC, but still racist
Ian
Site Administrator

22nd Dec 11 at 18:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How is coloured more lazy than black?

They're basically synonyms.

Go on - because some leftys have told me I can't use one but the other is fine. Is that all you have?
Ben G

22nd Dec 11 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fact of the matter is, they are brown not black.

you wouldn't describe a poo as being black, unless you've got something wrong with your colon.
Russ

22nd Dec 11 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as it is a general term used by people to explain everyone who isnt white, that has been used for decades to encompass a a minority of non whites
John

22nd Dec 11 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People should stop whining.

If you are calling someone a name you obviously want to cause offence, if you know something 'racist' causes offence that's a sensible choice.

I'd laugh no matter what I was called, I'd have obviously done something to upset them.
Russ

22nd Dec 11 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
fact of the matter is, they are brown not black.

you wouldn't describe a poo as being black, unless you've got something wrong with your colon.
Ben, now dont piss on your bathroom floor next time you look in the mirror, but you aren't actually white..
Ian
Site Administrator

22nd Dec 11 at 18:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We don't want facts Ben, facts are not convenient.
Cavey

22nd Dec 11 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I find the term 'lefty' offensive to me as I'm left handed. I demand a full apology in a national newspaper please Ian.

I don't care if it wasn't used in that context. It's still offensive to me.
Ian
Site Administrator

22nd Dec 11 at 18:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
as it is a general term used by people to explain everyone who isnt white, that has been used for decades to encompass a a minority of non whites
Coloured or black? I'm looking to see how they are different.

Aside from one being in fashion now and the other not.
Marc

22nd Dec 11 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I refuse to use the term "coloured". Was something they all said when I worked at Norwich Union, I'm sorry but the term is black and white.

As Ben said, technically we have brown, slightly darker brow, peach etc. Whole thing gets way out of hand.
Ian
Site Administrator

22nd Dec 11 at 18:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
I refuse to use the term "coloured" ... the term is black and white.

Yes but why?
Jamxe

22nd Dec 11 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For anyone interested in reading one of the most open minded articles I've read on the topic,
http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2011/12/hypocrisy-the-english-disease/
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Dec 11 at 18:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

End of the day, neither are factually correct, and neither are deemed offensive, or racist(unless you want them to be)

Its how they are used that is the important thing, Hanson was not using it in a racist manner.

You could call someone a black cunt, or a coloured cunt and both turn into something equally as offensive. In fact i think black cunt actually sounds worse

Russ

22nd Dec 11 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by Russ
Coloured or black? I'm looking to see how they are different.

Aside from one being in fashion now and the other not.
mixed race is actually not the PC term, it should be dual heritage. when things are getting that petty i can think a line needs to be drawn.

Like i said, i dont think any of my friends would take offence to being called coloured, but prefer black, same as i prefer being called a yamyam and not a brummy.

<<  15    16    17    18    19    20    21  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Luis Suarez 24 database queries in 0.1900871 seconds